PDA

View Full Version : ok,it's foofin cold, 6-8 inches for us (expected)

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Wed
Dec 22 Snow 27°/21° 80 %
Thu
Dec 23 Snow / Wind 24°/7° 80 %

Kelly??? How is it there?

cleaningla
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
It's 24 here, but only 1-3" snow is expected.

Tomorrow's high 22 low 7

Thursady high 9 Low -5 :eek:

YankeeMary
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
YUCKY for you...I am so sick of snow so glad I am in Georgia and we don't get snow like that. Its cold here in the AM but by afternoon, by son was wearing shorts and we were out and about...stay warm and safe.

flute
12-21-2004, 06:56 PM
They're calling for 6-10" here. *sigh*
Teacher thought I was crazy, because I don't have a job. (that apparently means I am deab, blind & dumb)
sorry I'm not in a good mood.

MamaFairal
12-21-2004, 06:59 PM
nothing predicted for us all week.....thank god :)

janelle
12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
DAVESBABYDOLL please check your PMs.

catssass
12-21-2004, 07:24 PM
We just had a dusting of snow buts its COLD and the high tommorrow is 2 degrees/with a windchill factor of 20-30 below zero...typical Minnesota winter...lol and I was out finishing my shopping with just a sweater on :D

SCRAPPIN'
12-21-2004, 08:00 PM
catssass, that sounds just like us over here in North Dakota. We are currently at 0 degrees and tomorrow the windchill is supposed to be very low. We have hardly any snow, and I hope it stays that way!

By the way, I too finished my shopping today, in a t-shirt and zip up sweatshirt. Somebody asked me why I didn't have a heavier coat on, and I told her because I figure maybe my skin will get thicker and then it won't feel so cold! haha.

nanajoanie
12-21-2004, 08:10 PM
When it's real cold I wear a jacket to the car and til the car warms up, usually about the time I get to where ever I'm going. Then I take my jacket off and leave it in the car. Too hot and bulky to wear in the stores. I live in turtleneck shirts and vests or sweaters all winter so need for jackets indoors. Can everyone say HEAT WAVE??? We are going to low 60's tomorrow and mid to upper 60's Thurs. And just 2 days ago we were 9 degrees in the morning. Don't know what to wear this winter other than layers and then peel them off one by one :D

catssass
12-21-2004, 08:17 PM
catssass, that sounds just like us over here in North Dakota. We are currently at 0 degrees and tomorrow the windchill is supposed to be very low. We have hardly any snow, and I hope it stays that way!

By the way, I too finished my shopping today, in a t-shirt and zip up sweatshirt. Somebody asked me why I didn't have a heavier coat on, and I told her because I figure maybe my skin will get thicker and then it won't feel so cold! haha.

Yep, I think we're getting your weather, I love it, just enough snow to cover the grass but little enough to drive around...perfect! I tease my hubby when I put on my sweater, I ask if he likes my "winter coat"...lol

sivohdarba
12-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Yup, same predictions here Dback! We have a winter storm watch in effect until Thursday evening. I live in Michigan about 10 minutes from Ohio---we are stuck in that crazy jet flow where sometimes we get it and sometimes we don't! I sure hope we get some snow for Christmas, but that the roads will be clear on Christmas day so my kids can see their family in Lansing!
Happy Holidays!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Yup, same predictions here Dback! We have a winter storm watch in effect until Thursday evening. I live in Michigan about 10 minutes from Ohio---we are stuck in that crazy jet flow where sometimes we get it and sometimes we don't! I sure hope we get some snow for Christmas, but that the roads will be clear on Christmas day so my kids can see their family in Lansing!
Happy Holidays!

LOL,you mean me?DBD? lol You are not far from me,I'm 45 min. south of Toledo...

Ok,heard on the radio..UP TO 18 inches in some areas?? :confused:

tsquared
12-22-2004, 04:43 AM
1 to 3 inches here and then high of 48 and then 53..............weather this time of year is so finiky

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-22-2004, 05:07 AM
1 to 3 inches here and then high of 48 and then 53..............weather this time of year is so finiky

Mother nature should be a man..finiky like a man.

kelly12569
12-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Kelly??? How is it there?

Hey girl! You stayin warm?? It warmed up for a day now its gonna get cold again!! I think you are in store for more snow than we are. It looks like we will just get the tip of the storm before it heads your way. As long as it holds off until the kids get home from school today. We have a winter storm warning for tonight. Southern Indiana is supposed to get bombarded with snow which is odd because usually we get the majority up in the northern part of the state. Be safe the rest of this week when the snow starts falling !!

Important Message
Winter storm warning today through Thursday afternoon.

Today
Cloudy. A chance of light snow then snow in the afternoon. Colder. Highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Tonight
Snow. Areas of blowing snow after midnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulation 7 inches. Lows around 16. North winds 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight.

Thursday
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Areas of blowing snow in the morning. Brisk. Highs in the lower 20s. North winds 20 to 25 mph.

Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 5. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

flute
12-22-2004, 07:15 AM
it was 1-3" expected last night, with the rest to come tonight!

We gor our snow. I haven't measured it though. (LOL)

Tasha405
12-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Ok,heard on the radio..UP TO 18 inches in some areas?? :confused:Yep, I seen that on channel 5 news (I think it was) last night. They said that people north of Columbus (us, lol) could get up to 18 inches! :eek:

Lora_1994
12-22-2004, 07:23 AM
HEY ALL YOU IN OHIO... YOUR GOING TO GET THE SNOW. THIS IS WHAT I WOKE UP TO THIS MORNING AND ITS STILL SNOWING. HOPE YOU ALL STAY WARM AND SAFE.

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A WHITE CHRISTMAS AFTER ALL!!! :) :) :)

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL522/2924544/5906345/77440931.jpg WE'VE EASILY GOT 8 INCHES OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

sivohdarba
12-22-2004, 10:58 PM
LOL,you mean me?DBD? lol You are not far from me,I'm 45 min. south of Toledo...

Ok,heard on the radio..UP TO 18 inches in some areas?? :confused:

LOL! I had part of it right DBD!! Yes, I meant you :o

tsquared
12-23-2004, 04:57 AM
Mother nature should be a man..finiky like a man.
Are you sure you want to talk finiky?????? :) :) :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Are you sure you want to talk finiky?????? :) :) :)

Yep,get to talkin :)

flute
12-23-2004, 05:24 AM
It is 0 degrees right now.

I'm still cold from checking a few minutes ago.

Thaw me out!!