PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had the truth just reach out and slap you in the face? LOL

turbob
01-08-2005, 10:56 AM
I was on the bus the other day going to work - cold, still dark, and POURING rain. I was watching this older lady juggling umbrella, luch bag, purse, etc. She had little "duck" shoes on. I turned to another rider and said 'Boy, I hope when I get to be that age, I don't have to do this", then it dawned on me - I AM that age!!!!! Oh, the horror of it all!

Bohemut
01-08-2005, 05:31 PM
LOL. My 49th birthday is coming up and when I thought about it the other day I remembered something from my college days.

One of my friends was living in a house with three other girls. One of her roommates was dating, and sleeping with, an older man. He was 49. :eek: We were so grossed out! Just think of sleeping with someone so old and wrinkled. YUCK! Somehow 49 year old men don't look so bad to me now. I wonder how that happened. :confused: LOL.

Some days I wonder how I could be so old and not feel any different than when I was young. Then other days I feel so old I wonder how I could feel that way when I'm still young (relatively speaking of course).

nanajoanie
01-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Age is only a number and you are as you feel. I know I'm getting 'older' but I usually don't feel 'old'. I did feel old when a few years ago when I was about 50 and my oldest daughter asked what the dust was in my hair. First that she noticed my 27 gray hairs. I only have a faded gray salt&pepper streak.

jedmatters
01-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey, what is wrong with wearing duckie shoes in the rain? Ever see a duck slip in a puddle? :) :)

And, Age has NOTHING to do with it. I am just 35, and have (since 15) worn my slippers with faces, animals or whatever everywhere I go. I even wear my pj bottoms to work, with my unicorn house shoes. :D

***CUPID***
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
what are duckie shoes/????

I am 29 and will be until 3-29!!! I may just hold on there for a few more years!!!

shoppinqueen
01-08-2005, 08:23 PM
I was on the bus the other day going to work - cold, still dark, and POURING rain. I was watching this older lady juggling umbrella, luch bag, purse, etc. She had little "duck" shoes on. I turned to another rider and said 'Boy, I hope when I get to be that age, I don't have to do this", then it dawned on me - I AM that age!!!!! Oh, the horror of it all!

Be careful, I wear "little duck shoes" and have been known to ride the bus :)