PDA

View Full Version : If You Had your Choice Which Would you Choose?

Tadbit
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok, here's the deal. My Dh called me and asked me where would I like to live the most, Florida, California,Colorado, or Canada, because he could get transferred to one of the company's stores in these areas. Since I have only been to Calif. and not the other states, I don't know which I would prefer. I know I don't want to live in Canada, even though I have never been there, at least I don't think I do. Help me out. If you were given the choice, where would you pick and why? :confused:

mistressB
02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
probably be colorado, just because it's really beutiful country there

lassss
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
well FLA is way to humid and hot....Canada would be out..I'd rather be in the US....I have never been to CA...but I have been to Colorado and fell in love..I'd move there in a second if I could...I was in Ft Collins..and saw lakes between mountains...beautiful!! It gets hot but not humid..good luck in your choice

BigLyd1
02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
In California, it really depends on where because it's so different from one area to another. Also what's most important to you? If nice weather is important, California would be a good choice. Colorado would probably have the nicest scenery. But it is very expensive to rent or buy a place in CA so unless your DH's business is paying for a place, that's a major thing to consider.

Eyore
02-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Me I would like Florida and that is what I would pick. My husband on the other hand would probably want to go to Colorado. But it is something you and hubby have to decide. Good luck in your decision.

JazzMama
02-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I lived in Colorado for a little over a year (Colorado Springs) and really enjoyed it there! That year the winters were very mild w/ only one snowstorm. Summers were enjoyable w/out the humidity that I now deal w/ in the South. So, I guess that'd be my choice!!

Willow
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
California!

ladybugbhb
02-02-2005, 01:50 PM
i would choose colorado in a heart beat! canada would be out bc i would want to be in the us. fla would be out bc of all the humidity and i jsut don't like it, lol. you have already lived in ca, so why not colorado?
never been there, but always wanted to. there and montana!

edited to say that it is cool you get to pick! most companies just send you to heck with where, lol.

Tasha405
02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
My first choice would be Colorado. Second would be Florida and third would be California. I wouldn't want to leave the US either, so Canada wouldn't even be an option for me.

buttrfli
02-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I LOVE Colorado, but it depends on where (lol)

My 2 choices would be colorado or canada

Tadbit
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow thanks everyone for the input. I just talked to my oldest daughter and asked her opinion too because she was talking about moving to the coast when she finishes college next year. She said she would like to move to Calif. so if we picked that state, then at least we would be close to her. If we decided on Co. it would still be closer to her if she moves to Calif. since we now live in Ks. Oh well, guess we will be giving this a lot more thought. At least wherever we do decide to go, the company is paying for our move. That sure will be nice not having that headache. :)

cleaningla
02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Colorado is great if you like the outdoors. They also have mountain gambling if you want to do that now and then.

The weather is really pretty good. That's the best part to me. You get 60 and 70 degree temps in the winter. The humidity isn't very high, the summers get hot, but not muggy. Few natural dissasters, occasional tornado is about it.

Not a lot of bugs, you know stuff like torantulas and scorpions.

Not really anything bad here. :)

nanajoanie
02-02-2005, 02:27 PM
1st pick is Tampa, FL and 2nd pick is Ft. Collins, CO. Lived in Tampa 8 years and spent the night in Ft. Collins at a very quaint/friendly bed & bath. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

sweetcandy
02-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I would pick Colorado. :)

briansgirl
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I would pick Colorado too, DH wants to move to Cali after graduation but my heart is in Colorado!!

jayhawkfan
02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I would choose Florida in a heartbeat. I love it there. Ive never been to California, so that would be an option for me too. I want to go somewhere that its warm most of the time, winter in Kansas is starting to bug me lol.

Bick'sMom
02-02-2005, 07:20 PM
It would all depend on where in Canada, but Canada has some great things to offer and is really a great place, there are lower crime rates and the pace of life is just a lot more simple than here in the US.

Colorado would be my second choice - only because I have never been there and it would be a new experience.

renagade
02-02-2005, 07:54 PM
California would be my first choice and then colorado my second.

newwiccan
02-03-2005, 07:00 AM
We lived in Colorado Springs for around 3 years and LOVED it. We would go back if the Army would let us.

miralys
02-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Definitely Florida (I might be a little biased). I have seen a lot of states and I still love Florida. :)

Momof2totsand1teen
02-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Colorado:) We also have great shopping here. Cherry Creek mall, outlet malls, nice boutiques. I love the weather. Not muggy, beautiful clear skies, mild winters.

schsa
02-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Canada. Experience a different culture.