PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Clothes For DD, PLEASE!

flybabyny
01-08-2005, 04:06 PM
My daughter is 5 and is VERY tall and big for her age. Regular sizes do not fit her--she fits well into a Children's Place size 6 plus, but they only have jeans in that size range. I really need to get her a few pairs of pants, as well as a few dresses. Where can I find decent quality clothing for a size 6 plus that won't break the bank? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

buglebe
01-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I think Sears carries the plus sizes for children. Have you checked there? I don't think they would be anymore than The Children's Place. Good luck to you and your little girl.

mistressB
01-08-2005, 04:24 PM
i bet lane bryant and avenue would do really well to sell plus sized children clothing as well. there's a real need for it now.

peaceluver
01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Have you checked ebay? I have a plus size girl and we get most of her clothes on ebay. It is also cheaper then sears or j c pennys.

lisarae
01-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I used to work the childrens department at Sears. They have all kinds of clothes in size 6x. Beautiful dresses, and khakis, all the same stuff as the regular sizes. I loved working there. Check their website also. Im pretty sure they have those there also.

Eyore
01-08-2005, 06:10 PM
http://fashion.about.com/cs/kidstrends/a/pluskids.htm

Go about half way down the page and there are links to places that are suppose to carry childrens plus sizes.

flybabyny
01-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Thank you all so much! It's so frustrating not to be able to find her clothing that is comfortable that she feels good wearing. She's built just like her father with the long torso and short legs and broad shoulders. I appreciate the help and am off to shop!