PDA

View Full Version : vegetarian & vegans, please come in

irrelevant0
01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
are you vegetarian or vegan? what animal products will you eat, and what do you avoid?

i am becoming vegetarian, considering vegan ... just looking at what others do. :o please share. thanks!

msmom79
01-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I Eat Chicken And Fish And Alot Of Veggie Pizza's,im One Who Does Not Eat Meats,once In Awhile I Will Eat A Piece Of Pork Steak,or Maybe A Hot Dog,but Just Give Me Veggies And Im Happy.

stuffbuff
01-05-2005, 11:40 PM
I have been a vegetarian now for over a year. I don't eat meat, chicken, pork etc. or as my father-in-law says "anything with a face". :eek: I do however eat seafood on special occasions and still eat dairy products and stuff made with eggs. I was supprised how easy it was to not eat meat and I don't miss it at all. I buy these great products made by Morningstar Farms, they are frozen fake burgers, Sausage and the Corn Dogs taste 100% real - I swear! My grocery bill is also a lot less and I have lost weight too. I make a lot of meals using different beans, vegetables and pasta dishes. It's great!

I tried being vegan; not eating any animal products at all like dairy etc. but found that it was pretty difficult as most products are made with milk and eggs used as fillers including most breads. I felt it was too constricting and I was spending way too much time reading labels not to mention the fact that it was near impossible to eat in a normal restaurant.

Anyway, good luck! :)

puffy
01-06-2005, 12:14 AM