PDA

View Full Version : If you want to keep up with an interesting trial...

buglebe
02-01-2005, 10:32 AM
If you want to keep up with an interesting trial, google Richard Scrushy. This trial is just starting. He is the founder and CEO of Health South. After charged with inflating the worth of his company to keep the stocks high he started his defense team and his defense. About 5 of his top guys have already been sentenced. Yesterday on tv Scrushy was seen stating he doesn't know what the trial is about! After all this came to light about 2 years ago, Scrushy started going to one of the biggest black churches here in Birmingham. He also started donating money to every black cause he could find and started a morning 30 min tv prayer show with leading black ministers in the area. My best friend is black and goes to this church. Race is not an issue it this trial but because the population of Birmingham is high black, the whites live more in the suberbs , he is working on the people who will be on his jury. It is amazing how the mind works. Everyone feels he is guilty but everyone is not so convinced he will be convicted because money talks so loud. We have Richard Scrushy libraries, streets, you name it and we have one named after him. It's gonna be interesting.

schsa
02-01-2005, 10:41 AM
He's going to end up guilty. He has messed with too many people and when you overstate the worth of your stock and things bottom out, too many people loose money. And you don't mess with people's money.

amysusi
02-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Excuse me while I gag. :eek: