PDA

View Full Version : Cramping is that normal if you are pre-menopause

Nanc952
01-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Seems like here lately I am cramping all the time and some really hard like tonight this is without even having a period. I alway cramp but only on the period.

Would love to talk to some ladies here that have been threw this. All female members of my family are gone and my friends are my age or younger so we are not much help to each other.

Pamprin used to give some relief but not anymore.

roseanntx
01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
It's possible....but you need to see a gynocologist(Spelling?) because it could be a number of things.
1 of my sisters & myself went thru early menopause around 35. I KNEW something was up 'cause I always had light, regular periods. I began to skip 2/3 months then have 3 in 1 month!
1 time I had really serious cramps & bled like crazy. Friends, co-workers & even 2 doctors(!!!) told me I was too young!!! Both my sister & I did (or do-LOL) look way younger than we are, but age is not relevent to menopause-not in our cases!
Finally went to my old gyno & he gave me some sort of test (can't remember everything-I have CRS) & BINGO! Put me on hormones. I quit taking them after 3/4 yrs, but they really helped!
I used to get hot flashes that made me feel like my head was in a microwave!
Hope this helps-Good luck!

P.S. Early menopause does not run in my family-only 1 sister & me. I hear that smokers have a higher incidence & this sister & I are the only smokers in the family! Interesting.

tracyb
01-11-2005, 01:31 PM
i dont know about prementapausel but shewwww i tell you wht them pm cramps get the best of me!!! tell you what i think i am in labor all over again.....bad enough going through that twice let alone monthly...shewwwwwww

JCshopper
01-13-2005, 01:13 AM
:eek: I am 35 and going through what my doc calls peri menopause. Sometimes I get leg pain, sometimes cramping a week before my period, sometimes shortened periods or longer periods. I EAT IBUPROFEN LIKE CRAZY! But the worst is when I am even the slightest bit nervous, I could be ice cold and it's like someone turned a faucet on my head. Literally I will have to have a couple of paper towels to swab my face and neck because the sweat is pouring out of my scalp and down my face and neck...GROSS! I will still be freezing though most of the time. :confused: Once in a while I will get that feeling like my head is on fire though.

YankeeMary
01-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Go to a doc!!! I can't stess that enough, about a month ago, I felt like my ovaries were gonna explode (Cramping and stabbing pains), I ate advils like crazy for several days. Then I was fine, then 2 weeks after that the pain returned this time even worse and didn't let up with advil, I had to go to the ER and spent 2 days is in the hospital, I had diverticulitis and I am only 35. I also thought I was going through early menpause or had a cyst on my ovary. I had hot flashes, or so I thought..lol, it was actually a tempature of 102. Good luck.

mizzy62
01-13-2005, 07:15 AM
I have had a hysterectomy, EVERYTHING is gone..and still sometimes cramp. I swear I have a "phantom" uterus. :eek:

schsa
01-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I am perimenopausal. That is what it is called before you actually quit having periods altogether. I was having extreme back pain, vomitting, diarrhea, and massive headaches to the point where I was out of work at least one to two days a month. When I spoke to my doctor about it, he put me on FMHRT and it has changed my life. I love it. I know that you can't be on it indefinately but it took care of all of my symptoms the first month and I have been period free and symptom free for over a year and a half now.