PDA

View Full Version : My ebay/paypal vent

Blackberry
01-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I just put a bunch of cd's on ebay and the auctions have ended. When I do my auctions I use large, bold, colorful print and keep it simple. I very clearly write that "I accept paypal (no credit cards thru paypal) and money orders". Simple to understand, right? Fully 1/3 of the people who sent me payments thru paypal sent me credit card funded paypal! Very frustrating. It wastes my time, I now have to ask for you to send me a money order while trying to not be rude.

Am I asking too much? Ugh :rolleyes:

Eyore
01-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I have paypal and used to do auctions. I took credit cards through paypal.
Don't take this question wrong please. But why don't you take credit cards through paypal? Are the fees higher if you do that? I haven't put a auction up in a few years so I really am not up on all this stuff anymore.
But I do see one thing hasn't changed. People don't read everything. I did run into that when I did ebay.

Blackberry
01-12-2005, 10:41 PM
I have paypal and used to do auctions. I took credit cards through paypal.
Don't take this question wrong please. But why don't you take credit cards through paypal? Are the fees higher if you do that?

Yes, the fee's are the reason I don't upgrade to a business account. You have to pay a flat fee plus 2% or something like that. Some of the time I'm only being paid $2.49 and the fee's would eat up a chunk of that. So I have a personal account which doesn't take out any fee's at all. If I were going to get real serious and start doing a bunch of ebay auctions then I'd probably upgrade to a business account, but right now it just does not make sense for me to do so.

Eyore
01-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks for answering. Your correct the fees can take a big part of what you make, I believe I have a Premier account. Maybe one day I will look into changing it back to a personal account. I only use it now to send money to my son who is in college.
Hope you can get through to the people and get things straightened out.

ebgreen74
01-13-2005, 12:22 AM
same thing happens to me-I have it in 2 different spots too but no one seems to read it.

mistressB
01-13-2005, 01:41 AM
i'm through with paypal. someone somehow got my paypal info and ordered $600+ worth of stuff, paypal then took that money from my bank account (money that wasn't even there to begin with) and made my account bounce all sorts of stuff, luckily the stores that i shopped with were paid with the overdraft protection or i would have had to fight with paypal for money to pay the stores. after a huge hassle and 2 months later paypal finally credited my bank, only problem was they did it twice, putting my pay pal account in the hole.

then they wouldn't withdraw it back from my bank and were threatening us with fees unless we gave them back the money. they wouldn't unfreeze the paypal account so having them withdraw the money from another bank account wasn't an option either. they told us that they would only accept a money order or check. we were like no way are we going to send that much money throught the mail. so what we had to do was put the money in another bank account, open a new paypal account, and transfer that money to the frozen paypal account, for some reason you can deposit from another pay pal account just fine. that finally put our balance back to zero. what a pain in the butt all that was.

lassss
01-13-2005, 05:57 AM
I just put a bunch of cd's on ebay and the auctions have ended. When I do my auctions I use large, bold, colorful print and keep it simple. I very clearly write that "I accept paypal (no credit cards thru paypal) and money orders". Simple to understand, right? Fully 1/3 of the people who sent me payments thru paypal sent me credit card funded paypal! Very frustrating. It wastes my time, I now have to ask for you to send me a money order while trying to not be rude.

Am I asking too much? Ugh :rolleyes:

I hear ya...I had an ebay auction that clearly stated shipping to the USA only....a guy from Belgium won ! LOL

ilvscooby
01-13-2005, 06:32 AM
You don't have the Paypal CC logos listed in your auction do you? Some buyers just see that and assume cc paypal is ok.

Blackberry
01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
You don't have the Paypal CC logos listed in your auction do you? Some buyers just see that and assume cc paypal is ok.

No, I don't have any paypal logo at all anymore on my auctions because the only one I can find has the credit card pic along side of it. So I just put in big bold letters that I accept paypal.

taz69
01-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I always pay for my auction with paypal, and all I have is a debit card, but it started listing it as credit card payment. Now I have to transfer money to my paypal account thru the debit card, wait 3 days, then pay for the auctions if they don't accept the cc. I didn't realize it when they changed, and some people with debit cards may be thinking the same as I was. Then again, some people don't read/lol

freebielover
01-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know off the top of their head how to downgrade your paypal account?

mistressB
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know off the top of their head how to downgrade your paypal account?

you have to call them to do it and you can only downgrade one time for the lifetime of the account. they have to confirm that the account hasn't been downgraded before. they also don't have a toll free number so i hope you have long distance

sodastereo
01-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I completely relate to you, Blackberry. Sometimes, I feel like telling them off, because I take the time to type things out both boldly and concisely, and to send a precise invoice, yet they insist on disregarding my rules, requests, and directions. Of course, then they blame me, insult me, try to pick fights, and/or freak out at the last minute (since they have no idea how to use Paypal outside of the Ebay site).

I sold an anti-wrinkle serum on the 3rd. I immediately contacted the winner with information. 4 days later, I wrote to remind her that the following day was the due date. On Monday, I filed a non-paying bidder alert. She finally emailed me yesterday to tell me that she couldn't find the button on her summary page to pay me. If she'd bothered to read my email 10 days ago, she'd know that she has to log-in to Paypal and send the money through there. Oh well.

It gets tiresome having to babysit my auctions in the last couple of minutes and having to explain things or walk bidders through things that they should know when they're at 40+ feedback. B&M's coddling has spoiled many people.

freebielover
01-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks very much for the info, I have my cell to use so its not a problem calling. I also sympathize with you blackberry, I have people win my auctions all the time from other countries and I ship only to the US. I also only accept paypal, so they email me asking me how to pay. I tell them paypal and they say they cannot use paypal. Then they get mad because you won't send them the item! Definitely gets on my nerves!

KrystallizedFlame
01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I put in my auctions in big red bold letters that I only accept Paypal with existing funds or echeck. If I am sent payment with a credit card it will be denied. I put that before the description of the item and after. I then put my paypal address in the payment option box at the end of the auction. I also give them my paypal address again in the comments on the invoice. I have only had 3 ppl in the past try paying with a credit card. HTH

gal3m
01-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I have a personal and premier account. However, when I list my auctions, I give my free personal account addy to pay with and list in big letters at the end of the description that if they are paying with a credit card, they need to email me for the correct paypal addy. I also list this on the ebay invoice sent. I have had several people try to pay with a credit card through my free account. I had one lady pay my free account 3 times with a cc, despite me denying all the payments and sending emails explaining where the payment needed to be sent to. It drove me crazy! Unfortunately, some people just don't pay attention. :rolleyes: