PDA

View Full Version : ISO: One soldier to adopt for my blockwatch

latestdish
01-20-2005, 03:06 AM
I live in the southern suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA. I run a very large blockwatch for a large apartment community at the South Baldwin/Pleasant Hills border. Anyways, the list of soldiers I had to get adopted went well. We wrote our soldiers, a lot of them wrote back. My enthusiasm, despite my poverty, apparently got contagious. I ran out of soldiers to adopt. I now have a member of my blockwatch, of a fairly solid/reputable nature, who would like to adopt a soldier, and none to assign her. Anybody able to help? Have not seen any posts for a while. I don't have to tell you that the danger is escalating overseas, morale has lowered, and they can really use our support right now. Yes, there are many other important causes out there, including the tsunami victims. However, right now it is my personal goal to make sure I tell them thank you for looking out for my family's and country's freedom. Thank you for your time reading this, and help. Please e-mail me at pepsiette@hotmail.com or pm. I am more than happy to accept extra names.
I cannot financially adopt any myself, but am donating my time coordinating this effort. I also share my extra samples, etc, frequently, and friends of mine have helped pay the shipping overseas. -Joy

newwiccan
01-20-2005, 08:28 AM
If you don't find anyone soon, let me know. My husband just left Sunday and I can probably get a name for you. (As of today, they don't have a mailing address but they should soon.