PDA

View Full Version : ? about my fingernails.

lisarae
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
I used to bite my nails up until I had my son, who will be 5 next month. For some reason I just quit, You'd think it would be the other way around. They were really pretty. they would get really long and they were hard and rarely break. I would have to trim them because they got so long. Now hear recently, when they would get so long they would curve down the tip of my finger, thats if they didn't chip or start to tear. My question is, do I have some sort of deficiancy(sp) of vitamins. Thats what my mom says. Or is there something I can do without buying all kinds of special stuff to put on them. TIA

Tadbit
01-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure about vitamin deficiency, but were you taking Pre-natal vitamins when you were pregnant? That may be why your nails became so long and strong, henceforth, it could be that now you are lacking. I know when I was pregnant with my daughters, my nails would grow thier best and I contributed it to the pre-natal vitamins. I take them now when I'm having problems getting my nails to grow or when they are weak. Another good thing to use on your nails is Nutra Nails. That stuff is great for keeping my nails long and strong. HTH.

nanajoanie
01-08-2005, 06:24 PM
My nails have gone from stubs for a long time to very pretty for longer time. The longer times might be when I drink more coffee or milk. Havn't a clue. I always thought when my nails broke, chipped, split, I wasn't getting enough calcium. Sorry I can only drink so much milk, eat so much ice cream, and cheese - well we all know what cheese does. And I refuse to do fake nails. Several family and friends have had nail fungus because of extended fake nails by professionals (certified ones). Hope you get some answers here. I'm interested also.

Tadbit
01-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I forgot to mention that your nails will grow longer in the warmer weather too, because they won't dry out as much from cold, etc, but a good manicure once in a while will help your nails a lot too, even if you do it yourself. Just make sure when you file them, you go in one direction and not file back and forth, as this will cause your nails to break more easily.