PDA

View Full Version : Police: Girl locked in room for over a year

Jolie Rouge
02-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Thursday, February 10, 2005

TUCSON, Arizona (AP) -- A man and his girlfriend were arrested for allegedly locking his 14-year-old daughter in a bedroom for more than a year, police said Wednesday.

The couple allegedly allowed the girl out of the room only for bathroom breaks and meager meals starting in November 2003, said Sgt. Kerry Fuller, a Tucson Police Department spokeswoman.

Detectives also found that the father sexually abused the girl for several years, Fuller said. The Associated Press is not naming the adults to protect the teen's identity.

The girl escaped Thursday from the home and called authorities, Fuller said.

Investigators determined that the girl -- described as 5 feet 6, weighing only 97 pounds and "significantly malnourished" -- was kept in a bedroom with its single window covered by a blanket, its door fastened by an outside lock.

Two daughters of the woman -- ages 8 and 10 -- also lived in the house but there were no indications they were abused, police said.

The couple was booked Tuesday into the Pima County Jail. The man, 35, was charged with child abuse, two counts of child molestation and six counts of sexual contact with a minor. The woman, 32, was charged with one count of child abuse.

Fuller said the girl may not have attended school since fourth grade.

All three girls were placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/10/girl.abuse.ap/index.html

Victorious
02-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Horrible! :mad:

delSol
02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
it is awful that anyone could do this cr@p and you hear of it s often...

firechick
02-10-2005, 09:39 AM
SICK SOB deserves to fry IMHO!! People like that are not wired right or something and should not be allowed to be free.
Kelly

buttrfli
02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
It people like this who want to make me get arrested so I can share a cell with them :mad:

sdb_ngc
02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
that's so sad - sounds similar to a book I just read - A Child Named It

perky308
02-10-2005, 10:11 AM
so awful i hope they the same kind of treatment they gave that poor girl

schsa
02-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Somehow, someone should have known that the child wasn't in school. It is amazing that she was able to escape after all this time. And she will be starting her life all over. As for her parents, why abuse one child and not all? What makes that child different or less valuable than the others? There should be the death penality for child abuse.

B4Kels
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
That is horrible. Some people in this world are just plain out sick.

JCshopper
02-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Neither one of them should ever have contact with any children ever again. Imagine what kind of warped, twisted ideas the other two children must have in their minds. They knew this girl was locked up in a room and never mentioned it to anyone. These "parents" have already destroyed the other two kids mentally and emotionally. And all the woman got charged with was one count of abuse?! They need to change the laws and find a way to punish these people more. And this woman's defense will probably be that he was abusive to her also... who cares, she had children to protect and she didn't. What is wrong with people?!!!!

Blondiex46
02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
OMG that poor girl.....

twinkiesmom
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Wish punishment could be what that girl had to deal w/for those years. That is just awful. Shame on ppl. How could anybody do that to their kid? Wth did she do to deserve that?

Bud_Girl76
02-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Neither one of them should ever have contact with any children ever again. Imagine what kind of warped, twisted ideas the other two children must have in their minds. They knew this girl was locked up in a room and never mentioned it to anyone. These "parents" have already destroyed the other two kids mentally and emotionally. And all the woman got charged with was one count of abuse?! They need to change the laws and find a way to punish these people more. And this woman's defense will probably be that he was abusive to her also... who cares, she had children to protect and she didn't. What is wrong with people?!!!!

ITA this system is so screwed up that they let the criminals get away with murder these day's..It's a sad world..

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-10-2005, 08:21 PM
OMG that poor girl.....

The other two girls as well :(

queenangie
02-10-2005, 08:41 PM
So sad for those 3 little girls. We'll have to pray for them. They must have terrible nightmares.

joni1269
02-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Somehow, someone should have known that the child wasn't in school. It is amazing that she was able to escape after all this time. And she will be starting her life all over. As for her parents, why abuse one child and not all? What makes that child different or less valuable than the others? There should be the death penality for child abuse.

ITA - the school should have noticed. DD has asthma and she is absent a lot. If she is out two days in a row, they are on my phone!

IMHO - the mother was probably jealous of the girl because of the sexual relationship between her and the father (In her warped mind it is the girl's fault - not her sicko hubby..) and the father went along with it because the girl couldn't tell on him if she is locked up.

Whatever punishment they get for this - is not enough. I feel bad for the other girls too - I hope they have a good grandmother or aunt to live with. They are all going to need counseling...