PDA

View Full Version : OWWW ear infection!

taz69
12-28-2004, 10:05 PM
It's midnight, and I have an ear infection - started hurting a couple of hours ago - have tried heating pads, cleaning it with peroxide and using a heating pad, but it hurts! - come on 8 am so the Dr opens!

barbaric
12-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Take some Tylenol or Motrin, that should help the pain. Do not put anything in your ear until your doctor can check it out. I am sorry and hope you feel better soon.

*lilo*
12-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I know this sounds odd, but my sister swears by it. put a little bit of sweet oil, like baby oil, make it warm and put it in your ear then cover your ear with a cotton ball. hth, if not i hope you feel better after the drs.

tracyb
12-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I know this sounds odd, but my sister swears by it. put a little bit of sweet oil, like baby oil, make it warm and put it in your ear then cover your ear with a cotton ball. hth, if not i hope you feel better after the drs.
nope we heat up a little bit of milk and put in the ear
not to hot think you have pain now..... :eek: .......baby oil wont heat i tried it but any warm in the ear will help......make sure if you try this to wash ears out good in the morning before going to dr. :D

june72
12-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Sweet oil will work and as tracyb said warm milk will do the trick to. Have three boys and use it whenever I need to. I even told my Dr. that i used warm milk. But when it is in the middle of the night and they are crying in pain, you do what is nec. I love the old home remedies.
I Pray for God to heal it fast.

SmucknFart
12-29-2004, 05:34 AM
My hubby's uncle just told me last night to try the sweet oil, as my ear's been bugging me too!

miralys
12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
I always use the sweet oil and similisan (sp) has something for earaches as well. I know it won't help the infection but it helps the pain.

taz69
12-29-2004, 08:10 PM
The warm oil and hair dryer helped - saw Dr and got antibiotics and pain pills. Just woke up/lol, feels soooooo much better. Thanks for all the support!