PDA

View Full Version : Just curious....

bribella
02-04-2005, 07:33 AM
It seems like I am always washing clothes. I do laundry everyday and average probably 3 loads a day. Thats a lot of laundry!

How often do you do laundry?

sweetcandy
02-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I do laundry once a week for 2 people. I have 3 or 4 sometimes 5 loads though.

Angelseyes28
02-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately everyday. I have a load in the washer now. I generally wash 2 loads a day, sometimes 3. It's a never ending cycle lol.

newwiccan
02-04-2005, 07:37 AM
I used to do all the laundry on Monday but with four of us, it takes too long. Now I try to do a load every other day. I always wash sheets on Sunday.

joni1269
02-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Everyday, except Thursday. Sucks, doesn't it?

JazzMama
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
We wash on the weekend. Actually, we try to do it all on Saturday if I get up early enough. ;) There's about 4-6 loads for the 3 of us.

buttrfli
02-04-2005, 08:42 AM
It really depends on my day ... If I want to keep caught up, I do 2 maybe 3 a day. If I have a ;azy day and skip a day or 2 I can have 7 or 8 loads pile up on me.. its unbelieveable!

I have recently started making the girls put their own laundry away so that my 7 y/o can see how many clothes she goes through. There are times I wash stuff that I know hasn't been worn. Someone will try something on, change and rather than putting the shirt that was worn only for 30 seconds back on a hanger, it gets tossed in the floor... then in the laundry.

turbob
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Once a week - usually two loads, unless I am doing throw rugs, etc.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately everyday. I have a load in the washer now. I generally wash 2 loads a day, sometimes 3. It's a never ending cycle lol.

Same here :rolleyes:

I also have a load in the dryer.Only one more to go :)

disneymom
02-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Urgh, I never DONT have laundry :( I do 2 load a day, and there is ALWAYS something in the washer or dryer. I just screamed and yelled at the clothes lol. we have 3 kids all 5 and under and DH changes like 10 times a day, me, I could wear the same clothes all week lol, I just stay at home...who cares right lol But of corse I do change ;)

cleaningla
02-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Twice a week for the two of us. I do bedding and towels on Saterday and clothes on Sunday.

If I had a washer/dryer I would probably do it all on Sunday, but it's to much for one trip to the laundry room and we're not supposed to use all 4 washers/dryers at the same time anyway. Need to leave at least one for somebody else.

tracyb
02-04-2005, 09:29 AM
everyday i have atleast 2 loads and still some to do my,kids and hubbys good clothes in one whites his work clothes there is alway 2 loads in these most of the time never ending chore I dont do laundry on the weekend my time off...so it is catch up on monday....but with the girls sick i have had extra laundry,blankets....i did 9 loads in one day to get dd blankets cleaned where she got sick on them....dh told me to take half of them off but i never so i had a bunch with her cloths too...I dont think you can ever have cloths done do you!!!!!!!!!!

barbaric
02-04-2005, 10:36 AM
I do mine on the weekends as well. It takes me all day. I am just to tired during the week to attempt to do it at night. I am literally sick of doing dishes though.

Danny
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Once or twice in college

sweetcandy
02-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Once or twice in college

:eek: I didnt think men did laundry :p :) :p haha i'm just kidding :)

Danny
02-04-2005, 11:16 AM
it was an emergency

Bick'sMom
02-04-2005, 12:53 PM
It really depends on my day ... If I want to keep caught up, I do 2 maybe 3 a day. If I have a ;azy day and skip a day or 2 I can have 7 or 8 loads pile up on me.. its unbelieveable!

I have recently started making the girls put their own laundry away so that my 7 y/o can see how many clothes she goes through. There are times I wash stuff that I know hasn't been worn. Someone will try something on, change and rather than putting the shirt that was worn only for 30 seconds back on a hanger, it gets tossed in the floor... then in the laundry.

I started doing that too. The real kicker was when I found some clothes in the hamper that were STILL on the hangers!! :rolleyes:

With 7 of us there is never a time when I can say that I don't have any laundry to do.

Tasha405
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Same here. :o

YankeeMary
02-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I always have laundry and I take alot of our clothes to the dry cleaners every week and we still have alot of laundry....grrrrr. I hate laundry and dishes.

june72
02-04-2005, 01:32 PM
:( way to often :(
i think i do at least 2 loads most days. five of us so you can imagine if i miss any days. :eek:

mistressB
02-05-2005, 01:47 AM
2 loads of clothes for 3, two adults and one child, and one load for the towels and sheets a week. it takes about 3 mins to load and unload and 10 mins to sort, hang and put away. it's pretty simple. of course when i worked in a retirement community it was my job at night to wash and fold 15 loads of table clothes and napkins and about 5 or more loads of resident laundry per night. i really got a system down.

badswife
02-05-2005, 07:19 AM
There are times I wash stuff that I know hasn't been worn. Someone will try something on, change and rather than putting the shirt that was worn only for 30 seconds back on a hanger, it gets tossed in the floor... then in the laundry.

This goes on at my house alot with my 10 year old SON! I am always telling him he changes clothes more than a teenage girl! He will do the samething, try it on and if it is not what he wants , on the floor or balled up in the closet is where it goes. I have been loading the washer to find clothes that were still folded put in with the clothes to be washed! So I wash clothes daily! Not to mention the almost 3 year old and the DH who is a plumber who comes home muddy all the time from digging in the dirt! :eek:

jayhawkfan
02-05-2005, 09:34 AM
:( way to often :(
i think i do at least 2 loads most days. five of us so you can imagine if i miss any days. :eek:

Thats us, except I do 3 loads most days. With the new baby, it seems like Im always washing his clothes/bedding.

sahmsfreeb
02-05-2005, 09:38 AM
every monday and thursday are laundry day for me. the usual loads of whites colors and darks are done.. (3-4 loads total... 7 to 8 loads /week total)

then every 2 weeks is sheets day...
throw rugs.. every 3 weeks or so...
coats, seasonal items when nessesarry

4 of us.. Me a SAHM
dh takes shirts to get cleaned at DCleaners $1.50 / shirt..
2 boys.. 8 and 6... jeans and tshirts.. with the sunday shirt and pants....
everyone (except me) wears either the same brand white undies and socks or blue socks...

nanajoanie
02-05-2005, 10:36 AM
My special daughter does about 3 loads a day for the 4 of them and then takes weekends off. Just for me I only have about 1 load a week. She has a giant washing machine, biggest I've ever seen. :) :)

Urban Cowgirl
02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
You people need to seriously consider joining a nudest colony...like Nana :p she only has one load a week!!! And there are other perks too!!! LMBO