PDA

View Full Version : Oprahs Africa update (am crying)

gingerswit
12-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I am crying so much! Oprah is giving more to help African people. She is giving 1m for school clothes and paying the mothers to make them! She gave teachers their salary for 3 years!!!! Those teachers love their jobs so much that they work for free most of the time! That is dedication! she is helping children who were prostitutes too. She gave alicia keys 4m for her foundation. She is giving much more then I can share but I am crying! Oh and giving medication too!

****update

Boy I think she is wonderful! And still crying! Her updates on the kids from the last show are wonderful!!

gingerswit
12-23-2004, 03:54 PM
she is showing how people of the us are donating too. Ok I will stop crying now.

DivineMsDi
12-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I watched this this afternoon. You can't help but be touched. I think the S.A. government needs to help these kids, however. Now the government is in the hand of the Black people, they should be doing something.

Africa is a cesspool and a hot bed of trouble because of corrupt governments. No matter how much we give, it will never solve the problem because of the corruption there. I admire Oprah and people who give, but I keep worrying about Americans here.

Sorry to turn this political. Oprah and her Angels do good work.

gingerswit
12-23-2004, 08:42 PM
well what she did really made me cry. I believe in what you said but it was really wonderful of her to make that little dent.

Guyreino
12-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah! She makes her money in America and shipit to Africa.

It seems to me that there are schools in this country without inside plumbing and children that are homeless and it goes unnoticed buy her. Probally because it's an African thing. Oh well i am sure they appreciate it but i believe in homeland first.

Merry Christmas

Willow
12-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah! She makes her money in America and shipit to Africa.

It seems to me that there are schools in this country without inside plumbing and children that are homeless and it goes unnoticed buy her. Probally because it's an African thing. Oh well i am sure they appreciate it but i believe in homeland first.

Merry Christmas

She has helped lots of people here in America. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to help people of her heritage.

RBAYLOR
12-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Take a look at how the Angel Network started...in the USA. Make sure to click on "View Gallery". Oprah is trying to help those in need, no matter where they are from or where they live. ;)

http://www.oprah.com/uyl/slide/20020211/uyl_slide_20020211_about_03.jhtml

Happy Holidays!

gingerswit
12-24-2004, 01:58 PM
I am greatful that she is helping them. I thought I was bad off then I saw how BAD those people are living I mean dying. Those are our felow human beings who have it far worse then any other people on this planet. Yes there are kids who need to be placed here and homeless people here too. But those in Africa don't have the options that we here in america have. If Oprah wants to help then God Bless HER!