PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone reward for shopping through Amazon??

Tracey10
12-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Anyone know??

reford
12-14-2004, 07:11 AM
I've always heard that the answer is no. I'm am Amazon affiliate myself and our agreement says that we are to in no way, shape, or form give out any incentives for shoppers to use our links.

However, I got an email a few weeks ago from someone who says you CAN earn 1 point per dollar through a program called USAirways Dividend Miles Online Shopping Program. You have to either be a member, or join, the USAirways' Frequent Flyer program. Then, you install a program called their Bonus Bar and shop through it at Amazon. The Bonus Bar only works with IE (not Netscape, not Mozilla). The 1 point per dollar is really 1 mile per dollar and it goes toward earning free travel. But 1pt per dollar isn't much compared to what you'd need to cash out. If you're already in USAirways' Frequent Flyer program, I guess it beats getting 0 miles...but it's definitely not worth joining just for the Amazon points.

Your best bet is to buy Amazon GCs through GiftCertificates.com (where you can earn 3 to 5% depending on the rewards program you shop through).

Becky

mspruite
12-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Grandma is getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be. I vaguely remember something about using the search engine at a9.com and you get a tiny percentage back from your amazon purchase.

Can someone here explain how this works to Tracey??

FloridaGrandma

twinmom65
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
I go through mypoints and order an amazon gift certificate through giftcertificates.com then I can still shop through an affilate link with the gc so the affiliate and I both get credit.

SandynPaul
12-15-2004, 01:13 AM
can you explain how you go through a affliate link then? I have never had a giftcertificates.com gift dollars..... but I am thinking that is all I can cash in for through the allergy/high col. health trak. so i will be getting some soon. Thinking cashing in for online rewards would save the shipping and therefore make it the best choice, but as I said have never had a giftcertificates.com credit nor have I ever purchased there.

Thanks so much!

God Blesses! Sandy

twinmom65
12-15-2004, 05:15 AM
An affiate link is a link from another web site where that site would get a small percentage of the sales. NOT sure if BBS has one as I shop through my twins club link when I shop amazon. I'm sure someone here will know. Anyway each time shops through the link BBS or whoever the affiliate would be gets about 3% of the sale.

HTH.

alicetalks
12-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Here is a site I go to regularly. This site has all of the sites that give points and what sites to click thru www.sdrawer.com