PDA

View Full Version : I really thought I lived in Florida

bell_peaches
12-15-2004, 08:43 PM
It is only 33 freezing dregrees here. What the heck happened?????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad :confused: When I got up this morning it was 27 wind chill of 20. Where did the heat go it was 80 last week. I just had to go out and buy my son a jacket. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Next monday is suppose to be colder yet.

buglebe
12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Which part of Florida?

bell_peaches
12-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Central Florida right outside of Ocala

freebielover
12-15-2004, 09:04 PM
I wish it was 33 degrees, its 3 degrees here! 33 is pretty darn low for Florida though!

bell_peaches
12-15-2004, 09:06 PM
We are in a deep frost warning again. Hope they picked all the oranges. All are plants are wrapped hopefuly they will live through this .

onfire4god57
12-15-2004, 09:07 PM
I agree Bell. This weather is unbelievable. Gee, just Sunday we were in shirt sleeves and sweating, now we can't stop shivering. Hubby and I don't even own winter coats. The warmest thing we own are sweatshirts.

We now have wind gusts of 25mph. We're going to be frozen by morning. Gosh doesn't Mother Nature know that people that live in south Florida that most of the house don't have heat!!!!

I think Santa better bring us some longjohns, and winter coats, and gloves and hats and lots of warm clothing.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bell_peaches
12-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Baught some logs tonight for the fire place got home to late to burn one so I will light a fire tomarrow and enjoy a fire hot drink and cover myself in the heaviest cloths I can find. I am freezing in here tonight . I thought I was cold my friend ran out of propane 2 days ago . they would not be able to deliver it till today. they were so chilly last night. she now has and electric heater . LOL sitting here typing this and my weather bug alert just went off lol well 20 mph winds and wind chill of 24 lol I think I am having flash backs of NJ. LOL I want my shorts and tee shirts back.

onfire4god57
12-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Oh boy, now that we got the price of tomatoes to come down, now the oranges will skyrocket!

And I'm jealous I don't have a fireplace. Trying to picture in my mind which wall could be turned into a fireplace.

buglebe
12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
We are coming down to south Florida to Pompano Beach in Jan and it BETTER be warm by then. LOL We already experienced all the darn hurricanes and don't want cold weather now. This will probably be our last year to go down too.

bell_peaches
12-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I have a fireplace seperating to parts of the living room so I have the couch and recliner on one side. then the other is the love seat and computer section. so I can watch tv or chat on line with you all. and I stay toasty because the recliner and computer are both the nearest to the fireplace. I love the double glass doors. Lol we lit a fire last week I forgot to open the flu. well we had the ac on and the house was full of smoke. lol I was trying to get everyone into the christmas spirit. so I made it cold in here and lit a fire. lol no I wish I could light the fire but it is to late. I will not go to bed if the fireplace is on or even warm just a fear I have

buglebe were in florida is that beach??????

buglebe
12-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Pompano Beach is next to Ft Lauderdale in Broward County.

delSol
12-16-2004, 07:37 AM
I wait all year for it to cool down here - I love the way the cats go crazy running all over the house!

nanajoanie
12-16-2004, 07:45 AM
I lived in Tampa, FL many years ago. I think it was 1975 when it snowed. Everyone was out in the yards making snowballs in their jammies and slippers, even the retirees :D All we had for warmth was a fireplace. We hung huge dropcloths at the 2 doorways, got out the sleeping bags and slept on the living room floor. Had a small electric heater for the bathroom. Turned the oven on to heat the kitchen long enough to be fairly comfortable eating breakfast. And the snow would be gone before mid morning :D