PDA

View Full Version : I am so mad!!!

firechick
02-04-2005, 08:31 AM
I listed some gift certtificates on ebay for my SIL. Well some jerk emailed me and had the nerve to get mad because I listed these because he/she already listed them. Well, I did not even look them up to compare them as I could care less....lol Well this jerk says hes gonna contact ebay. Lower his price blah blah blah...... I emailed jerk back and told him to go ahead. I lowered our price to 1.00 just to irritat him. His have sold for as much as 25.xx. Well, I really couldn't care less since she did not know if anyone would even buy them but she wanted them listed anyway. What would you do?? I have 4 of the certificates on my desk right now so I know that these are legit and all, but can ebay pull my ad because he has the same posted? I have only been selling a few months now so I don't know the ins and outs and wanted to list these before they raised the prices on everything. Sorry I just had to get some opinions!~!
thanks!
Kelly

Airbuswife
02-04-2005, 08:34 AM
NO! that guy is silly! there's a bunch of things that are duplicates on ebay! he's just ticked that you're selling yours cheaper, there's nothing he can do but whine! :)
good luck!

btw... what kind of gc are they??? ;)

JKATHERINE
02-04-2005, 08:35 AM
No, eBay cannot/will not pull your auctions because you're selling the same item/s as someone else. Sounds like the other seller has a stick up his bum. Search for just about ANYTHING on eBay and you'll find multiple different sellers on there selling the same darn thing. Some prices will be high, some will be low. That's how eBay works. :)

buttrfli
02-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Did the person contact you through ebay or is your e-mail addy on the site? If they contacted you through ebay, there will be a link from ebay within the e-mail that you can forward the e-mail to. (did that make sense? lol) the "contact seller" link is not supposed to be used to harrass members and the other person can be suspended for it. If the e-mail didn't come through ebay, contact safe harbor.

My suggestion would also be to ignore the person, they really can't do much just because you are selling the same thing. e-mailing them back will only invite them to continue to harrass you about it.

Kelsey1224
02-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Did the person contact you through ebay or is your e-mail addy on the site? If they contacted you through ebay, there will be a link from ebay within the e-mail that you can forward the e-mail to. (did that make sense? lol) the "contact seller" link is not supposed to be used to harrass members and the other person can be suspended for it. If the e-mail didn't come through ebay, contact safe harbor.

My suggestion would also be to ignore the person, they really can't do much just because you are selling the same thing. e-mailing them back will only invite them to continue to harrass you about it.

I was going to suggest that you report them to eBay as well. I was once contacted by someone who was outbid by me. This person was furious and called me a sniper, etc.

I forwarded the e-mail to eBay and she was issued a "warning" about her behavior. She then e-mailed me because she was furious that I had notified eBay that she had broken the rules. LOL!!!

She took no responsibility for her own behavior.

So...my opinion is to report the jerk!!! You did nothing wrong.

PrincessArky
02-04-2005, 09:39 AM
you for sure have to report him/her..........someone needs to grow up if they cant take it then they shouldn't be posting there

redrig
02-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Definitely report them to Ebay for harrassment. You're not selling the exact same GC with the exact same serial numbers as this other person, so there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but there is something wrong with the other seller contacting you.

mistressB
02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
man i'd be so annoyed. he's stupid.

Freebeemom
02-04-2005, 11:40 AM
REPORT! That is stinky. Did you look his feedback up by any chance? I would be curious if his buyers have had as much difficulty as you have with him.w

Some people!