PDA

View Full Version : head on.........

***CUPID***
01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Let me start by saying UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I was on my way to the post office and grocery store today with my 3 kids. I was still in my neighborhood when this PERSON cam around the bend on the wrong side of the road, not looking where he was going, and hit me head on. It jolted the whole car and scared the fool out of me and the kids. My oldest got hurt by the seat belt and my middle said he hit his head on the window. my little girl was fine. just scared. The front of his car was messed up pretty good, and mine was damaged a little, but he has to replace it. The thing is, he drives like this all the time. wrong side of the road, flying in a 35 mph zone. about 3 years ago, he wascoming down our road and hit our dog. She was blind and going to the bathroom across the dirt road in the woods. She didn't even see him. Said he was going slow.......yeah right. She could hear, but not see she could've moved if he was going slow.........anyway, back to my topic. This make me sooooooo mad. the state trooper had stopped him last week for something about the tag on his car. My husband knows him and he was talking to him and said the trooper was going to "cook his goose". Doesn't make anything different, Im sore around my arms and chest, and my kids are shook up. Ticks me off! He cut his head somehow, but he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Luckily my air bag didn't go off. Man.........this just burns me up!
sorry had to vent

CatrinaF25
01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
no need to be sorry!! :( so sorry you was in an accident with a driver that dont seem to care:( glad your all ok! :(

Blondiex46
01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
glad it wasn't too bad.

miralys
01-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I am glad there were no serious injuries. What a horrible thing to have happen. {{hugs****

amysusi
01-04-2005, 03:27 PM
That's terrible. I'm sorry it had to take you to teach him a lesson the hard way, but I'm glad you are alright.

***CUPID***
01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
let's hope it does teach him a lesson. some people just don't learn.

Man, I am feeling the JOLT now. I am sore. Probably be worse tomorrow. So far, no one has any bruises.

Tadbit
01-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Cupid, you should go get checked out by your Chiropractor or at least your doctor. You may be just sore today but you might have injured yourself worse than you know. Sometimes these things don't show up until later and you won't be able to make him pay for it if it's not documented in time. They say whiplash doesn't even show up sometimes for up to 12 hours later. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. How old is that guy anyway. Is he so old that maybe he shouldn't have his driver's license? I was just wondering because I don't remember seeing anything about his age. Sometimes when senior citizens get too old to drive they refuse to give up thier keys. Maybe this should be looked into. I know when I get too old to drive, I hope my daughters take away my keys to protect me as well as other drivers, if I don't hand them over to begin with.

NiteQueen
01-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Im glad everyone is ok....I would go get check by a dr tho just to make sure theres nothing else wrong better to be safe then sorry.

schsa
01-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Did the other guy get cited by the police for reckless driving? Do you have his insurance information? If so, go to a doctor and get everyone checked out. Expecially your son who hit his head. Then submit everything to his insurance to pay for it. Head injuries can be much worse than they originally appear and you yourself want to be sure you haven't broken anything internally.

This moron needs to spend some time in jail.

Shann
01-05-2005, 11:26 PM
{{hugs**** wow, i'm glad it wasn't worse than it was. :( what a jerk! I swear ppl are driving like morons more and more these days... but to be on the wrong side of the road completely! sounds like he needs to lose his license permanetly :mad: (sorry..i hate stupid drivers!) Anyways, I agree with the others, you should ALL go to the Dr. and get checked out just to be on the safe side. You'll prob have to pay for it all but will get reimbursed from the insurance company. (When I was in an accident they dr. never put my visit through the insurance...apparantly if you are in a car accident, health insurance doesn't cover it.) I hope you feel better soon!

***CUPID***
01-14-2005, 11:47 AM
here is an update on my wreck.
Yesterday my hubby talked to the man whose house the wreck was in front of. That man stayed until the cop was finished citing the driver.
He was charge with the following:
wreckless driving
failure to stop
dead tag
false registration
obstruction of tail lights
leaving the scene
speeding

I think that about covers it! they threw the book at him.
I am still recovering. Most of the soreness is gone. Still a little pain in my left shoulder and lower back. The doc still has not released me.

***CUPID***
01-30-2005, 07:45 PM
another update!!!

My car is now fixed. Looks like new!!!

we are getting ready to settle of depreciation and soon to follow will be my doctor bills.

iluvmybaby
01-31-2005, 05:22 PM
I am so thankful to hear that everything work out and that your car is fix. Quick querstion though, did you or your children recieve any injuries from this accident? Like a previous Op said it is possible to be hurt and not know it until the adrenline wears off, whiplash is something painful and I know you said that your little boy hit his head on the window, did he check out OK what a doctor?
I am thankful that no one was hurt and thankful that the man was charged for his negligence, a friend of mine was hit on her moped by an older mail that was in no condition to be driving because of bad eyesight/hearing and literally flattened, breaking many bones, teeth, and doing internal damage as well as spinal damanage, she now lives in pain 24/7 always and has more then a quarter of a million dolalrs of medical debt from 3 months in ICU and that is AFTER her insurance pays.
I wish t hat there was a law cracking down on ppl about reckless driving, that they lose their license instead of a slap on the hand or a fine, a lot of ppls lives would be saved

tsquared
01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
glad it wasnt any more serious than it was. Good to hear you all got out with just bumps and bruises.