PDA

View Full Version : The Murmeister in the sandbox

nanajoanie
12-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Mur got back to Kuwait about 8 pm last night. He e-mailed us:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > Just wanted you to know that I'm back now. We got into Kuwait airport at
>about 8pm and we just now got back to Camp *********. It's ten minutes til 1am.
>I'm gonna hit the rack and I'll call you tomorrow OK. Long trip, I'm beat.
>One thing is for sure............I'm missin' you already. I don't think I
>mentioned it while I was home but I want to sincerely thank you for the
>sacrifice that you're making just like me. I know everyone calls me the
>hero but you and the kids sacrifice every day without me and I want you to
>know that means the world to me. I couldn't last over here without your
>love and support. Thank you so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He did call today and he leaves on a mission tomorrow. We never know where he is going, only when he gets back to tell us he was safe or that it wasn't his unit that got hit. I'm so thankful I have all you BBS friends to help me thru this. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that he comes home in March the same as he left here, in one piece and joking and smiling.

Tadbit
12-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Awwe. bet you were glad to hear from him Nana. Glad to hear he had a safe trip back. Now you get to wait for that phone call. Give him a warm hello from all of us here at BBS. :)

BigLyd1
12-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Ah, he sounds like such a sweetheart! My SS is in Kuwait also. It makes me wonder how big of a place it is and if the troops are all in the same general area.

nanajoanie
12-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Ah, he sounds like such a sweetheart! My SS is in Kuwait also. It makes me wonder how big of a place it is and if the troops are all in the same general area.

The troops are stationed all over Kuwait and Iraq and Afganistan. Some of the bases are huge with several units in them. Some of the PX's are as big as a super Wallyworld. It's just noisy with all the generators going for their power. Maybe someone could find and post a map of the region (Jolie Rouge maybe, please pretty please) and then you would see the names of the cities on the news.

june72
12-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Our prayers go to Mur and all the soldiers for there safe return home. Also for the families at home.

tracyb
12-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I am glad he has contacted you again. I like his message bout what he says that he didnt mentioned this this this............some things are just meant to be said when your not in the presence of that person,know what i mean.......might have been to heartbreaking for him to tell you face to face.....many blessing will be with him through spirit
hugs,,,,,hugs,,,,,,,,,,,hugs,,,,,,,,,,,hugs....... ...........hugs...............hugs,..........hugs.