PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any one special thing that means Christmas to you?

buglebe
12-13-2004, 05:29 AM
I don't mean family. We all know that means Christmas. I mean a special ornament or other special thing. I have a beautiful music box with Christmas toys and Santa on the top. I bought it for my mom for Christmas when I was 22. She treasured it and it was always out every Christmas and sometimes she would keep it out all year. The grandchildren were allowed to hold it if they were sitting next to her on the couch and were very careful with it. This was a very special moment. I inheritied it after Mom died 11 years ago.
It comes out at Christmas here now and is my special Christmas thing. It brings back so many memories.

Trishntx
12-13-2004, 09:19 AM
I have a nativity set that my mom passed on to me.. She has since passed on herself and the nativity was always there , faithfully every year that I was growing up. She had it when she first got married and I am now 44. I don't know how old it is, but it is getting pretty frayed, but just to look at it, reminds me of each and every Christmas growing up. It actually sets on a piece of felt and has some plastic snow that is as old as the set itself. You wouldn't think a little plastic snow could be so special but it is.

I also have my stocking from when I was one year old. It is 44 years old this year, all my family members have theirs from the day they were born as well. I treasure my stockings. I hope my children care enough to carry on my tradition.

fatesfaery
12-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I have a white church with a red roof that has a light in it that plays Silent Night, stockings that look like real stockings (socks), a set of angels holding musical instruments and noel ceramic candle holders each letter is a separate candle holder. They all belonged to my nanny. I have old black and white pictures from the 40s of their house at Christmas with these decorations. I also have a plastic angel tree topper that belonged to her from the 50s......I saw the same tree topper on ebay last year, went for a small fortune. I don't use mine on my tree, but there's no way I'd ever sell it.

laughsalot
12-13-2004, 10:47 AM
WOw~you all have such wonderful special things. My Grandmother who I call GeeGee has gotten me a silver bell every Christmas for the past 10 years and it is my most cherished gift. Every year I polish them and set them out and just admire them. When I look at them I feel safe and loved.

joesbaby
12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
my mom and i give each other a penguine every year. it is a running joke..when shes too old to care for herself..ill not put her in a home..ill set her adrift on an ice berg but ill make sure there are penguines for her to talk to. its been a joke for many years, and every year we look for the penguine. the one i got her last year sits on her living room table all year round. its cute.

ericka