PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrr maybe i am just selfish

CatrinaF25
02-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok so my husband surpised me with a new laptop yesterday. I had been looking for one for about a year. he got me a gateway though. ugh but he did good. i think 3 yr warrenty and such.
Ok anyways. he made the announcement that it is MINE and noone touches it. we have a home computer others can get on if needed. SO I wake up( I am still sick and had not even taken the laptop out of the box!) I wake up and Steve( a family friend ) is playing on my new laptop! downloaded a game to it! i Am sorry but i am pissed! and hurt!:( this person KNOWS noone was to touch it he was here when husband said so!. So When i wake up I ask wow you got a new laptop also!! thinking he got his self one. he says no its yours! WHAT! I politely told him to get off as it is my laptop and i dont want noone using it that he is more then welcome to use my desktop. he throws a fit says he dont see what the big deal is. It is a big deal everyone was using my desk top and i got virusus and it started running crapy. I have wanted a laptop forEVER and it was finally ONE thing that was MINE! :( I was so excited to be the first one to use my new laptop but i was not he was! I am sorry maybe i am being selfish but it was something that was actully MINE!! i think it is very rude he didnt ask me to play it. My husband had set it uptoday so i would have it wireless and everything and while husband was in bath friend decided to use it. when husband told him that he or I didnt want noone using the laptop but me. he said oh she wont mind!! he KNEW I WOULD! Husband told him to get off and he kept saying ok game almost done ! GRRR :( oh i am typing this on desk top because now my laptop needs to be charged :( on top of that i have not ate for 4 days now! i still cant eat i cant shak this fever and i am sick of being sick

Kelsey1224
02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
You are not being selfish...this guy is a total jerk. How presumptuous is he? Perhaps you wanted to be the first one on it and perhaps you didn't want his stupid game cluttering up your computer.

CatrinaF25
02-04-2005, 04:16 PM
You are not being selfish...this guy is a total jerk. How presumptuous is he? Perhaps you wanted to be the first one on it and perhaps you didn't want his stupid game cluttering up your computer.

I just want to cry! first i kind figured id never own a laptop because they cost so much! i was forsure id never own one with what i wanted on it! this one has what i wanted on it! and its BRANDNEW:( you right i did want to be first one on it :( and i dont want no games cluttering it up :( we had agreed this would be MINE a thing that is MINE MINE MINE :( i dont ever have a MINE LOL so i was excited. husband made it so special when he gave it to me and i feel like friend ruined that :( I am so sick it has been sitting here for almost 24 hours and i had no touched it. i am just so sad he took my excitment away of using of being first to use it and such :(

Jaidness
02-04-2005, 04:18 PM
ugh what a jerk!! I'm sorry for you and no you are not being selfish, he was!

CatrinaF25
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
ugh what a jerk!! I'm sorry for you and no you are not being selfish, he was!
thanks :( I am going back to bed now and i am taking my laptop with me so he cant get it :(

freebielover
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Lock it up, password protect it so no one can get in even if they wanted to. It won't happen again! :)

CatrinaF25
02-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Lock it up, password protect it so no one can get in even if they wanted to. It won't happen again! :)

how can i do that on XP home? i have XP pro on my home so i am not sure how to do it on xp home

freebielover
02-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Not completely positive, I only work on Pro but you should be able to still access users accounts, set yourself as an admin and attach a logon passwork onto it.

mistressB
02-04-2005, 04:31 PM
it's a laptop. take it to your bedroom when you arn't using it. if it had been me i would have told the guy to get the F out of my house for talking that way to me.

bribella
02-04-2005, 05:17 PM
if it had been me i would have told the guy to get the F out of my house for talking that way to me.
LOL! I would've done the same thing :D
CatrinaF25 You are not being selfish at all it is YOUR brand new laptop after all you should have been the first one to use it. Not to mention that is rude to assume someone will not mind you using something of theirs without asking first. I would have been ticked too. I hope you are feeling better :)

Tasha405
02-04-2005, 05:45 PM
For XP Home, go to Control Panel, User Accounts and then click on your name and set it to have a password. I had to do mine here recently because my computer is now in my sons room and I don't want him on my computer all hours of the night. ;)

I would love to have a laptop! I'm jealous! :p lol I would have been mad too.

buglebe
02-04-2005, 07:14 PM
You are totally in the right to feel upset. Some people have a lack of respect for other people. We had a jerk who lived with us for 2 and a half yrs who was like that. I don't know why we put up for him as long as we did. Keep your laptop where he can't get to it. I understand your feelings completely. If he did it once he will do it again. Why is he still your friend and still in your house?

CatrinaF25
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
You are totally in the right to feel upset. Some people have a lack of respect for other people. We had a jerk who lived with us for 2 and a half yrs who was like that. I don't know why we put up for him as long as we did. Keep your laptop where he can't get to it. I understand your feelings completely. If he did it once he will do it again. Why is he still your friend and still in your house?

he comes over daily has for four years i am at the end of my rope! :(
he comes around because me and my husband raise his children because hei s having a hard time right now with it.. or has had a hard time for last 4 yrs since his wife ran off... i love the kids like my own and dont want them to do with out.. ps typing this on new laptop boy is it wierd! lol

freeplease
02-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Not only is he a jerk, he shouldn't be hanging around your house when your're sick! Time for that boy to go home.

Shann
02-04-2005, 08:28 PM
OH my gosh! What a complete jerk! You are not being selfish b/c I would do the same thing.. well I wouldn't have been as nice. As soon as he told me it was mine I would have taken it right ouf of his grubby little hands and told him a thing or two! :mad: And he would be leaving the house. That is YOUR new laptop and that's just down right rude he thought he could open it up and play around w/ it. Maybe you should find something of value to him and screw around w/ it and see how he likes it. :mad:

irrelevant0
02-04-2005, 09:27 PM
you're not selfish! the laptop hog sounds just like my most recent ex. :rolleyes:

you could always go over to his house and mess with something of his that is important. :D

CatrinaF25
02-05-2005, 12:58 PM
thanks everyone i feel da same. he is selfish :( but guess what i am doing right now??

laying in bed typing this lol i dont wanna get out of bed :( still sick! lol but hubby made house wireless!! so i can stay in bed! :) and i did figure out the password thing and one is now on it! yippie!!

thedragonlady
02-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I can't believe someone would come in your house and get on your computer without permission! I don't know of anybody that would do that. My son has a computer of his own and he knows if he touches mine he's in big trouble. I can't even imagine someone else doing it. You were a lot nicer to him than I would have been! Get better soon so you can spend lots of time with your new 'baby'.

usascs
02-05-2005, 07:58 PM
It's mine all mine. SO LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats my opinion

amysusi
02-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Not only is he a jerk, he shouldn't be hanging around your house when your're sick! Time for that boy to go home.

I would have coughed on him (a nice juicy one).

LOL :p

SmucknFart
02-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I'd be more than a little upset.

CatrinaF25
02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
thanks every1. i think i was just to sick to be more upset. i just went back to bed and cried lol