PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race 7

buttrfli
02-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Rob & Amber??? Whats up with CBS putting contestants/winners of other shows in the amazing race? First it was allison from big brother and now rob and amber from survivor. I personally can't stand it and hope they lose and give someone else a change to win :rolleyes:

kayjay33
02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
I agree with you completely. It doesn't seem fair to give them another chance at the big money. Unless it is an all star session where everyone has already been on one of these shows. But to pit a million dollar winner like Amber against all these others who have never had her chances seems to be stacking the deck in her favor.

MamaFairal
03-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Amber and Rob approached CBS to be on it not the other way around :(

Steena
03-09-2005, 08:15 AM
I like the fact that Rob & Amber are on Amazing Race. So far, they are a fun duo to watch. Of course, I do not want them to win, but I would like to see them in the final four. I think ratings are better because people are tuning in to see them.

So, who's your favorite duo this season?

Anthill
03-09-2005, 09:31 AM
I also don't think that Amber and Rob should be on it also. They have a million dollars already, and to say on National Tv that they want more in their bank account before they start a family is in my opinion a selfish thing to say. Look at Janice and Euchenia they tried to raise a family and all thier money was spent on that and they have nothing in their bank account. It also puts Rob and Amber at an unfair advantage, because everyone knows who they are. I mean look at how that guy helped them in the first episode, that wouldn't have happened if they were not Rob and Amber. No one else got that type of treatment. And then last night, I was ready to smack him. I don't find fault in the fact that he told the Guard not to reveal the info, what I do find wrong, is that when he was approached by other team members he denied. Which is fine, but to then get mad because she called him a liar, and then next week, he is going to steal her cab to teach her not to call him a liar. HE WAS A LIAR!!!! I mean this is a RACE, he should do whatever it takes to win, but OWN up it!!! when you are caught, don't turn it around and put the blame on them. I mean he is a snake, just like Kathy from Surv said he is not to be trusted. I hope those people see thru it and use them to thier advantage, but Rob is one lucky you know what, so who knows. BUT if he wins I will be so upset!!! (I know it is a game). I am rooting for the brothers, Euchenia (sp)and Janice, and maybe the gay son and mom.

suzski
03-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm enjoying this season of AR so much more than last season. They all started off being so nasty to each other last year, and by the end, I really didn't care who won....

This year, it seems like the people CARE for each other for the most part and it makes it much more enjoyable to watch. I too agree that Rob and Amber shouldn't have the opportunity on this show....there are thousands of applicants and they've had their 15 minutes (and beyond!) of fame. Let them do more Survivor reunion shows, but don't be dragging them into the best reality show on TV. I've got several that I'd like to see win, but I really like the former POW/beauty queen combo, the married couples, the mother/son duo, and the gay couple. They all have alot of personality and they compel you to watch them.

MamaFairal
03-11-2005, 07:04 AM
I am kinda really rooting for the two brothers :)

Steena
03-25-2005, 08:25 AM
I like the two brothers too! The gay couple are kind of funny, but over the top sometimes. I like the mother and son, but they're starting to bicker at one another too much (that gets annoying). Also, the POW and girlfriend are a good team. They seem to keep cool about tense situations. Now, the entertaining thing about Rob & Amber (actually just Rob....she just rides along) is that he turns to camera and will give a small commentary about a situation, which is usually funny. That's the entertaining part. No, I do not want them to win, but watching Rob, as arrogant as he is, is entertaining.

Kelsey1224
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
I personally like Rob and Amber. I did not like them as much when they were on Survivor...but Rob has grown on me. I like how they treat each other which is such a breath of fresh air when you consider the last AR, i.e. Jonathan and Victoria to name just two.

Spoilers say that they don't win. But I have to give Rob credit. He really knows how to strategize the game...something that is lost on many of the other players. He makes the game much more entertaining.

As for them approaching CBS...who cares? The producers don't pick people who "deserve a chance"...that's not how it's done. People apply for the show and they are picked based on their ability to "entertain" and create talk the next day.

Romber have definitely done that!!!

Big Brother is a prime example of a show that picks people to entertain. Half the people are wannabe actors/models. Many of them were referred by their agents and they never even submit an application tape.

And on Survivor (my favorite show by the way)...most of the people are picked because they look good in a swim suit. Jeff Probst has even stated that there will never be a Survivor at the South Pole (which would require real survivor skills) because people would have to be fully clothed on the show.

I'm really enjoying this season and will be disappointed when Romber finally are eliminated.

halvarado
03-28-2005, 08:08 PM
i like rob and amber this time. i didn't like him on survivor either, but i like him now. i can't stand that guy with the on again/off again girlfriend. he is so mean to her. i like the older couple. i love this show, and i think this season is great. (and i don't really think it matters if they won on a different show or not, i think that is fine;) ) i can't wait for this week, when they show that the older lady gets hurt, there was a lot of blood on her head and i have been worried about herLOL she and her dh are so cute:)

buttrfli
03-29-2005, 07:53 PM
did anyone watch it tonight? Rob and amber totaly made me sick. The boys wrecked, the camera man was hurt and didn't even so much as slow down to make sure everyone was ok.

Karma will catch up with them.

belcherpi
03-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I watched it and couldn't believe they could be so mean. I knew Rob was but I didn't think Amber would. I guess she's been with him so long she's acting like him now.

MamaFairal
03-30-2005, 07:11 AM
i couldnt believe last nights show.

Rob & Amber are just something else in my opinion.

I am so glad the brothers won the foot race for the finish :) I really hope they win.They were genuinely upset and crying when the host said the camera man would be ok...they are #1 in my book even if they dont win tho.

Gretchen and Meridith are the other team i would like to see win.

I am so hooked on AR its not funny

suzski
03-30-2005, 07:29 AM
I think last night showed exactly why other reality show winners should not be able to compete on TAR. How many times does "Team Romber" get a hook up because of their exposure on Survivor? We may as well put J Lo and P Diddy as a team on the show....geez!

I never really cared for Rob and Amber before, and my opinion has been going downhill ever since. They definately showed their colors with the "I bet Gretchen didn't even fall...they were just going for sympathy" comment as well as not even PAUSING to check on the brothers.... and don't tell me it's a race... they KNEW they were very near the front, with at least 2 teams stalled by the road, so to give 30 seconds to check on the team would not have hurt them. Humanity must place somewhere, and it evidently places at the bottom with this team. Hopefully it won't be too long before they place at the same and hear those famous words come out of Phil's mouth "Rob and Amber, you're the last team to arrive. I'm sorry but you've been eliminated from the race".

As for Ray and Deanna, all I can say is WOOHOO!!! Ray was a jerk from day 1, and I didn't appreciate his comments about Meredith and Gretchen. Now he can watch as "the old couple that has lasted 20 years longer than they should have" move on while he goes home.

This season is awesome!

CHERNL
03-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh, TYTYTYTYTY for letting me know what happened! I had my DVR set for a weekly record, and of course forgot to change the time on it so that I got both hours recorded. Went in to watch, only had the first hour, and I was MAD! I was so glad to see that the first leg did not involve an elimination, and even though I think Meredith and Gretchen are annoying, I really really hated that Ray guy, and am glad to know that he is gone. Woo Hoo!! Go Lynn and Alex! Go Uchenna and Joyce!

Steena
03-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Yep, Rob & Amber blew it! All they had to do was slow down, roll down the window, and ask if everything is okay? They would have been waved on, and still not lost a single minute of their precious race time. Amber, you know that it's okay to speak up sometimes? If that were me, I would have had a fit and insist that he turn around and at least inquire if everyone's okay. She knew full well that Rob acted inappropiately, and did nothing and actually grinned a little. I'm glad the host asked about this later and hopefully they felt embarrassed/ashamed.

Wouldn't you die to see how R&A were treated that night since they had to sleep outside with everyone else? I hope everyone gave them a rough time.

I really like the brothers and loved how they pulled it off at the last second. I want them to win. And I loved how they interacted with the children at the orphanage.....very sweet.

belcherpi
03-30-2005, 02:40 PM
I think Rob and Amber being on Survivor has given them an unfair advantage over everyone else in the race. It seems like everytime they are falling behind someone recognizes them and helps them get near the front of the pack again. I don't think it's fair to the rest of the teams at all. I hope everyone gives them the cold shoulder for the way they did the brothers when they wrecked. That wasn't right at all. I can't believe Rob got so mad at Lynn and Alex for not sharing the bus ride with them. He tried the same thing earlier in the race with another team. He's taken other teams cabs and everything and he can't stand it when they do the same type of thing to him. He is such a jerk! I can't wait until they are eliminated! :mad:

Steena
04-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Anyone watch lastnight? I was sad to see the brothers go. I wanted to see them in the end. They brought a ton of personality to the show, up to their exit!!!

Anthill
04-06-2005, 07:05 AM
I am so Bummed, I was rooting for them!!!! Well I guess I will root for my second team now, Euchenia (sp) and his wife. I can't stand Rob and Amber. And he is saying that the gloves are off. When did he have the gloves on???? He has been nothing but sneaky thru this entire race and lying and when someone does him wrong he is appalled and shocked!!!! He acted like what Lynn and Alex did was the most horrible thing in the world and he would never stoop that low when infact he has and then lied about it. He bribed the guard at the train station, and then said he didn't, he bribed the bus driver to not open the doors in the back, and took the other 3 teams money and didn't put his $5.00 in, he stole the girls cab (and had the nerve to say that will teach them not to call me a liar as if he wasn't one), he got on a bus and wouldn't let them pick up anyone else remember that ???? But when the lynn and alex do it, OMG, Rob is going to start playing the game, and the gloves are off, and it's down to the wire. Did I miss something was he ever not playing the game? And as for Amber, she is just as bad if not worse because she doesn't even say anything about it. She is not even shocked, it's almost as if it's ok what he is doing after all they need another million dollars in the bank before she will have a family w/ this man. It kills me everytime I see them, they better get elimnated soon. I did want them to come in last when it was a non-elimanation so that no one would help them just like they didn't help the old couple. BUT he is one lucky SOB that he would probably come in first so now I just want them to get eliminated!!!! If he didnt' act so cocky I wouldn't have a problem w/ him being on it, but he acts like he has every right to be there that he is on the same playing field w/ everyone else and he isn't. enough venting it is only a show (I love this show and i love Phil)

MamaFairal
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
i was sooo bummed to see B & G(the bros) go last night :(

Now i am really rooting for the under dogs.........Gretchen & Meredith!
I wanna see an older couple win it and they have proved they have the nads to keep in the game no matter what...go Gretchen & Meredith :D

suzski
04-08-2005, 08:03 AM
I really liked the brothers although they made silly mistakes throughout the race that I thought would get them in the end (and did, unfortunately). I really believe that Rob and Amber will NOT win, and that Joyce and Uchenna will....they have a valid need for that money, and are a wonderful couple to watch....as are Gretchen and Meredith. They are enjoying the race for the race's sake, as did the "B"ee"G"ee's, and I would be thrilled to see either one of those 2 teams win. Romber, now, they just need to go. They've got more money than they need, have now won an additional 3 vacations, and will get an all-expenses paid TV wedding and honeymoon as well. ENOUGH, already! Hopefully they'll get burned in the worst way by the other teams, and we can all sit back and enjoy it!

Steena
04-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Seems as though they are changing the format for this leg of the race. R&A thought that had won it, but apparently not. Does anyone think that this may have been done when a team dominates the race, like R&A have lately? Wonder if there will be something to enable the other teams to catch up.

suzski
04-14-2005, 04:59 AM
I don't think it is because of Rob and Amber that they're mixing things up. If you recall, last year there were a couple teams that were always on top as well. I just think they're shaking things up to keep it fresh and keep TAR fans guessing. There are HUGE reality fan forums devoted to TAR with fans who have been watching since TAR 1. To see the unexpected changes (i.e., losing money and all possessions but the clothes on your back on a NEL) keeps fans from getting complacent (and bored).

halvarado
04-14-2005, 06:01 PM
and i think that it keeps it mixed up for the contestants to. i mean, if the ppl that watch the show a lot think they have it figured out, they may have an "edge" i guess. so if they keep it different then everyone is shocked LOL

buttrfli
04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
UGH UGH UGH!!! I am going to save the reason why I missed A& tonight for the V/W forum LOL

Who shaved their heads?
Who was 1st?
Who was eliminated???

TIA! :)

ladybugva
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Uchenna and Joyce or I guess just Joyce shaved her head. B/c of the FF they were first.
Ron and Kelly 2nd
Rob and Amber a close 3rd
Meredith and Gretchen 4th
and Lynn and Alex were last mostly b/c their taxi went to the wrong palace and were sent home

buttrfli
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
thanks ladybug!!! :D

suzski
04-20-2005, 04:34 AM
It was a bummer to see Lynn and Alex go. They provided alot of humor to the race. However, Uchenna and Joyce in the FF made me cry. For a couple that didn't know if they were going to stay together when the race first started.....now they are an example of a supportive, loving couple. I loved them before, but now are rooting 150% for them... I like Meredith and Gretchen as well, but don't see them being able to pull this out. They've caught lucky breaks that kept them in the race, but they are just not physically equipped to deal with a race this demanding...but they do show that the "when there's a will, there's a way" adage rings true.

Lets just get Ron and Amber out of this thing!

Kelsey1224
04-20-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm actually rooting for Rob and Amber...although scoops say they don't win. I will say that when other couple trash each other...Rob has been nothing but sweet and kind to Amber. And her indecisiveness must get annoying at times. I wasn't a fan of either one of them in Survivor...but I think they truly love each other and are nice people.

Uchenna and Joyce really make me want them to win as well. Her willingness to shave her head...even though it obviously broke her heart...showed what a great competitor she is!! I thought she look absolutely beautiful bald. And Uchenna was so encouraging.

Ron and Kelly annoy me. They are not kind to one another and I hate that.

I was cheering for Meredith and Gretchen and I'm glad they got as far as they did. But last night was the last draw. I just can't take much more of Gretchen's whining.

"They had a bad elephant...a bad camel..." To hear her talk they have gotten nothing but bad breaks. She doesn't realize the good breaks she has gotten...or at least she doesn't appreciate them! Bad elephant...why in the world did she climb up on it and add her weight to the task. And as for bad camel...did she see the struggles others were having with their camels? I thought Rob and Amber were going to lose for sure because of that.

I would be happy if either Rob/Amber or Uchenna/Joyce were the final winners!!!

Steena
04-20-2005, 06:59 AM
I was shocked to see Joyce go through with the shaving. She had long beautiful hair and it will take years to grow back. She really wants to win! Don't you think that they deserved a prize for being first, like one of those fabulous trips? C'mon, she shaved her head!!!! why wouldn't they save one of the fabulous prizes (like two brand new cars won earlier) for the leg of the race where they had to do something drastic, like shave your head?

The way it looks now, it is going to be Rob & Amber or Ron & Kelly for the win. They are the most competitive. But as everybody knows, luck plays a huge role in this game.

ladybugva
04-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I was supprised to see that Uchenna and Joyce didn't win something for being first it seemed like every one else did when them came in first. He was so good to her while she went though that.
Although Rob has done a few things that were wrong (taking the taxi, and not stopping for the brother wreck) there were plenty of other things that the other competetors didn't like that wern't wrong. It's a game. Nothing wrong w/ getting people to ride along to help or asking questions about which bus is faster and such, just b/c they didn't think of it first.
I am proud of Gretchen and Meredith that they have gone this far, it seems like mostly luck, but her whining iw really annoying, don't think I can handle them much more.

suzski
04-20-2005, 10:41 AM
"Its not about the destination...it's about the journey" seems be something that Rob and Amber do not understand and that is one of the reasons that I don't like them. The Amazing Race is an incredible journey, and if you're only focused on the destination at the end it takes away the experience, don't ya think? The other is that they show no compassion for anyone else. So they love each other. They obviously love (or respect) no one else. Rob, especially, comes across as the guy who, having a generator in his own home, would keep the neighbors out while he sat in his cool house eating his refrigerated food. He hasn't done anything during this race to dissuade me that I'm wrong in this feeling.

halvarado
04-20-2005, 11:48 AM
i didn't like rob at all during survivor, but i think that he is just really in the game. i don't think there is anything wrong with being competitive and wanting to win. i actually like him and amber this time. i think that they are good together. i
DO think he should have stopped to check on the brothers, but that is the only thing i saw him do wrong this game. i think ppl are being really critical of them b/c they won last time on survivor.
i do agree that you should enjoy the journey. but this is a game based on speed. and i think that would make it hard.

dcut4
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't blame Rob and Amber for not slowing down when the brothers got in the wreck. One thing we didn't see was all the camera men standing around and obviously all that could be done was being done, You don't know if one of the producers or cameramen waved them on or what. Kind of like coming accross a wreck and sometimes when you know help is on the way its best to go on instead of stopping and being in the way. Yes they could have asked if everyone was OK but who knows that they didn't..the show is edited and they want them made out as bad guys. I personally hope they win. So far they have gotten along better than 99% of the others and you gotta admit Rob knows how to use the locals to his advantage.

mnvdriver
04-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Anyone want to know who the final 3 are???

sunflowers
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
who is it?

MamaFairal
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
i cried like a bay when Joyce shaved her head :(
She is so beautiful.....even bald!!

mnvdriver
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Not 100% positive though.

Rob&Amber get eliminated in 2 weeks. That's what a little birdie told me.

mnvdriver
04-20-2005, 05:34 PM
i cried like a bay when Joyce shaved her head :(
She is so beautiful.....even bald!!

I hope they win. ( they really want a baby )
Or Meredith and Gretchen.

sunflowers
04-21-2005, 03:59 AM
Rob and Amber were married this weekend! anybody else hear that?

mnvdriver
04-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Rob and Amber were married this weekend! anybody else hear that?

Yes.

http://primetimetv.about.com/b/a/163335.htm

Steena
04-23-2005, 07:56 AM
No, I did not know this!!!! I am assuming that the wedding was paid for by CBS and they also got a chunk of change. Is it coincidence at all they they got back into the limelight (with Amazing Race) in order to coincide with their wedding? As far as ARace, I do hope they make the final 3, but after that, it's time to go!

mnvdriver
04-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Nobody is getting eliminated this WEEK!
Each week after someone is eliminated the next morning for the Early Show the schedule will say AR7 team eliminated. Here is the list for the rest of the week.

Wednesday, 04/27: Selling Your Home | Men's Fashions
Thursday, 04/28: Rosie O'Donnell | Home Improvement with Danny Lipford
Friday, 04/29: Latest Survivor: Palau castoff | Jim Carrey

halvarado
04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
i really like all four final teams. i usually don't like at least one team by now, but so far they are all good. i would be happy with any of them winning. :D

CHERNL
04-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Ugh, Meredith and Gretchen have GOT TO GO!! I just want to smack her; all the whining she does. Maybe if she would just SHUT UP and stop all the 'Oh, poor us' I wouldn't want her to fall off something...

Steena
04-27-2005, 06:17 AM
The military couple.....for some reason their names escape me, were not eliminated, but had everything taken away. It is going to be a tough task to keep movin ahead, but they can do it. I was happy to see them win the big prize. If the rumor is true with above poster, Rob&Amber may be eliminated next episode? If so, they must encounter unfortunate events out of their control. I agree, that Gretchen is whiney and everytime she is doing a task, she is constantly whining about it, whether she realizes it or not. I do give them credit for hanging in there, though.

buttrfli
04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
No, I did not know this!!!! I am assuming that the wedding was paid for by CBS and they also got a chunk of change. Is it coincidence at all they they got back into the limelight (with Amazing Race) in order to coincide with their wedding? As far as ARace, I do hope they make the final 3, but after that, it's time to go!

I saw an advertisement last week for their wedding on CBS. It was "Rob and Amber get Married" or something like that... I didn't pay that much attention to it, but I know they are having a show about the wedding.

ladybugva
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Ugh, Meredith and Gretchen have GOT TO GO!! all the whining she does. Maybe if she would just SHUT UP and stop all the 'Oh, poor us'

I give them credit that they have made it this far but it seems to be mostly from lucky breaks or from peole that feel sorry for them and help them. Like the previews for next week show Uchenna helping them in a task. But yet every time they are in a task she just wines the whole time.

Will be interest to see how this weeks couple fairs w/o any thing, they already seem to be on a rocky path with each other it might hurt them.

MamaFairal
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
i could not believe the gonads on that woman climbing and repelling that wall at her age...you go girl!! She just does not give up!

I want Meredith and Gretchen to win :D:D:D

Steena
04-28-2005, 06:16 AM
You're right! Every week I think that Meredith and Gretchen are way too slow, they'll be eliminated this week. But somehow, they pull it off! Like above poster mentioned, they have gotten lucky breaks. Physically, they are not that strong. IF R&A are eliminated next week, they must have some horrible series of events that knock them out. I cannot imagine Ron & Kelly beating them when they have been stripped of everything. And, of course, I always thing that Meredith and Gretchen are too slow to beat anyone!

Kelsey1224
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Spoiler alert:

From what I understand...tonight the yield is used on Rob and Amber and they come in last...thus being eliminated...

I guess I will have to hope Uchenna and Joyce now win.

Airbuswife
05-03-2005, 02:55 PM
almost from the beginning i've been rooting for Uchenna and Joyce, and since she actually had the "nads" to shave her head, i REALLY want them to win !!!

Airbuswife
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
DARNIT!! The spoiler from above is wrong!!! :mad:

i was hoping r&a would be out....

MamaFairal
05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
ahh man i cried like a baby when the team got booted tonight..yes i'll spoil it.......my Gretchen & Meredith are heading home....

Looks like R&A are still in it and getting "help" all the way(unfair to me)....jmo

Now i hope Uchenna & joyce get it since she has "nads" too.....lol

Anthill
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't get it, do they have something against Joyce and Euchenia (sp)??? It seems that the three times that they have come in first they did not win a prize, but each time that Rob and Amber come in first they WIN something. How can this be???? It doesn't make any sense to me. I know why they didn't win one on the Fast forward leg, and the Gnome one, but the first time they came in first was a legitimate time and they should have won a trip or something. I don't understand it, am I the only one that thinks something is up w/ that? And as for R&A, I do think that it is unfair, and that they do have an advantage over the other teams. If R&Am had not been on Survivor, these people might not have been so helpful, but because they are "Famous", they are getting help. And again, they come in first tonight and get a prize. I also heard that not only did she get a million from Survivor, but that CBS also paid them money to air their Wedding, and if they (God forbid) win AR, that is another Million dollars. Again, I will say this, I do not think that they should have been allowed on the AR, unless their were other people in the same group, like other Survivor couples, Big brother people, etc. this is my opinion only :mad:

Steena
05-04-2005, 05:25 AM
I guess the spoiler was wrong! I really thought that lastnight was the night that R&A were going home. when they were looking at taking the connecting flight out of Germany, I thought for sure that there was going to be a huge delay, thus putting them way behind the others. But that did not happen. That move put them and Ron&Kelly way ahead of the others. I also agree that the teams should get no help from the locals. How many times now have R&A enlisted a guide to tag along? That is not right! I think it's great that they have made the final three (with a ton of help), but I do not want them to win. They can retire from CBS providing their nest egg.... they absolutley do not need this money, nor do they deserve the money. I can handle either of the other two teams winning, but not Rob & Amber.

Kelsey1224
05-04-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm so glad I was wrong!!! I'm rooting for Rob and Amber. Admittedly, I don't think it is fair that their "celebrity" gets them help, I see nothing wrong with enlisting a guide or assistance from locals. Other's have done it in prior races and teams should take a lead from that.

These people are being followed around by cameras. How hard would it be to ask someone to be your guide? I bet people would jump at the chance because they know they would be on television.

Steena
05-04-2005, 08:45 AM
I will agree that rob&Amber are a team of action. I should say primarily Rob is. Checking internet for more flights is something any of the teams could do, but Rob and Amber were the only ones that did this. Ron&Kelly just happened to see another flight on an overhead screen. Many episodes ago, Rob&Amber and another team were passengers in a truck that broke down and he jumped out and helped fixed the truck. In another episode, didn't he get out of their cab and push a stalled car out of the way? His greatest success is making things happen, and that is the secret of their longevity. I still do not want them to win though. :p

I think that R&A have won more trips and prizes than any other team ever. Haven't they won something 4 or 5 times? uchenna and Joyce were most deserving of a grand first place prize. I have no idea why they were not granted one, since another team did a fast forward (the bickering one) and each won a car!!! I'm rooting for Uchenna and Joyce since they have the best attitude.

halvarado
05-04-2005, 11:41 AM
i have to say i am tired of hearing whining about rob and amber. as the above poster mentioned, he isn't doing anything that any of those teams can't do. and seriously, some of the countries they are in, those ppl don't know who the heck rob and amber are, they are following the cameras. any team could get that. AND no matter what you say, those two have gotten along better than any team in this whole season. he has not been rude to her at all. he is in a race against the other teams and he is being competitive, but he truly respects amber and that is so much better than the way the other teams have treated each other. except for uchenna and joyce. they are awesome, too. they love and respect each other as well. either one of those two can win and i will be thrilled.

i have noticed that not every first place team wins a prize, but i had not noticed that three times it was uchenna and joyce. that does seem odd. i am sure that it is *predetermined* like everything else is, though.

cathych
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
so what if Rob & Amber are trying to win. Isn't that the object of the game? Rob looks like he would try his hardest at just about anything he did. I think Amber follows him because she loves him.

ladybugva
05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't see any thing wrong what R/A are doing. As far as I know no one ever said that there was no getting locals to help. Others often ask questions but no one says, hay want to join us? I have noticed that U/J havn't won any thing, as have others in first,wonder if they are pre set the a above poster noted. I am rooting for them or R/A but ready for R/K to be done, looks like after this their relationship is done. That was apretty nasty thing to say that he was a POW just to get out of the Army, does she really think that he chose that?

Tasha405
05-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I hope Rob & Amber win. I don't care if they have money or have been on different shows before. They are all there to play the game and win in the end. Just because they were on a show doesn't make the missions any easier because they still have to do what the mission says, just like everyone else.

Steena
05-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I will admit that I have enjoyed watching Rob & Amber on Amazing Race. They are very good competitors and genuinely get along. And Rob is very slick, but that's how a ruthless player plays (and wins). I just look at them and think that they already have everything and really do not need the money. They both are incredibly slick in how they got back in the limlight with AR and then just happened to schedule their celebrity wedding right around the time of the finale. These two will go down in history as the most famous reality series couple. What do you want to bet that they will land some sort of series on tv? Like Nick & Jessica, couldn't you just see them in their own newlywed reality tv program? More important than the money (which they already have) they have fame, and will make a living off that in the future.

Still rooting for another team, hopefully Uchenna&Joyce, but I like watching rob&Amber!

suzski
05-09-2005, 06:44 AM
It would be interesting to see how Rob and Amber would have fared had they not already been made famous. There have been MANY times that their fame has given them an edge. I STILL wouldn't have cared for them (Rob lacks a proper sense of humanity, imo), but at least then they would be on the same playing field as the other contestants.

mnvdriver
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry about the spoiler being wrong.I was going by what I was told by someone who saw 2 of the teams ( and thought they saw a 3rd ) at an airport that will be seen on tomorrows episode. It's an area part of the US owns but isn't a state ( and yes I know there is more than 1 land owned by the US but not a state )

Steena
05-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Glad your spoiler was wrong. I really do not like to know the outcome of something.....would rather experience it for myself. The finale tomorrow night should be great~~can't wait. Amazing Race 5 (last Sept) was when I first started watching and I like it better than any of the reality shows.

MamaFairal
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
i started watching AR after the second season and i am hooked on this more than any other reality show :)

AR rocks!!!

MamaFairal
05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
YES YES YES Uechenna and Joyce won :D

*I think they should take all the previous winners of AR and make them race against each other for another million :)

Steena
05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh yes.....what a finish!!!! Uchenna and Joyce did deserve to win and I was rooting for them the whole way. Now, if they did not get on that last flight when they did, there would be absolutely no race to the finish. Is it possible that the pilot was tipped off about a AR team that NEEDS to get on that flight, otherwise Rob and Amber would have won this thing hours ahead of the rest of them. I really loved the suspense in Uchenna & Joyce having to beg for cab money before they could have gone to the finish. I wonder how Rob would have handled that same situation? I don't think he would have squared things off with the cab driver, but who knows. Great episode!

When does the next season start?

halvarado
05-11-2005, 04:48 AM
i thought it was great that he gave the guy the money, but if it was for a million dollars, i probably would have run in, won the race, THEN come back and begged ;) LOL i was kind of sad that rob and amber didn't win, but i really like uchenna and joyce too. i can't believe she shaved her head! (did you notice they only had like a 12 minute lead when she did that????) anyway, i think it turned out great and i agree, if they hadn't gotten on the plane, there would have been no *race* at all.

MamaFairal
05-11-2005, 05:12 AM
i know if it were me i would have had the taxi driver run to the finish line with me :)

buttrfli
05-11-2005, 05:20 AM
i know if it were me i would have had the taxi driver run to the finish line with me :)

LOL!!

Is there a rule that they can't tell people (cab dirver) that they will pay them back or do they have to pay before continuing?

I would think they would have to pay first or else I would have told that driver I'd give him $1000 just to let me go lol

ladybugva
05-11-2005, 05:21 AM
It was a definate nail bitter of a win. I was happy for U/J, but how did they get on that flight? I mean had to be something b/c they would never re open a door for just any one. That is what gave them the win.
Uchenna made me cry when he said how proud he was to be Joyce's husband. It was worded so sweetly. Looks like the race helped their relationship but it doesn't look very good for Ron and Kelly

suzski
05-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Looks like the race helped their relationship but it doesn't look very good for Ron and Kelly

I read another forum that said Ron and Kelly had broken up after the Race...which is a good thing because they have too many issues as a couple.

I thought I would have a heart attack watching Joyce/Uchenna beg for the rest of their cab fare. I KNOW that Rob/Amber would not have done the same thing. Although they were killing me, Joyce/Uchenna showed an amazing level of personal integrity in doing what they did to make sure that the cabbie got his due. They are an amazing couple who will make amazing parents. And in the end, the good guys finish FIRST! :) :)

Steena
05-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I really think there are rules in place about not mentioning that they are on the "Amazing Race" and they lost all their money due to non-elimination, and they're trying to win a million dollars,etc. When teams beg for money, the most they have ever said was that we are in a race, that's it. Also, I think there are rules about paying your cabbie in full before moving on, otherwise they could have said something like, "We're going to win a million dollars and we'll give you $10,000 if you just let us go". There must be something about all traveling debts paid in full, otherwise other teams could argue that issue.

Also, I wonder if part of the finale is manipulated since it would not have been suspensful at all if U&J did not get on that flight. Those of you that have watched all the series, is it always a footrace to the end in the finale?

I saw all three teams on the Early Show, and Ron and Kelly said that they were just friends now. Rob and Amber were asked if there is another reality show in their future, and Rob grinned and said "Stay tuned". I know their wedding is coming up, but I have a feeling that something else is too. U&J mentioned using some of the money for trying to conceive a baby or adoption.

Do we have to wait until September for the next Amazing Race? I think the next one is featuring families with kids racing against each other.

Kelsey1224
05-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Great finish to a great season!!! What a suspenseful finish. Although I have been rooting for Rob and Amber...I was just as happy to see Uchenna/Joyce win. They played a very honorable game.

Rob and Amber should be proud of how they finished. Second is nothing to sneeze about...although you don't get any money. They definitely played the game and strategized better than anyone!

I'm normally in bed by 10:00 (I get up at 4:30 am)...but hubby and I couldn't miss the ending.

I hope Uchenna and Joyce get their baby...they certainly deserve it. And I hope Rob and Amber have a wonderful life together. It is obvious that they are devoted to each other.

Ron and Kelly just need to reevaluate their lives and get a reality check. I'm glad they aren't together anymore...they were just toxic together.

MamaFairal
05-14-2005, 06:41 AM
i would never have forgiven Ron if he stayed with Kelly after the comment she made about him "getting out of the Army" For gods sake he was a prisoner of war...he didnt plan to be captured and tortured.
Those two just were not a good couple :(