PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Indian food?

Faithfully
01-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi all,

The kiddos, and I are wanting to try something new, Indian(as in India) food. We looked at the online menu for a local restaurant, and it's huge. It even has 20 kinds of bread. We are not to interested in curry, it's a bit to spicy. So, can anyone suggest some dishes that aren't to spicy, but good??? TIA :)

buglebe
01-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello, sorry you didn't get much help on this. I have never eaten it. But my dd and ds and wife do a lot as there is an Indian restaurant next door to where my son works. I will ask for you and post if you are still interested. They love it, especially the soup. You may know more about it than me by the time I get back to post. I would like to hear your comments if you go eat at one.

Faithfully
01-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Any info would be great Buglebe! We don't plan on going to eat until the weekend, so I'm just wanting to be a bit prepared. I'm looking forward to hearing your familys comments. TY! :)

CHERNL
01-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Okra Marsala is my favorite.

Faithfully
01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Hello, sorry you didn't get much help on this. I have never eaten it. But my dd and ds and wife do a lot as there is an Indian restaurant next door to where my son works. I will ask for you and post if you are still interested. They love it, especially the soup. You may know more about it than me by the time I get back to post. I would like to hear your comments if you go eat at one.

We finally had the Indian food tonight, and it was pretty good. Had a variety of appetizers, all which were good. Had a dinner that consisted of Tandoori chicken(chicken in a yogurt sauce), yummy,chicken tikka(chicken and vegs) yummy, and lamb kabobs, which were good. Also had beef curry, that was yucky. The bread was great, as was the rice, but the Indian carrot cake wasn't so good. No icing,lol. I would definitely eat it again! :)

buglebe
01-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Sorry I didn't offer any help. I talked to daughter and she said the restaurant they go to all the time is Thai instead of Indian. I'm glad yall liked what you ate. And good for you for venturing out. We tend to go to the same places. I remember when we first started going to Mexican restaurants and had no idea what to order. Now we go there weekly.