PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Emotions and complete shock....

Sha
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
:confused: This story hits me in so many ways right now and I am so sad and so angry. I won't go into detail about my thoughts right now..I am just uggh....confused. This happened in a town I have alot of customers and friends in and 2 of them are on the police force.

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull1.asp?id=8975

Ceres Police Shooting Suspect was AWOL Marine
A Marine from Modesto allegedly opened fire on two Ceres police officers Sunday night, killing one of them and critically wounding the other.

In chilling surveillance video, an individual, who police identified as 19-year-old Andres Reya of Modesto is seen brandishing an SKS assault rifle outside George's Liquors on Caswell Avenue in Ceres. As police officers approach, the figure in the video opens fire, appearing to pursue the officers a short distance.

Sgt. Howard Stevenson died of his injuries after being shot multiple times at about 8:30 p.m. Fellow officer Sam Ryno was critically wounded.

According to Lt. Bill Heyne of the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department, the incident appeared to be planned. Reya reportedly fired one round, then entered the liquor store, telling the clerk to call police. The surveillance video appears to show Reyes apparently waiting for the responding officers to arrive.

According to bystanders, Reya fired as many as 60 rounds during the shootout with the two officers.

After the shooting, police say Reya fled into a nearby neighborhood. Officers with the Ceres, Newman, Turlock and Modesto police departments, the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department, and the California Highway Patrol cordoned off the area and began a search, concentrating on a neighborhood near Caswell and Central avenues. At about 11:30 p.m., the suspect was located in an alley. According to police, the gunman opened fire on officers. There was an exchange of gunfire and Reya was killed.

Heyne said Reya had returned to Modesto in September after a seven-month duty tour of duty in Iraq. He reported back to Camp Pendleton last week. Marines in his unit said he told them he was going out for something to eat Saturday night and that was the last he was seen.

According to investigators, Reya's family said the young Marine was upset over the prospect of returning to Iraq.

Stevenson is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.

stresseater
01-10-2005, 09:15 PM
No confusion for me. This nut should be tried, convicted and sentenced to die for capital murder. :( :(

menanamama
01-10-2005, 09:21 PM
suicide by cop.

Tisky67
01-11-2005, 06:35 AM
suicide by cop.

I agree.

CatrinaF25
01-11-2005, 08:23 AM
i feel so sorry for all involved :(

buglebe
01-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Just very sad for everyone involved. There are going to be reprecussions from this war for years and years.

NiteQueen
01-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Now i think that is what they call bad karma......(what comes around goes around)
sorry just had to put that in there.

msmom79
01-11-2005, 08:38 AM
i thought it was"what goes around,comes around,wow this is sad.

MamaFairal
01-11-2005, 10:19 AM
he sounded terrified of going back to war and its sad he had to go out like that and he felt he had no other choice.
War is terrible and does crazy things to our soldiers involved.......remember Vietnam?