PDA

View Full Version : Im crying hysterically

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:14 AM
I am beside myself crying with grief today.
Something is wrong with my cat(Sam'e) and he has to go in the hospial and have surgery..........i will take him after i type this all.
I am so upset.

He appearantly srcatched his ear(lobe) and has a hematoma(sp?) the Drs says. It requires surgery or else it fills up , burst and his ear shrivals up and deforms his ear. :( I know he is uncomfortable because he is hiding and wont lay with me like he does............so in debt i go...but hes like one of my kids.

At first the vets said they wouldnt work with me on a bill and i called back crying hysterically asking them questions like, "is he in pain?" "will this kill him?".....they finally let me speak to the vet himself who said to bring him in and he'll look at him for me....i told him i am disabled, low income and this cat just adopted us a yr ago and i cant let this happen to him....he's like a kid to me(i couldnt catch my breath while talking to the vet and he knows what this cat means to me now i think)I told him i could give him $100 down towards all this and would make payments on the rest....He says it runs $250--$500 total
Now this means my truck registration which expires today will have to go unpaid and i will have to drive an unregistered vehicle till god knows when to save my cat but i love him to death and its not like i drive anywhere but therapy anyways :(
Please send good vibes and prayers for Sam'e while he is at the vets the next couple days and throw a couple extra i never get stopped :D
Thanks people

freebielover
02-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Oh my goodness, I can't imagine how that must feel. At least they are working out a payment plan, I hope everything goes OK. How much is your registration? Good luck, you are in my thoughts! ::Good vibes going your way::

JewRican
02-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I am so sorry about your cat, those buggers purr until they get into your heart, huh?

Don't you have any money left from your Support Kids check to help cover this? You may want to look into pet insurance. I hope your baby feels better soon.

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:30 AM
registration is $92 and its up today and i have to get an inspection sticker again(have someone working on that)but my cat is more important

buttrfli
02-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Oh no :( I am so sorry .. is this the grey kitty you posted in V/W??

I would do the same thing and pay for the surgery.. pets are like your children! I hope things work out for you!

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Don't you have any money left from your Support Kids check to help cover this?

OK Nana...give me strength here!

Ok people lets just say i got screwed outta my supportkids check....i ended up getting just a bit over $3000 outta all that money because NH seized it as back pay for all the yrs i was on TANF there.....dont go saying its not fair i had to pay this as it wasnt "me" paying it.This money came from "him" as child support and they seized it as him paying it back...all legal and done with now...Trust me i fought it for months and even had an attourney look into :( sad but true!

So i am penniless and broke again and living bill to bill..stop laughing now ok
Nana has been the only one i confided this too and i thank her for listening when i needed it :)

HumblePie98
02-28-2005, 07:48 AM
..stop laughing now ok

I really hope no one would even laugh at that. That's a shame you lost out on all that money- you deserved it.

I hope your kitty is okay. Have you checked into any free care?? Another good idea is to call cat rescues.Sometimes they can help you if you expalin the situation.

dangerousfem
02-28-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm so sorry... I know you probably don't want to do this.. but maybe your BF could pay for your truck as an Easter present... instead of buying you something or goind to dinner... he sounds like a nice guy.. I bet he would.

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Oh no :( I am so sorry .. is this the grey kitty you posted in V/W??
I would do the same thing and pay for the surgery.. pets are like your children! I hope things work out for you!

Yes Sam'e is the one whos pic i posted and i will do whatever for him thats needed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Mamafairall/sammy_1.jpg

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm so sorry... I know you probably don't want to do this.. but maybe your BF could pay for your truck as an Easter present... instead of buying you something or goind to dinner... he sounds like a nice guy.. I bet he would.

As much as Matthew is a nice guy...i wouldnt expect him to do this for me :(

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 07:52 AM
gotta get to the vets be back later ok

Angel Lips
02-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Im sorry to hear your cat is sick, I will say prayers for you and hope everything gets figured out with your money sitiuation. (((hugs)))

nanajoanie
02-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Mama, maybe Mathew could pay for your registration as a loan and you could pay him back. So sorry about Sam but yes our pets are our children and they depend on us. Any possibility that the vet would take smaller payments? It's worth a shot to ask. Sending good vibes, huggles, and even a prayer. Huggles, Joanie

Willow
02-28-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :( My cat means more to me than some of my family members. I hope everything goes well.

nosamiam
02-28-2005, 09:35 AM
That happend to one of my cats and I don't remember it costing as much as $250. Good luck with your kitty! (((HUGS)))

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
I am back from the vets ofc and Sam'e of course is still there.
They made me leave $100 towards payment..every cent i had towards my truck registration......but Sam'e will be ok.

I dont really wanna confide in Matthew that i have money problems....i just cant do that.I have never had a man pay for my way and i just couldnt do that. I will tell him whats going on and if he offers "hey well sure" But i wont ask him for a loan.

It is a shame that i got screwed outta that money but that what i get for being on TANF i guess huh? Had to be paid back somewhere and they got it all back :(

I prolly could of just let the cats ear go but i love that cat and he's kept me good company in the year since "HE" found us.I couldnt do that to him.He cried all the way to the Vets ofc and behaved so well for not liking people..he hides if someone knocks on my door remember?
I cried as i left him there and will call later to check on him.

Hey im strong and i know things will get better huh?

nanajoanie
02-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Think positive Tina with a few prayers in there. Sam will get better. Your vet will do everything possible. Good Luck Sam. :)

Eyore
02-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I know what it is like, my cats are my babies.
I had one cat that got cancer in his foot. After all the tests that were done we had his leg removed to try to prevent the cancer from spreading. I must have spent a grand on that cat. He ended up dying about a year or so after his leg was removed.
I'm not laughing over your situation at all. I feel for you the way things worked out. But can I ask what is TANF?
Hope your kitty will be ok and that you somehow get the money for your registration.

Army-Mom
02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
I hope that your kitty gets better soon, he is in my prayers.
Marcia

evrita
02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
No laughing here.. I hope everything works out well I know how you feel about your cat I have one who found us too she is our one with no tail and I would do the same thing you are doing right now (((hugs))) It will get better

BrightEyes
02-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Same thing happened to My Mom's kitty, he didnt need surgery, they just drained his ear a couple of times and let it kind of shrivel. He wasnt in any pain and he is fine, this heppened two years ago and he doesnt even notice his ear looks different. He is as healthy as any kitty can possibly be abd his littel ear gives him character, not that Nanook needed anymore, LOL. I think they gave her something to put on it after they drained it but he did not have surgery or a high vet bill

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
feel for you the way things worked out. But can I ask what is TANF?
Hope your kitty will be ok and that you somehow get the money for your registration.

TANF=WELFARE cash aid

janelle
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
My sister found a good vet who didn't charge so much. You may need to look around for a vet like that. Some vets want to do lots of tests and do unnecessary things. Fine a good country vet who believes in doing what is necessary to keep your kitty well but not lots of cosmetic things.

Some people do not want a pet that has a droopy ear but if it doesn't hurt the cat then do what needs to be done to help kitty stay well and forget the cosmetic aspects of it. Good luck.Huggs.

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Update form the vets:

Sam'e did fine and i can pick him up tomorrow morning :)
Ya know i really couldnt spend time "shopping" around for the cheapest vet and had to do what was needed for him as i could tell this morning he was uncomfotrable when he wouldnt come out from under my bed for anything...not even the sound of the garbage truck he stares at thru our windows..lol

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts about Sam'e and not slamming me for counting my "chickens before they hatched" with that support money. Believe me i got taken a good one(over $25K) and didnt even get kissed afterwards

Eyore
02-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Dang, I didn't know you had to pay welfare back if you came into money. That stinks. But glad to hear your cat is doing better.

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Dang, I didn't know you had to pay welfare back if you came into money. That stinks. But glad to hear your cat is doing better.

Yes if any child support is collect towrds the child(ren) yur collecting welfare for its has to be paid back before any support can be issued.........since we basically collected this money from "him" they siezed the money and collected it from me since i had "his" money...anyone following me here?

Wlefare is not free and has to be paid back

irrelevant0
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
first of all, i hope the cat is okay. i think it's great you spent money on the cat and not a truck. good luck to sam for a fast recovery. >^._.^<

It is a shame that i got screwed outta that money but that what i get for being on TANF i guess huh? Had to be paid back somewhere and they got it all back :(

i have never heard of welfair having to be paid back either, unless they decided they paid you too much at a certain time. even if they overpaid you, i don't agree with the way they got the money back from you. i do think it's a good idea to make people pay it back though. that would cut down on a lot of abuse.

I will tell him whats going on and if he offers "hey well sure" But i wont ask him for a loan.

why not just ask to borrow it and pay him back instead of hinting around and just taking it? i am not trying to sound rude, but that would be the more adult thing to do. i know you said you're low income, and i know what that's like, i'm always broke. i always have my bills paid, and if i need a loan for gas or something, i ask, i don't talk about my situation and what i can't get and wait for an offer. i don't think that's right, but that's just me.

Katt
02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Here, if you go on tanf, the state automatically goes after the absentee parent. They will garnish checks etc to get their money back.

Glad your kitty got fixed. :)

latestdish
02-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Glad cat better. *huge hugs and prayers on your financial situation* Most places, if you are welfare, will automatically go after absent parent for support. There are a few exceptions, such as domestic violence waivers. Yes, most of the time you have to pay back assistance if you receive support. Take care, Joy

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Here, if you go on tanf, the state automatically goes after the absentee parent. They will garnish checks etc to get their money back.
Glad your kitty got fixed. :)

This was money seized from the absent parent so it was seized from me to pay that debt.

Irrelevant0~ i dont borrow from anyone so i dont owe...no matter how bad things get...i make do till i get by.So i drive unregistered for a month or two...whooptee i can handle that more than a dead cat on my conscience

Please people i wasnt looking for a hand out and would never do that here. I was just venting about high cost of vets thats all...we've all vented before right.

bribella
02-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I am glad your kitty will be ok! Now be careful when driving.....lol :)

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I am glad your kitty will be ok!
Now be careful when driving.....lol :)

Maybe i'll do all my errands at "night".......lol

Katt
02-28-2005, 04:45 PM
This was money seized from the absent parent so it was seized from me to pay that debt.

That's how it works here too. That's why THEY like to go after the back child support. They can get their cut of back pay before it ever goes to the person the pack pay is owed to.

Katt
02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Ohhh and drive down a bunch of dirt roads till your tag is filthy. LOL Might buy you some time. :p

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Ohhh and drive down a bunch of dirt roads till your tag is filthy. LOL Might buy you some time. :p

Maybe i'll just scratch it up like i've seen others do.....lol

Donnagg123
02-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Too bad I did not see this before. My cat is an outside cat ans came home with the exact same thing one time, a hematoma on his ear right where the back of the ear meets the head. We definately did not have any money, so what we did was I wrapped him in a towel so he could not scratch at us and drained it with a sterile needle, put pressure on it till bleeding slowed, and put peroxide on it. I checked it every day and kept putting peroxide on it every day. Eventually it went away. Total cost was nothing, but if we would have had to pay it would have been not much over a buck.

Edited to say that his ear is fine and the hair grew back and everything. It did not shrivel or look lopsided at all after it was all gone.

queenangie
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Mama, so sorry you've had a bad day, but at least the kitty is getting some relief now.

We were all rooting for you when that child support $$ was coming your direction before Christmas. It was a dream come true. But that darn
bubble certainly was bursted by Uncle Sam. Not fair at all!!!!

Prayers said for you, dear, and warm hugs too!

Keep us posted how kitty progresses.

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
wow Donnagg123 im not sure i have the strength to do what you did.....ouch!

Sam'e's was on the inside flap of his ear and looked like someone had blown up a mylar balloon.

i'm comforted knowing he had it done by a Dr and correctly and i couldnt of handled all that blood.im squimish(sp?) that way :(

Donnagg123
02-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm a nurse in training, so if blood made me squeamish I am definately in the wrong profession, LOL! But, I know what you mean :)

MamaFairal
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
eeeww! i couldnt of done that :( i could never be a nurse becuase of being squeamish

I did what i did and TG he'll be ok.....now he's my money cat i guess!
I have a pic of it but it wont let me post it only email it...havent figured out all this new stuff with my computer yet :) and how everything works(jump drive and all)

kimp67
02-28-2005, 06:32 PM
So sorry to hear about your kitty. They are definately part of the family & you do what ya gotta do for them, just like your other kids. Glad he'll be okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your tags!

Shann
02-28-2005, 06:35 PM
*hugs* sending you and kitty lots of good vibes.

katzenberg
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
i hope it all works out for you .i consider my animals like babies .

twinkiesmom
02-28-2005, 07:39 PM
(((MamaF)))

Glad your conscience is eased w/ya kitty. Take good care of 'Money Cat' when you pick him up.

msmom79
02-28-2005, 08:11 PM
so sorry to hear about your kitty mama!! i would have done the same thing you did for my animals.they are so good to me,as im sure your kitty is good to you.now mama,my dog went through this once,yes my dog,we had to have the vet lance his ear,he cried with his,shock his head all the time,so it was vet time,the vet just cris cross cut it and drained it and gave us meds for him ,the cost was like $55 here,not as much as yours,but my doggy did just fine after it,im sure kitty will be fine,sore for a couple of days but he;ll be fine.love and hugs to you and kitty. ann

joesbaby
02-28-2005, 10:00 PM
im glad your kitty is ok. its hard to have animals and not get close to them. i have a horse who is always getting a hoof infection. it happens every change in season, and i always put out about 200 for it. everyone around me says get rid ofhim while i can, but i love the silly thing to death. hes only 8 and i love that i can ride him bareback in the snow if i want. i knw how you feel about the will do anythign for them. and then there are people who look at us like we are crazy..and its "only" an animal. im sorry about your support too. that sucks, but i understand how it is taken back. dont mean its not a harsh blow. im sorry. i hope things work out for your.

have a good day
ericka

Eyore
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Do you have your baby back yet from the vet? Bet he will be glad to be home and you will be happy to have him back home. I miss my babies if they stay at the vet for something. How's he doing today?

irrelevant0
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Maybe i'll do all my errands at "night".......lol

don't! you're more likely to get caught at night because there are less people out, and you will be easier to spot.

justme23
03-02-2005, 11:45 PM
don't! you're more likely to get caught at night because there are less people out, and you will be easier to spot.

Depends on where her stickers are... if they're still on the license plates, then I would agree... if they're on the windshield and are just punched w/ a hole punch, then they probably won't notice.