PDA

View Full Version : Free Cycle is great.

buglebe
02-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Free cycle is great. If you haven't checked into it in your neighborhood, please do. Sure as with everything there are some who just want stuff to sell on ebay. But I just got rid of a large igloo doghouse that had just turned into an eye sore in our back yard. The dog who got it "Honey" is going to get to continue living with his little boy owner now who has had to move in with his grandmother, who is allergic to dog fur. That makes several happy campers
The nicest thing is that people will come pick the stuff up.

nanajoanie
02-13-2005, 02:05 PM
One of my daughters has used this for quite awhile. She gets stuff and gives stuff. Good way to clean out your closets or whatever. She has gotten a couple of sofas and some other stuff. It works when everyone contributes something also as well as receiving. Great idea whoever came up with this concept :) :cool:

MusicfanAnnie
02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Is there a link for the Free Cycle??

nanajoanie
02-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Is there a link for the Free Cycle??

I think it's just www.freecycle.com and then you put in your state and then your city. It will come up with the closest to you, usually well within 30 miles. Good luck. :)

diana_circe
02-16-2005, 07:15 PM
www.freecycle.org if typing in .com doesn't work. I own the group in my area and I think its a great thing. Last summer our gas range quir qorking and I got a nearly new gas range with all the bells and whistles, including a self cleaning over!!

And it is an excellent way to find new homes for those things you just can't use anymore.

twinkiesmom
02-16-2005, 07:28 PM
My dh is cleaning out the basement and just put out a 12" boys bike.