PDA

View Full Version : What a crappy day!

belleofpa
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
:eek: First thing this morning, 6:15 am I'm awakened by my DH just a Edited because we have no water. The pump is running all night and nothing is happening! He has me call a water well drilling company to see if they will come check it out. Well they came about an hour ago and checked everything. The pump is fine.... our freaking water well is almost dry!!! Now this couldnt have happened before we got 10 inches of snow on the ground. Anyhow the man gives me an estimate of $3350.00 to drill a new well. We pretty much new we were going to have to do this, it just really sucks. We just bought this house in May, the realtor never told us how far down our well went.... we find out from our new neighbor that its ONLY 60 feet deep! Shouldnt the realtor have told us this? I asked her about the well and all she said was "I'm not sure." WTH? You're the realtor, you're selling this house and you know nothing about it?? The man from the drilling Co. told me I should talk to the bank that financed for us and call the realtor and ask them what if anything they will do to deter some of the costs for this new well.... Shouldnt they have told us about this beforehand?
Well to make matter worse for the day...along with not being able to do dishes, take a shower...etc...... I figured I would turn on the TV and watch soaps for an hour...guess what? All the freakin' snow we got yesterday is on the satelite dish so now I cant get and reception.

I give up! I want to just go to bed and not get back up, its one thing after another anymore.

Can't wait til DH gets home from work so I can give him the bad news, should be fun around here tonight.... NOT! :(

Do not attempt to go around the language filter. The next offense will result in a 3 day suspention of the account.

freeplease
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
You poor thing. Maybe you could go out and get that snow off the satelite, melt it down, and do your dishes? Just a thought. lol ;)

tsquared
12-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I got a plan.............go take your shower outside as the snow melts off the dish......lol J/k
I think i would be looking at a realtor contract and finding out just what her job was when you was purchasing the house and i would also look at what rights you have being a new homeowner. Maybe the old homeowner kept this info quiet for a reason. Look into things and dont just let it slide for the previous owner and the realtor.

belleofpa
12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Yea, if the satelite dish wasnt on top of the roof that would be an idea. :rolleyes:

DivineMsDi
12-14-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry about this. I hope you get it taken care of without it being too much $ or hassle.

NEVER TRUST your happy go lucky realtor. I am sorry if anyone on here does it as a job, but I think it is a profession full of (well, I am not allowed to say it.) :rolleyes:

JMO--(I'm another one of their victims. We lost our lifesavings in a house where they LIED and hid things from us. ) Whenever we asked the realtor any questions, she was very vague.

We learned the hard way. I hope you don't have too much more trouble w/your home.

belleofpa
12-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Divine...I did get enough water pressure to finally get my dishes done.
If there is a lawyer in the house, how about some advise before I go screaming at everyone about this. :confused:

DivineMsDi
12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Not a lawyer...lol...another "profession" on my list I cannot stand.

Anyhow, they might tell you at this point, after all these months, you have no recourse to do anything. Wish we would have sued at the time. Then again, lawyers like to chase cases for $$, so maybe you will find someone to give you some help.

gwens29
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
if city water is avaiable it has to be cheaper than 3350 dollars id try to get city water the only other choice is to scoop some clean snow and melt in a pot to do the dishes if its boiled first it should be fine :)

callsheb
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
I feel for you we live in the country and we have water freeze on us every winter if the kids forget to leave the water run in the middle of the night. So i have when we can get out cause of to much snow go take a big pot fill with good clean snow(make sure it is not yellow) and melt it down to do dishes or whatever i needed to do with it. It is a pain in the butt but if you have no other way you do what you have to do to keep dishes up or flush your stool with or whatever. They do not come down our road with a snow plow until half of us on the road call the county and complain.

belleofpa
12-14-2004, 02:15 PM
if city water is avaiable it has to be cheaper than 3350 dollars id try to get city water the only other choice is to scoop some clean snow and melt in a pot to do the dishes if its boiled first it should be fine :)

No, I'm out in the boonies...no city water up here. There is a spring about 5 miles from us, guess we will have to haul water for a while.

YankeeMary
12-14-2004, 07:09 PM
What about the home warranty...mostly usless but it might be worth a try. If not try your homeowners insurance. Good luck.

belleofpa
12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I talked to the realtor that we bought from this morning, she suggested that I get the statement from the water well drilling co. and send it along with a letter to the sellers lawyer. She seems to think that we may be able to get at least some of the money back for the new well.