PDA

View Full Version : Advice on sensitive problem..

catdance
02-12-2005, 01:55 PM
On was coming down my stairs last summer hard wood stairs, and my attic where my computer was that room was so..HOT, I was dripping in SWEAT..and finally took enough clothes off to my undies and a tank top, I was paying bills, online and so I went down 17 stairs, and in that process I feel on my HIENIE, really 135 pound's SQUARE on one Cheek, the pain was insane, I did see the Dr, but I have a DENT there and IT HURTS to this day, I did see a General Surgeon, he said no surgery, I just saw my OB/GYN, and this is the first I heard this is NEVER gonna heal, you NEED PLASTIC SURGERY, and I am not so VAIN, bit kinda..NO ONE EVER SAID up to now it wasn't gonna be the same or close to it..I used to weigh 175 pounds, 5'5. I used to never work my body out, I used to never dream of running 10(k)'s, I used to never think I need to work out, this I have found since I can't run anymore, like I used too..I am depressed.. I did have big plans to run the Susan G ... I did last year, such a FUN run versues timing runs.. now I can't even think of running more than a mile, without any speed, or good feeling..walking around the "Y" makes me sadder now than ever..and my body at 40 is starting to sag..5 months no good workout in, weights, yes, but cardio..NO..even lifting with weight's involves my heinie..and I am seeing my regular Dr., who should have told me this from the get GO, I was never gonna be the same..and I admit part of this is vaniety, mostly I am in pain, I limp when I get tired, I rarely work out, it hurts and my heinie is so there either in my running clothes or the simple FACT, it hurts and then I limp more, and here is the point, this is the ONLY THING I LIKE to do everyday..well, not Sundays..looking for advice how to tell the Dr., I am for real, this has got to change, I need the surgery, I think the scar tissue has got to have grown into the muscle..something has happened..something not nice, I worked too long to be healthy for this..OR do I keep seeing him until he GIVES on it..If I can't be in the gym 5 days a week I just think I am gonna get really fat and drunk and QUIT..I used to do just that.. and if they say "NO"..I am not sure I wanna live much anymore, this is serious..I know the HMO doesn't wanna pay it, but jeez..take away the only thing I really like???don't say bike or a cross trainer, it involves my tussie as well, just sitting on the bus hurts..WWAAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help me tell the Dr., this is so serious, it really balances my life not to be able to run or sit, or feel OK about this..Help....and really MENSA flames are not needed, Sunday is a day for MENSA..

ezmoney163
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
On was coming down my stairs last summer hard wood stairs, and my attic where my computer was that room was so..HOT, I was dripping in SWEAT..and finally took enough clothes off to my undies and a tank top, I was paying bills, online and so I went down 17 stairs, and in that process I feel on my HIENIE, really 135 pound's SQUARE on one Cheek, the pain was insane, I did see the Dr, but I have a DENT there and IT HURTS to this day, I did see a General Surgeon, he said no surgery, I just saw my OB/GYN, and this is the first I heard this is NEVER gonna heal, you NEED PLASTIC SURGERY, and I am not so VAIN, bit kinda..NO ONE EVER SAID up to now it wasn't gonna be the same or close to it..I used to weigh 175 pounds, 5'5. I used to never work my body out, I used to never dream of running 10(k)'s, I used to never think I need to work out, this I have found since I can't run anymore, like I used too..I am depressed.. I did have big plans to run the Susan G ... I did last year, such a FUN run versues timing runs.. now I can't even think of running more than a mile, without any speed, or good feeling..walking around the "Y" makes me sadder now than ever..and my body at 40 is starting to sag..5 months no good workout in, weights, yes, but cardio..NO..even lifting with weight's involves my heinie..and I am seeing my regular Dr., who should have told me this from the get GO, I was never gonna be the same..and I admit part of this is vaniety, mostly I am in pain, I limp when I get tired, I rarely work out, it hurts and my heinie is so there either in my running clothes or the simple FACT, it hurts and then I limp more, and here is the point, this is the ONLY THING I LIKE to do everyday..well, not Sundays..looking for advice how to tell the Dr., I am for real, this has got to change, I need the surgery, I think the scar tissue has got to have grown into the muscle..something has happened..something not nice, I worked too long to be healthy for this..OR do I keep seeing him until he GIVES on it..If I can't be in the gym 5 days a week I just think I am gonna get really fat and drunk and QUIT..I used to do just that.. and if they say "NO"..I am not sure I wanna live much anymore, this is serious..I know the HMO doesn't wanna pay it, but jeez..take away the only thing I really like???don't say bike or a cross trainer, it involves my tussie as well, just sitting on the bus hurts..WWAAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help me tell the Dr., this is so serious, it really balances my life not to be able to run or sit, or feel OK about this..Help....and really MENSA flames are not needed, Sunday is a day for MENSA..

I am confused, ss for what ever the problem is. Hope it works out!! :confused:

Katt
02-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm confused as well. Plastic surgery isn't going to do anything for the pain, if that's the problem. ???

andreame70
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
From the best I can tell, it seems as though she fell down 17 hardwood steps onto her butt. Is this correct cat? If so, OUCH!

Is it a bad muscle spasm? What are the doctors calling it?

I had an accident years ago and ended up with a terrible muscle spasm in my left butt cheek. I remember it very well and it is no fun at all! It hurts like hell and there isn't much you can do about it. Not to mention the embarrassment of having to go to physical therapy to get a butt massage (although one of the therapists was cute) anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

Andrea

catdance
02-12-2005, 03:36 PM
there is the weird why I think so badly.. and really smart as well.when I did fall, I hit my heinie, really badly can anyone think FREAKSHOW, my bottom is just that, I have a huge DENT..I write as I think..my heinie has a very serious dent in it, make no mistake, I have worked too long to get my life right..FOR me, working out is just that..if I don't have this option, I think I cease..I never mean to be this abstract..so here FACT, I fell down some stairs..FACT. it was wild painful..FACT I have a hemotoma, this is not correct at this point, the blood has absorbed, the dent is really there.. And what I know that has and will cause this pain is the tissue of the very serious dent has grown into my muscle,scar type..and No one but my OB/GYN ever said this was gonna remain, so I am seeing my Dr., to discuss my issue..I need help, or maybe just writing explains it all..
I want to get this fixed, not married..no one to say.."this is ok"..just me..and if anyone saw this mess, I swear you would agree..SWEAR it..
No more, writing on this, When I get back on Tuesday, will post what is next..
Many thanks..

Katt
02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
The dent is because the trauma of falling on it, caused the muscle to necrose. It's dead. The dent will be there forever. BUT, plastic surgery will not help the pain, that is what I don't understand. They may put an implant in to make it look normal, but that's not going to fix the pain. THAT is what I was confused about. I could make out what you were saying, I just didn't understand why you were worried about plastic surgery if the pain is that bad. You probably messed up a nerve in there. THAT, they may be able to fix, but it's not going to be a plastic surgeon who does it.

catdance
02-12-2005, 04:03 PM
thanks KATT, my fave MOD, No one ever said the muscle and nerves are dead..be me, and I have taken a minute for a research...DANG it all, the plastic will provide a better looking thing going, but quite sure on the links the scar has issued itself on the muscle..KATT, can we get SPELL CHECK..ever...I am sure I can get the surgery..I have a bit going..but my thing is NO ONE told me this, except the OB/GYN and she is great...I have to have a mammogram. and when she that ..she was LIKE we are gonna fix it..we will..and my point has been I can't run, can't do alot..her response..well your heinie might look better, but more, the scar tissue is growing into the muscles..and that is about it all. and many thanks, I think I have it right and have the cash if needed..heck my heinie in this side is DEAD, many thanks, it makes sense..WWAAAHHAA!

kelly12569
02-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Im still kinda confused. Although as far as the pain, I know exactly how you feel. When I was pregnant with my last child who is now 9 1/2, I fell down our porch steps and hurt my tailbone. I still have occasional pain from it but nothing they can do for it.

I cant imagine a dent in my butt cheek big enough for anyone to notice. But then again, I have a BIG butt....LOL I hope you get what you want/need from your dr's appt. But I agree with Katt, the surgery will just make a difference in the appearance, not the pain. :(

latestdish
02-12-2005, 04:42 PM
This is said with high respect, love, and compassion, so please do not take it as a flame. I know you have been through a lot, more than physically falling down the stairs. You have also been through the pain of physical battery, according to another post, by another jerk. Have you considered 1) getting another doctor's opinion 2) asking for some ex-rays to make sure there is not more damage than the eye can see 3) seeking one or more therapists for the following A) physical therapy 2) Again, this is *not* meant as a flame, but seeking the services of a physical trainer at the gym, who work as a motivator for the injured? I used to run myself, and am ashamed to say I quit for a few years. I physically started to hurt, and now weigh over 140 lbs. (I know, shame on me. Slowly losing weight, doing more walking, etc, taking better care of myself in other ways.) You are more than welcome to e-mail me privately, I will be happy to listen anytime. *hugs* -Joy

buttrfli
02-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I have no idea what the question was... but I am just curious as to what MENSA has to do w/ you falling down the stairs?? :confused:

evrita
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok I am confused but here ya go you can see a chiropractoor about your butt your tailbone might be out of whack. I have fallen more times then I care to count it isnt fun but the only time my OBGYN said anything about my tailbone was it getting cracked while giving birth.

I hope you find relife to your pain but keep in mind here when you start to mess around with muscle and tissue you can do more damage then what you started out with. I am talking from experience.

I had surgery over a year ago on my knee and they had to do alot of work and I now dont have nay feeling on the side of my leg.

barbaric
02-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I would like to know how can you dent your butt? Is it made out of tin foil?

cpbaby
02-13-2005, 10:09 AM
I have a dent in the SHIN if my left leg due to falling. Its very strange. Luckily it never hurts.........I hope things work out and you can get back to where you want to be.

catdance
02-13-2005, 11:02 AM
LOL..my butt isn't made of TIN FOIL..then it would be crinkled..I fell on hardwood steps, just one, the very egde of said stair got the girth of 132 pounds, all my weight, one edge is how you do that..it is a very serious dent and is painful, so painful, that using the toliet is hard enough..so back to the Dr., my parents are willing to pay if the HMO doesn't decide this is a worthy effort, so back to the Dr., and a referal, thanks to whoever mentioned that..it is a weird topic and a freakshow as well, the blood in the bruise has absorbed itself, I never thought I "couldn't heal this and never was told you are stuck with this either"..so <sigh>, back to the Dr., for some real questions answered and hopefully a way outta of this, I have pain, quite a bit, so I think someone is going to decide something, this can't just stay this way..even if I were married, and felt more secure, I would still fight for any treatment..I will be OK, my Dad is a retired surgeon, and when he saw my heinie, a 40 year old woman exposes her heinie to her DAD was quite enough there..he was SHOCKED, to say the least..and I was just humilated by it..so he say's we will get it DONE..I have a right to enjoy my body and part of that is having comfort..oh MENSA..yeah, I have been attacked on a VENT WHINE before on my teeth, and being part of MENSA, I should have known better, point was taken, I probably should have, but the teeth are going great, the Dentist, is cool..and I never put MENSA into basic thought, but I should, that link got locked, alot of attacks to me and very off the point of the matter.
thanks for all opinions..really, I am ready for the Dr., app't..

tiffya
02-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I have a dent in the SHIN if my left leg due to falling. Its very strange. Luckily it never hurts.........I hope things work out and you can get back to where you want to be.

The same thing happened to me. I fell down a huge flight of hardwood stairs with my newborn baby. I wrapped myself around him to try to protect him from the fall so my shin took all my weight. I have nerve damage in it and NO feeling in that part of my leg.

I was just glad my baby didn't get hurt. :( It was scary!

Trishntx
02-13-2005, 01:30 PM
I have a dent in my arm where I hit a doorknob really hard. I thought I had broken the bone, but Dr. said just bruised the heck out of it. It is a noticable dent.

Urban Cowgirl
02-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Not sure what your problem is either. But in 1995 I hurt my leg, really bad.....my upper leg was very black and blue and all caved in. Went to a doctor and they couldn't do anything either. I had very bad pain for about 5 or 6 years with that. I no longer have pain and my leg works fine .....but I guess there is some damage to the muscle....because there is still a big dip in my leg. Not the sexiest thing...but hey I'm married almost 10 years....he can like it or lump it!!! LOL

Urban Cowgirl
02-13-2005, 02:13 PM
If the pain is from muscle injury....not exercising is the worst thing you can do. When people have muscle injuries they should continue to exercise the muscle to help it heal. Now if its nerve damage (i have this in my spine due to a car accident I was in last June), it can take years to heal....nerve regeneration is an extremely slow process......and there are no guarantees thay the nerves will heal. But if it is the nerve there are drugs that are normally given to amputee patients for phantom pains.....that help people with nerve damage. I am not vain enough to have plastic surgery on my behind!!! If you cannot handle the pain you are going through now, why in the world would you want to add the pain of cosmetic surgery on top of it?? That really doesn't make sense to me.......also if you have some kind nerve damage its probably not a wise idea to let some beauty doctor mess around in there. Not sure if I answered any of your questions....your post are very difficult for me to read. Maybe if you slowed down and added some punctuation I could follow you a little better. Peace!

Willow
02-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't think I would go through any type of corrective or cosmetic surgery either. It's not like it's on your face where it's very visible. A dent in your butt is probably not something that is visible through your clothing. If you wanted to have a procedure done that would lessen the pain I could see that but I personally don't think I would go through surgery because of a dent in my butt. Who's going to see it?

bribella
02-13-2005, 02:38 PM
IMO, I would deal with the pain issues first and then if you are unhappy with the dent in your booty go see a plastic surgeon and see what they can do for you.
Good luck I hope you feel better soon.

barbaric
02-13-2005, 06:57 PM
True, tin foil may be crinkly. This sort of reminds me of the woman that got shot and it turned out to be a package of the pillsbury biscuits exploding. Is it dough thats there? I am still confused how a fatty mass like a butt can get a dent unless its Cellulite. You dont have several dents? That may be the cause. If not I hope you feel better soon.

Willow
02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
True, tin foil may be crinkly. This sort of reminds me of the woman that got shot and it turned out to be a package of the pillsbury biscuits exploding. Is it dough thats there? I am still confused how a fatty mass like a butt can get a dent unless its Cellulite. You dont have several dents? That may be the cause. If not I hope you feel better soon.

Actually the thing with the Pillsbury dough isn't true. Someone posted a link to the Snopes website a long time ago and it said that it was just a story that someone made up and it got passed around for years.

wndysfrnd
02-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Actually the thing with the Pillsbury dough isn't true. Someone posted a link to the Snopes website a long time ago and it said that it was just a story that someone made up and it got passed around for years.

It may not be true, but it is still hilarious.

YankeeMary
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Out of the kindness of my heart Cat I am gonna give you some heinie fat, it should make your operation cheaper, and trust me I won't miss it a bit..hehe..good luck. I think I would have the plastic surgery done also. The pain is gonna be there so it might as well look normal. Good luck on whatever you decide.

barbaric
02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I know its an urban legend but it tends to remind me of the OP, I wonder if she is orginator of it?

evrita
02-14-2005, 04:08 AM
OMG you guys are killing me. I will now have to check to see if i have any dents I have fallen so many times including on my elbow and there was all those times ice skating and oh yeah roller skating and missing a stair and going down 20

Are you going to get a J Lo butt?

Bud_Girl76
02-14-2005, 04:22 AM
I know its an urban legend but it tends to remind me of the OP, I wonder if she is orginator of it?

That was totally uncalled for :rolleyes:

Tisky67
02-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Out of the kindness of my heart Cat I am gonna give you some heinie fat, it should make your operation cheaper, and trust me I won't miss it a bit..hehe..good luck. I think I would have the plastic surgery done also. The pain is gonna be there so it might as well look normal. Good luck on whatever you decide.

i will also donate some fat from my heinie to lessen the cost of the operation !! (got plenty to spare)

My mom also has a dent in her backside from falling on the cement steps outside her home about 6 yrs ago. Her doctor told her to have colligen (sp?) injected to even out the dent. My dad jokes about it saying that it is the perfect cup holder when she is laying on her stomache.

YankeeMary
02-14-2005, 05:20 AM
i will also donate some fat from my heinie to lessen the cost of the operation !! (got plenty to spare)

My mom also has a dent in her backside from falling on the cement steps outside her home about 6 yrs ago. Her doctor told her to have colligen (sp?) injected to even out the dent. My dad jokes about it saying that it is the perfect cup holder when she is laying on her stomache.
Your daddy is to funny. HAHA.

sahmsfreeb
02-14-2005, 06:14 AM
i too have a dent in my left thigh from waking into a table( oh dont ask lol :rolleyes: :p ) i always thought it was wierd... it never hurt.. its like all the fat in my thigh where i banged it died....

its a wierd lunp... i notice it.. dh doesnt...

bu ti thought i was the only person who had this happen... weird...

catdance
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
it seems to me Vent and Whine is for this reason, it isn't that I am really asking a question, advice on a senistive issue, it is to me, I didn't think the attack was kind..sshhheeshh..I fell and totally hurt my heinie, so much that I probably do have nerve damage and the dent is very, very real..and it scares me, the pain does, and the dent is very obvious, in jeans and any dress I wear, I am small, and in sweats and yoga pants, don't even ask..I didn't mean to get offened by a poster, but I am..I am saying that here..this is serious to me, and I am frustrated by the process, and as posted by others "dents" can happen and has to me..I thank the kind writers and alot of good advice I did get, I see my Dr., tommorow and can afford the plastic if needed..I deserve to feel good about me both physically and mentally..and I will..I don't think I wanna really post at this forum..where it be my style of writing or anything else, seems too much for me..thanks however..I have a list of things to discuss with my Dr.

bribella
02-14-2005, 06:19 PM
(((hugs))) cat, I hope you feel better soon.