PDA

View Full Version : Rewards were up

mficke0713
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
First time I remembered in a long time--still as slow as ever and the Subway was all gone when the page finally loaded. :(

groundy
12-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Sorry for venting, but I am do disgusted with this, that I am thinking of quitting. Don't know how other people feel. I love playing, but it is a waste of time if I am never going to get anything. I really didn't much care if I didn't get anything the last couple of weeks, but I see now again that they are putting up the aa miles for Tuesday. I had been doing the AA through this and Kellogg's, of which the latter is closing. The last time I got anything was Sept. I am short of getting my ticket and desperate for these. Is there any knack to this when trying for a certificate. Do you hit back and go back to the beginning or just hit refresh, when it says that another person has gotten 1, yet there are supposedly 4 left? I have slow dial-up and I am ready to give-up-LOL! I guess if I don't laugh, I will cry!

rosiesbrat
12-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry for venting, but I am do disgusted with this, that I am thinking of quitting. Don't know how other people feel. I love playing, but it is a waste of time if I am never going to get anything. I really didn't much care if I didn't get anything the last couple of weeks, but I see now again that they are putting up the aa miles for Tuesday. I had been doing the AA through this and Kellogg's, of which the latter is closing. The last time I got anything was Sept. I am short of getting my ticket and desperate for these. Is there any knack to this when trying for a certificate. Do you hit back and go back to the beginning or just hit refresh, when it says that another person has gotten 1, yet there are supposedly 4 left? I have slow dial-up and I am ready to give-up-LOL! I guess if I don't laugh, I will cry!

With only 15 available, I wouldn't even bother trying with dial up. I have cable, but like mficke0713 posted, all the Subway were gone when I tried today, due to the slow site. The only way you'll get any, is if no one with cable or DSL wants them and remembers in time. Do you know anyone with a faster computer you could borrow that day? If not, maybe they put AA up in the auctions? You don't have to be fast for that, just have a lot of points.

Annietd
12-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Well, I have a cable modem and I find that I'm lucky to get something half of the time. I used to be able to get a reward any time I wanted. I really don't know of any trick to get a reward. I believe it's getting harder and harder because there's so many more people playing and the same number of rewards given out. Maybe if people started complaining they would do something about it.
I didn't get anything today but I did on Monday. I know that I'm going to continue to write e-mails to them!

Anne :)

gibber
12-29-2004, 06:30 PM

The only time that I didn't get a $10 GC when other people were waiting to get their orders filled, I hit the BACK button and got a $5 GC. Hardly anyone posts what they get on here anymore, or if anyone has been having problems. I have seen posts where a lot of people using dial-up getting rewards. I do have cable, and have only missed getting a reward when I tried once since July. There are some tricks that I've learned, but I'm not willing to share my secret. It helps if you play computer games a lot and are real fast using a mouse.

I did get a $10 Subway, but I left 24 others for you mficke0713. Sorry that you didn't get one. :( I'm at work, and need to run some samples, so it's time to get off of here for a while and play my games later. Congrats to everyone who did get something. :)

chicodog
12-29-2004, 11:55 PM
I ordered the subway and it stalled when I had to enter my password. When it finally loaded it said that it was all out. I have cable and I haven't won anything in a shopping spree in months.

gibber
12-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Sorry about your bad luck, chicodog. :( The only time I didn't get a reward in the last 6 months was once when it did like it did to you. The $5 GCs should be a sure thing, and the only time I didn't get a $10 GC besides that time....I clicked back and still got a $5 GC. RTV needs to add a larger amount of rewards so the people having problems getting something can cash in.

mficke0713
12-30-2004, 03:51 AM
I think it's just the luck of the draw. I have cable--but it doesn't help when the site itself gets so slow--or just freezes up entirely. I use most of my points in the auctions now--it costs a lot more points, but it sure is a lot less hassle. :p

gibber
12-30-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry about disagreeing, mficke. I've only had a problem with the site being slow and one freeze up in the last 6 months. It doesn't matter whether I get my GCs on the Sprees at home or at work. I am selective about which computers I do use at work for the Sprees though. A couple in the lab do get slow on a web sites. June was the worst month for freeze ups and getting the blue screen. It probably happened to almost everyone. I've never tried bidding in an auction, but why should I when I've been spending over a million points a month in the Sprees? I usually have what I want and am off of RTV in about 5-10 seconds...and that's not slow. Bedtime for me. I'll finish playing at work tonight. It's even more fun playing RTV when I'm getting paid for doing it. :D

mficke0713
12-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm sorry about disagreeing, mficke. I've only had a problem with the site being slow and one freeze up in the last 6 months. It doesn't matter whether I get my GCs on the Sprees at home or at work. I am selective about which computers I do use at work for the Sprees though. A couple in the lab do get slow on a web sites. June was the worst month for freeze ups and getting the blue screen. It probably happened to almost everyone. I've never tried bidding in an auction, but why should I when I've been spending over a million points a month in the Sprees? I usually have what I want and am off of RTV in about 5-10 seconds...and that's not slow. Bedtime for me. I'll finish playing at work tonight. It's even more fun playing RTV when I'm getting paid for doing it. :D
It happens to me both at work and at home---and at work I have a brand new computer which is very fast and DSL and still the site freezes up and I get a white screen. There are times when people with dial-up get in and people with cable don't. So I still think it's a lot of luck, and perhaps RewardTV has some kind of control over who gets in. The $5 GC's are easier to get--but when it comes to the $10 Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot or Toys 'R Us---it is really hard. Every now and then I am able to get one though. :p

bethieb
12-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I used to get a reward at least once a week, but I haven't been able to get one in about two months. I'm on cable, so speed is not a problem. I haven't had much time to play lately because of family obligations, so I don't have huge points; but it is sure discouraging to never get a reward. :(

groundy
12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Guess I will try and build up my points then and try for the auction. Don't have near the points that you gals and guys probably do, but I don't get on as much as I used to either. Thanks for all the help! I had been trying for the $5 certs too, but my computer is too slow or else, I just don't have the luck of the draw-LOL! Maybe next year will bring better luck!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

gibber
12-30-2004, 08:15 PM
It happens to me both at work and at home---and at work I have a brand new computer which is very fast and DSL and still the site freezes up and I get a white screen. There are times when people with dial-up get in and people with cable don't. So I still think it's a lot of luck, and perhaps RewardTV has some kind of control over who gets in. The $5 GC's are easier to get--but when it comes to the $10 Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot or Toys 'R Us---it is really hard. Every now and then I am able to get one though. :p

I haven't got the white screen or a site freeze except for one time in the last 6 months. I don't think RTV has any kind of control over who gets in. Some of my friends on another board almost always get what they want on the Sprees too. RTV wouldn't be letting just certain people get rewards. Speed definitely has a lot to do with it. I never try for the Lowe's, Home Depot, or Toys 'R Us...but I have got a few Wal-Marts. Hope you have better luck in the future, mficke0713! Good luck to everyone else on the Sprees. :)