PDA

View Full Version : Argh, X-husband's wife

Tulsa_para
02-04-2005, 04:44 PM
okay, I have never vented on here before, but I am trying to keep a strong front on and I need to vent SOMEWHERE! whew, here goes... might be long...

So my ex husband is married to one of my ex friends (lol, that is a vent in itself) No worries, I am happy and secure. We have a six year old son and until recently he has been a stable presence in his life ( I have been remarried for 3 years) Well this all changed in June. All of a sudden he disappeared. He wouldnt answer his telephone, wouldnt show up at son's games, wouldnt show up at our "kiddie exchange" which is an hour away from my home, etc. But he did finally show up/contact me once in September... I let him take our son for the weekend b/c my son was so excited to see him.Well, something just wasnt feeling right so out of desperation, I looked on Oklahoma's court website ( I am a paralegal) to see what, if anything was going on. Lo and behold I see that his wife had been arrested 2 weeks before for Grand Larceny (a felony) in the presence of her children. She was caught shoplifting $800 worth of merchandise from old navy by putting it in her 2 year old daughter's stroller... OMG! I told him that Jakob could not be at his house until this matter was resolved, especially since the children were involved and I was concerned about DHS, but he could call or come up here when ever he wanted. haha. We have not spoken to him or seen him since that weekend. He didnt even call on christmas. I found out from his mother who lives nearby and sees my son that they had been evicted and were now homeless. But what this vent is really about is that after everything that has happened his wife emailed my son pictures of THEM at christmas-laughing, opening presents, etc. OMG! The nerve! and then today I get papers in the mail that my ex has requested a modification of child support....argh...... okay, I already feel tons better just reading it back, thanks for reading (if you made it this far! lol)

Steena
02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh my, this sounds like a big mess. Sorry that you're having to deal with this craziness. The most important issue is your son being safe and feeling stable. It does not sound like your ex can provide that kind of environment. Is it possible to get supervised visitation only? I do feel bad for your boy and his feelings of abandonement by his dad. I hope his stepdad makes up for the many downfalls of his bio dad.

gal3m
02-04-2005, 05:20 PM
That takes some nerve sending those pics. Although, it sounds like she's a real classy lady to begin with. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you and your son have to put up with such crap. I understand where you are coming from. My ex-dh's wife is a real piece of work as well.

Tasha405
02-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Wow, he picked him a winner didn't he? lol What a mess. I hope everything works out ok. (((Hugs)))

buglebe
02-04-2005, 07:20 PM
maybe you could put a block on his mail so he wont get anything else from her, that must have hurt your child really bad, and she knew that when she sent them, why would any mother of a child herself want to hurt another child, especially the child of a man she is supposed to love. Have you told your ex about this?

queenangie
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh My Goodness. No advise. Just warm hugs for your dear son & for you too.
Keep on just being the good Mom that you are.

freeplease
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Do you still have the pics? I would take them to the judge hearing the modification case. If they have money for presents, looks like he has money for child support.

tracyb
02-04-2005, 08:26 PM
i gree with you!!!!

buglebe
02-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Do you still have the pics? I would take them to the judge hearing the modification case. If they have money for presents, looks like he has money for child support.

Wonderful idea!!

Tulsa_para
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
hmm, that is a GREAT idea. I also am wondering how they can afford their brand new digital camera.... when they are homeless!??? :confused:

Thanks for the hugs and ideas... I do feel better now, will have to update once the hearing is over-

Christina

mistressB
02-05-2005, 06:55 PM
his wife probably shoplifted that too

SmucknFart
02-06-2005, 09:39 AM
What a sad situation. But, at least here, it is the law---just as you could request a higher amount of child support if he got a better paying job, so can he ask to pay a lower amount if he has a lesser paying job.
It's a shame your child has to deal with this.

Blondiex46
02-06-2005, 03:47 PM
well I don't know what state you are in but if you have a visitation order just cause you said that he can't come and get them doesn't mean a thing, so he made a choice not to come. As far as the homeless thing, who knows whether his mother is telling the truth or not. Who even knows if the wife knows that you know anything, he may have not told her. She was arrested was she ever found guility of it, that may make a difference. If they had to hire an attorney and if she was found innocent then who knows what will happen. The problem with the whole thing is that if he ever sees/speaks with the kids he will tell them what you said and YOU will be the bad guy with them, even though you were trying to protect them.JMO

msmom79
02-06-2005, 05:06 PM
hugs to your son and you!! keep up the good work mom,your son will appreciate all you do for him! and thats really all that matters.