PDA

View Full Version : Deposition.... Question

tsquared
02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
What all is involved in a deposition?? anyone know?
Thank you

buglebe
02-08-2005, 09:10 PM
You have to go through the swearing in stuff and then you are asked detailed questions about what ever the incident is about. It is all recorded and typed up. What else is involved I don't know but if you are called to court to testify you will be given your typed up answers to the questions you answered earlier so you can remember what you said.

Aloha from paradise
02-08-2005, 09:15 PM
You meet with attorneys from both sides. They will ask you questions and I believe they call it discovery. Everything is recorded. Our attorney told us NOT to volunteer ANY information. Good luck.

catdance
02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
YEP, the 2 posters are correct, as stated this is a period of 'discovery", it can be a short process really and if you have valuable information, it is a very worthy thing..but it could drag on whatever the premises is..but I would have my FACTS straight..good luck "T" what 'cha do NOW??? :) !

buttrfli
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Last time I had to do one, my lawyer told me to only give "yes" or "no" answers.

nanajoanie
02-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Is this the thing that might cost you some coins that you mentioned in a post a few weeks ago? :eek: Good luck sweetie :)

tsquared
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Is this the thing that might cost you some coins that you mentioned in a post a few weeks ago? :eek: Good luck sweetie :)
Yea Nana it is.not looking forward to all the hassle, but i guess it has to be done. Not sure i like the idea of lawyers grilling me for information, but i have been questioned by them before so i will live through it one more time.
Thanks for all your answers they were appreciated bunches.

Trishntx
02-09-2005, 09:20 PM
My advice when in a deposition is that you be extremely careful of what you say. Your lawyer will definately tell you when and when not to answer before you go in. Be careful because this is the time when the opposing lawyers will fire questions at you that could really sink a case. It is recorded and just remember, once the words are said , they are there to haunt you. My sister was in a case that pertained to death of a child by a faulty lamp (caused fire). The opposing lawyers were so cold and bitter. They do not care or have the slightest sympathy. Yes and no answers would definately be your best bet. Her case was already 4 years old with tons of evidence, but it just so happens , what was said that day in the last called deposition, was what won her the case.

kelly12569
02-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Yea Nana it is.not looking forward to all the hassle, but i guess it has to be done. Not sure i like the idea of lawyers grilling me for information, but i have been questioned by them before so i will live through it one more time.
Thanks for all your answers they were appreciated bunches.

AH HA!! Now putting the two posts together.... this one and the one about where to go on a cruise! Planning a getaway????

LMAO Just teasing you T. Good Luck with whatever it is :)