PDA

View Full Version : ebay???

cookiegirl
12-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Has anyone ever rec'd an email like this from ebay before. It just does not look right to me. I contacted ebay yesterday have not heard back yet.
I am not a seller, that is why it looks fake. I did not click on the link because at the bottom it states requires info update, including credit card number??

Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further.Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:
http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

eBay will request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in this email.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This eBay notice was sent to you based on your eBay account preferences. If you would like to review your notification preferences for other types of communications, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text only, click here.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Would ebay ask for this. I am not comfortable with this. And if it is ebay, they can kick me off, I am not giving out my password or credit card info.

Thanks for your help

*lilo*
12-28-2004, 01:00 PM
forward it to ebay, i had this issue a while back and it was a fradulent email.

mizzy62
12-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I would bet my last dollar that is a scam. Ebay never asks for such things through an email. Do NOT do anything, until they contact you, and do NOT contact them with any links in that email. Go to ebay directly, and find the people to contact on the website, not through the email you got.
HTH

navywife
It is a fake....please DO NOT reply to it, forward it to spoof@ebay.com

Aloha from paradise
I think it's fake :eek: :eek: E bay say's on it's real site that you should never give that info out. The fake one was going around awhile back. I didn't get a letter from e bay and I'm registered so DO NOT give them the info. Did you send a copy of this e mail to e bay? If not I think you should.

cookiegirl
12-28-2004, 06:07 PM
thank you all so much. I really had a bad feeling about it. I did foward it to ebay.
Good thing we have each other. Can you imagine people who do not and get these types of emails and possibly respond.

Barbi_Route66
12-28-2004, 08:55 PM
It sounds like a scam to me. I don't think that Ebay would send out an email asking for your credit card number.

A while back I got an email from Citibank & it asked for my social security number so that they could verify my account. I reported it to Yahoo as spam.

CAMSmama
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
A while back I got an email from Citibank & it asked for my social security number so that they could verify my account..

I got this too, I knew it was fake because I don't even have an account with citibank.

miralys
12-29-2004, 10:04 AM
I always foward any emails like that I get. If it is for real then they can CALL ME or send a letter. They have my info.