PDA

View Full Version : Pretzel Bomb 2005

toughcooki
01-11-2005, 05:12 AM
On January 14th, 2005, we Americans who are furious with the current President will each send one grab-bag-sized bag of pretzels to the White House (just to show we care) at the following address:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Spread this message to every Bush-fearing person you know; post it on message boards, communities, etc. that you belong to.

sweetcandy
01-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Why would we be sending pretzels??? Do they represent anything??? LoL

Eyore
01-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Why would we be sending pretzels??? Do they represent anything??? LoL

From searching around I guess he almost chocked to death on a Pretzel. I guess that is why pretzels was choosen.

Willow
01-11-2005, 12:27 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=politicalhumor&zu=http://www.praesentia.us/archives/dishonestdubya.html

:D :D :D

ladybugbhb
01-11-2005, 12:37 PM
i think instead, you shoul djust use the money that you would spend on the pretzels and the postage and put it in a good charity. if you are really against him, you could put it in a name that means something to your group. this way, somebody wins.

Urban Cowgirl
01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
i think instead, you shoul djust use the money that you would spend on the pretzels and the postage and put it in a good charity. if you are really against him, you could put it in a name that means something to your group. this way, somebody wins.

I second that!! If you mail pretzels you might as well throw you $$$ in the trash, thats what they will do with the pretzels.

KeliMom
01-11-2005, 06:05 PM
With the way they are with security and the President these days, I wouldn't be sending him ANYTHING! They might come and arrest me for trying to kill the pres or something! lol I'll send my money elsewhere, thank you!

shelhop
01-12-2005, 04:35 AM
While you're busy sending things to harass our president, please remember to send a few dollars to aid in the tsunami relief, or maybe send some items that will help make our troups more comfortable, etc.

nanajoanie
01-12-2005, 07:36 AM
While you're busy sending things to harass our president, please remember to send a few dollars to aid in the tsunami relief, or maybe send some items that will help make our troups more comfortable, etc.

DITTO!! Besides the pretzels wouldn't even make it to the White House. I think it's rather vicious to send someone pretzels because they almost choked to death on them. That's like wishing someone would die .

ladybugbhb
01-12-2005, 09:01 AM
nana, unfortuantely, i think that may be their idea. i also don't think they realized how many of us on here dd not share their oppinion.

also, how much they would be wasting in thier effort.

BigLyd1
01-12-2005, 09:08 AM
DITTO!! Besides the pretzels wouldn't even make it to the White House. I think it's rather vicious to send someone pretzels because they almost choked to death on them. That's like wishing someone would die .

It is vicious and it's not very nice to wish someone would die. Ooh, is there such a thing as karma? :eek:

hdlzx2
01-12-2005, 09:13 AM
This pretzel thing sounds like a mighty ACLU or PETA thing to do.....

firechic
01-12-2005, 09:14 AM
This has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

Urban Cowgirl
01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
yep dumb idea, mean and not to mention the white house does not accept unsolicitted(sp?) mail. As if, I can see it now. Here ya go Mr. President you got a bunch of packages from people you don't even know. As if.

delSol
01-12-2005, 10:03 AM
yep dumb idea, mean and not to mention the white house does not accept unsolicitted(sp?) mail. As if, I can see it now. Here ya go Mr. President you got a bunch of packages from people you don't even know. As if.

must of been ideas like this that made canada institute an "iq test" (of sorts) to keep americans from running across the border every time they had a hissy fit...

janelle
01-12-2005, 11:40 AM
For those who would actually do this we know they are still in need of counseling for post-election trama. But I would believe lots of people are. Just where does all that hate go when the election is over?

The Dems ran a campaigh on hate Bush and now many people are left with the hate and no where to go with it except inside. :eek:

Heck, let them do it or they might go postal. Let's think of other harmless things they might also do to feel better. Hey, this is the therapy. LOL :rolleyes:

nanajoanie
01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
This has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

ITA!! I think this thread should have been put in V & W. But the mods have their handsfull at this time. It's my understanding that we aren't supposed to bash either party since it's about 50/50 Republican/Democratic here plus other affliations. We have the right to disagree but within decency and respect for other folks feelings.

faygokraze
01-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I think its funny but im not going to waste my time and money to do it.

Willow
01-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't plan on sending pretzels either. I just posted the link for those wondering what the correlation of the pretzels was.

Eyore
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Hope no one thinks I am planning on doing this. All I did was answer someones question as to why pretzels were choosen. I have no plans on sending anything to anybody. Just clearing things in case someone misunderstood my post.

cleaningla
01-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Some people have no sense of humor, you'd think people would know it was joke. :rolleyes:

freebielover
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow. ::Shakes Head::

katgirl3
01-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Some people have no sense of humor, you'd think people would know it was joke. :rolleyes:

Except the reason they want to send pretzels is because he choked on one. Ya know, people die from choking. Nothing funny about wishing someone dead. Sorry if I don't see the humor. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/katgirl3/blink.gif

andreame70
01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Someone almost chokes to death on a pretzel, so people from all around the US who only know the man from seeing him on TV should send him a bag a pretzels? As if to say "here you go, maybe you can completely choke to death on these."

I am sorry, but I fail to see the humor in that.

President or not, I think it is horrid that someone would wish any other person to die from choking on anything.

It seems to me that whoever came up with this idea has more time and money than they have common sense.

If you really wanted to send the President something funny, a book on parenting skills would fit that bill. Now that is funny.......hoping that he will die while choking on a pretzel is not.

Andrea

annie169
01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey...Send me the pretzels!! I've been craving chocolate dipped pretzels and I'd be more than HAPPY to dip my own!!!! Anyone wanna donate to Annie's PMS Pretzel Fund??? :D

cleaningla
01-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Do you people honestly think people are going to read that and actually send pretzels? :rolleyes: LMAO

sahmsfreeb
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Do you people honestly think people are going to read that and actually send pretzels? :rolleyes: LMAO
sadly yes...
:rolleyes:
the same people who mass forward all of these kinds of letters (you know who you are... you are the person who clicks the button ALL in your email addy book) are sadly the kind of people who believe EVERYTHING they read. :rolleyes:

you so do not want to know how many times ive gotten the tsunami email already.... uhg roll eyes... the first time i got that email i read it then looked at the picts... first thing i noticed was the chinese architecture... oy....

Jaidness
01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
lol funny!

sweetcandy
01-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I thought it was hilarious....maybe I just have a sick sense of humor or sumthin lol... I wonder if Kerry's gonna send a bag??? haha :D