PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Goodness!! I Had To Share...

brooks45
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
This morning i had got up early to run some errands and on my way back home about a 3 blocks from my house (neighbor that i dont know but have past by 1000s of times over the years and have seen her) Anyway she was throwing away a 3 tier basket wooden stand and i have always wanted one of these but couldnt see paying that much..well the waste not want not person in me pulled over and asked if she mind if i had it and she said sure help yourself..so i did..It is brand spanking new! except the fact that the leg came on screwed..so i brought it home and tabbed some wood glue and re-screwed the leg and it is good as new..I have always wanted one of these for my kitchen to put fruit and veggies in!! yippee!! heres a link to what it looks like! and i knew they where expensive but never thought they would be $79.99/$94.52 shipped lol! :eek: :eek: This one i got is exactly like the 3 tier basket stand in pic..same wood color stain and all!!

http://www.searshomecenter.com/homecenter/prod_display1.asp?PRODUCT=9688&partner=58

Urban Cowgirl
01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Lucky Duck!!! Congrats!! :D

terizona
01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
That is really cute. What a great find, perfect timing for you! :)

I'll have to find myself some neighbors who don't know how to fix things too!

DreamWarrior
01-13-2005, 02:25 PM
WOW!!!! Lucky you!!!

congrats on the GREAT find!!!

nanajoanie
01-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I have a feeling it had your name on it when it was tossed out. Otherwise some else would have picked it up. Glad you are happy with your 'found treasure' :)

brooks45
01-13-2005, 02:51 PM
thank you!! all!!

funny you say that nana! my mom and i have always talked about and said how funny things work out!! over the years be it right away or down the road (this is with my mom and myself) if our heart is set on something that we want or need we always come across getting it or it just shows up!! and more times then none it has been freebies or a good deal of some kind! Years ago i had got a one time housecleaning job..one of those deep cleaning jobs windows done and all..(well i was needing a tv entertainment cabinet) at the time and this lady that hired me to clean her house was moving and she was low on funds to pay at the end of the day cuz of moving costs and asked if i would be interested in the tv entertainment cabinet for part of my pay and it was nice and i thought omg but she says she couldnt take it with her and i said i would be happy to bargain with her so i got pay and entertainment center (it was a mahogany wood style,very nice and i used it for years) till i went with oak furniture through the house. But isnt funny how things work out!! Iam very blessed and lucky that way i guess!!

Tasha405
01-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Congrats! :D

ezmoney163
01-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Nice find!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

usascs
01-13-2005, 09:31 PM
great find

msmom79
01-13-2005, 09:39 PM
My Mother Taught Me "one Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure"congrates To You On Your Good Find:)