PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!!

amysusi
01-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Did anyone notice I wasn't around? LOL

Our broadband had been cut off about 2 weeks ago. It made me nuts for a few days, but I've gotten soooo much housework done (and soooo tired to go with it). I went to the library last week, and popped in here, but the connection there was so incredibly slow, it was just a peek before my time was up. After a phone call today where a friend asked me if I had checked my email and DH heard me say we didn't have the internet, he called up earthlink and got us hooked back up. It's just dial-up now, but we will upgrade to DSL in a few weeks. The broadband was just getting too expensive, and most of my time was spent playing games. It was too tempting to be on it all day, and I've been wanting to get rid of it for a long time. But I was so spoiled, this slowness of dial-up is making me a little crazy. But, it's better than nothing.

Last week my baby Lena turned 2. Such a big girl she has become. She got her own little potty. I think she is going to be easier to train than the boys. She is already used to sitting on the toilet. She's so cute - I'll ask her if she wants to go sit on the potty, and she runs to the bathroom and says "let's go". She has become quite a talker too. She always has been though, but lately I can understand more and more of what she's saying. The phrases I hear most often from her in the last few days are "what's that?", "don't touch it," and "what you doing?" I took her to get her pictures done today. The last time was when she was 3 months old :eek: (we actually attempted it about 7 months ago, but none of the kids would hold still, and they came out terribly, so we cancelled them) I'll post it when I pick them up in a few weeks.

So anyway, that's it.

Anything juicy happen while I was away?:p

buglebe
01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
LOL Glad you are back. The forum is slow right now anyway so maybe it wasn't the library computer. I'm glad potty training is going good. Kids are so much fun. You haven't had her picture taken since she was 3 months. I sure hope you made some good pictures at home!

Judy
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Welcome back :)
I've been AWOL for monthes and just returned a few weeks or so ago. I am using my daughters computer, she's a sweetheart to let me have it for awhile.
Your daughter sounds like a sweetie :)
Judy :)

midnyte
01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Welcome back!

I have DSL and only pay about $24/mo. for it. The speed is pretty good, although I don't think anything could help these boards right now. But its so much better than dial up, for about the same price. Check and see if it's available in your area: www.dslextreme.com.

Oh, and if you don't mind putting me down as your referrer if you do sign up, that would be great (username is stormfyre).

Hope your dd's pictures turn out super cute!

stormfyre (a.k.a. midnyte)

Tadbit
01-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Welcome back amysusi!!! It might have been hard to notice if you were gone as some of us haven't been coming in as much because of the board being slow, but we miss anyone that is gone too long. Glad things are going well with the potty training. That's always fun. LOL You'll have to get those pictutres posted so we can all see how much that little girl has grown. Again welcome back! :)