PDA

View Full Version : question for denture wearer's

kmtsn
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
hell o i just got my dentures about 6 months ago i wear them when im leaving the house but here at home i take them out and it seems like when i dont wear them there is sooooooooooo much alavia in my mouth im always swallowing the dentist said this is normal i just dont notice it when im wearing the dentures

Tadbit
02-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Well I wear my dentures all the time, except for at night while they are being cleaned. I have just the opposite problem. My dentures cause my mouth to dry out a lot, so I'm constantly drinking something. Just a suggestion, you may want to wear your dentures more often as not wearing them, can cause your skin or face to sag faster. This is what my dentist told me, so I keep them in as much as possible.

buttrfli
02-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I haven't even noticed LOL

I don't wear mine at home either. It could be that your gums are still healing or that your mouth isn't quite used to the dentures just yet and you notice more saliva when they are out.

If it continues to be bothersome, you might ask your dentist and see if there is any cause for it :) Good luck!

MamaFairal
02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
well at least you wear yours..............me & buttrfli dont :D

callsheb
02-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I to wear mine all the time except at night and then i always keep my top in i have a bad case of gag reflex and if i take the top out anytime at all i gag putting them back in but i did notice when i have them in my mouth is so dry i always have to carry something to drink around with me i hate to see what it will be like this summer. I have only had mine since Nov-2004