PDA

View Full Version : A Cruise On The Water.Where Is The Best Place To Go

tsquared
02-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Where is the best place to go on an ocean cruise???? Been thinking of taking one for a long long time............where is the best place?

buglebe
02-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I think, Tom, it would depend on where you have been and what you have seen and what you are interested in. We have taken several cruises out of Ft Lauderdale and Miami and gone down to Key West, the Bahamas and to Mexico. There are so many good cruises out there to choose from. A fall cruise along the eastern coast of the US would be beautiful and you can find them. Then the cruises that take you to Alaska. But my dream cruise would be one that takes you around to the different islands of Hawaii. You go off the ship and visit the islands, then go back to the ship at night. Choose the best cruise line you can afford and you will be happy, probably no matter where you go. You could stay on the ship the entire time and be entertained.
And if you like to eat, then you have it all. Good luck and tell us about it.

roseanntx
02-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I would say the CARIBBEAN!

I don't have anything to compare it to. Around 15/16 yrs. ago I WON an all-inclusive cruise for 2. Included food,airfare & $500! Perfect timing-it was a very tough time in my life. That 7 day cruise revitalized me & inspired me!

The water was so BLUE-saphire blue. The air & ocean breezes just feel & smell soooo exotic & relaxing. AWESOME!

There are numerous activities available. Way too much to do! I just shopped & gambled a little & ATE-alot!

nanajoanie
02-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Anyplace on top of the water. Not a good time to go "under the sea" with Nemo. :D

I've had relatives and friends that have taken a cruise to the Carribian and loved it. Especially the ones that took the week or longer cruises. And the food onboard is to die for. But I don't think they have fried Cheetos :D

rlynn411
02-05-2005, 05:12 PM
I would chose the CARIBBEAN.

We took a cruise to the Bahamas, no one was all that impresed with being there. Ship was great though.

We go to the Caribbean every other year or so. Its beautiful there. We haven't taken a cruise there but have been to several islands there. DH boss owns a rental villa on St. John that we get to use. This is a small quiet island with great beaches and incredible snorkling. We ferry to St Thomas for shopping and more activities.

Willow
02-05-2005, 08:29 PM
My parents went on a cruise to Hawaii in 2003 and they loved it.

YankeeMary
02-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I have been down the Ohio River on the "Becky Thatcher"...been thinking about a cruise to the CARIBBEAN, maybe after our trip to Ireland.

kybeauty
02-06-2005, 07:25 AM
I WON a 15 day Circle Hawaii Cruise..the islands are beautiful..the food was great...the only downfall..the YOUNGEST person at my table was 86...:(..people kept asking me if I was on the wrong ship...I would go back in a heartbeat (on a different cruiseline)...

BigLyd1
02-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Yep, Caribbean is wonderful. Alaska is also nice but remember that even in June, the temperature is only about 40 degrees (heat wave for people up there). I've also been to Europe on a cruise... wouldn't recommend it because you don't get to stay very long at any of the stops. I think Holland America is the best. I've also been on Celebrity which is also really nice. Carnival cruise lines I heard is mainly a party line which I don't know if that's your thing. Also you may end up being the youngest one on board. Nothing wrong with that though.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

Faithfully
02-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Dh, and I have been talking about going on a cruise for our 20th anniversary.

I'm a little afraid of contacting that Norwalk stomach virus, that would be awful.

Also, do people get seasick on big ships?? I don't handle motion well, and I would hate to get seasick. Can you feel the boat moving.or rocking??

I'm not sure where would be fun to go,,,,hmmmmmm?

nanajoanie
02-06-2005, 09:58 AM
T is there a secret, surprise honeymoon involved here ;)

renagade
02-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Dh, and I have been talking about going on a cruise for our 20th anniversary.

I'm a little afraid of contacting that Norwalk stomach virus, that would be awful.

Also, do people get seasick on big ships?? I don't handle motion well, and I would hate to get seasick. Can you feel the boat moving.or rocking??

I'm not sure where would be fun to go,,,,hmmmmmm?

Hubbys sis took us to Mexico on a 3 day cruise.Wasn't bad considering I am afraid of boats.No you don't notice it moving unless they do a day at sea. Oh boy! that got me. His sis had to take pills she was so seasick.Didn't like the ship sitting still out at sea(it doesn't sit still) LOL

rlynn411
02-06-2005, 07:09 PM
When we took our cruise I didn't notice the motion all that much....unless you count the last night. Was beginning to think I had one daquari to much, until I noticed everyone was swaying as they walked. Last night was some rough waters.

BigLyd1
02-06-2005, 08:21 PM
If you tend to get seasick, there is one OTC med that I take that works great. I can't remember the name. It's not Dramamine but another one that you just take once a day. Never had a problem after that.

kelly12569
02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
hmmm No idea on where to tell you to take a cruise as I am totally afraid of getting in boats out in the water! LOL Even in my DH's bass boat I am still leary..... I know Im a big wuss but I have always been afraid of boats, lakes, etc. ever since a near drowning incodent in my aunts pool as a child. Not knowing how to swim also is a reason....and yes T, I still bathe regardless of my fear of water......LOL.... stopped ya on that one before you got the opportunity..... LMAO

Hope ya find somewhere fun and relaxing to go!

budlite
02-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Go to this site it is so helpful. Go the the forums and read read read. I learned a lot from this site.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/