PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain how Reward TV works

Nanc952
12-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Am new at this and what few GC they offer don't look like you ever get anything there so is this worth all the time or do you feel like you earn anything? If so how?

Thanks

FreeBnutt
12-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Am new at this and what few GC they offer don't look like you ever get anything there so is this worth all the time or do you feel like you earn anything? If so how?

Thanks

I guess it all depends on how much time you are willing to put into it. If you expect to put in about 5 minutes of your time, then don't bother. This is not the reward program for you.

I know my time to play RTV varies, and the average is about 30 to 45 minutes a day, and I remember one Monday about a couple weeks ago I spent about 4 hours, cuz of all the bonus games, and all depends on how many commercial searches I have to do, and if the site cooperates.

I'm sure NO ONE will complain about what they have received from RTV and the time it takes to get the reward. They deliver very fast.

They do have a lot of GCs and other things, all depends on what reward section you choose. For this year I've gotten over $200.00 worth of GCs and merchandise from them, and didn't have to do any kind of 'shopping' or spending money to get them. I really lucked out this year :)

dv8grl
12-13-2004, 09:25 AM
I am also new to RTV & wondering
~ How many points a day should I be trying to get to really make this worth my time?
-TIA.... Niki :D

dreemin
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
on a regular day, you can get around 4000 pts per game times 5 games so around 20,000 pts a day.

Nanc952
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess it all depends on how much time you are willing to put into it. If you expect to put in about 5 minutes of your time, then don't bother. This is not the reward program for you.

I know my time to play RTV varies, and the average is about 30 to 45 minutes a day, and I remember one Monday about a couple weeks ago I spent about 4 hours, cuz of all the bonus games, and all depends on how many commercial searches I have to do, and if the site cooperates.

I'm sure NO ONE will complain about what they have received from RTV and the time it takes to get the reward. They deliver very fast.

They do have a lot of GCs and other things, all depends on what reward section you choose. For this year I've gotten over $200.00 worth of GCs and merchandise from them, and didn't have to do any kind of 'shopping' or spending money to get them. I really lucked out this year :)

I am not complaining about my time when you are poor your time does not have to count if you want to get anything. But with all the programs out there you have to chose the one who will pay you the best.

What I said is how do you get anything for all the time it takes.

Site says there are three ways to cash in points
AUCTIONS only one person can win there per auction

SHOPPING SPREE this week only 115 people can get them and only on 12-15 at 3:00 PME and not all of us can be on the computer at that time plus if you ahve dail up people with dsl will surely get in first.

SWEEPSTAKES give points to be in on it and I never win anything

So what I am saying is this like Startsampling where you get a bunch of points and never get to cash out at least at Startsampling you do get samples at times.

FreeBnutt
12-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I see your point, if you have the time it will be well worth it. Don't get discouraged cuz you have dial-up. Sites can control who will get first choice on how they connect to the internet. RTV does periodically give a survey on how you connect to the internet.

I remember about 18 months ago the one's who had dial up were about the only ones who got the Shopping Spree's cuz of multiple complaints they had no advantage. I remember cuz my sister lived across the hall, and she has DSL, and I only have dial up and she yelled across to me to see if I can get on RTV and try for a Shopping Spree cuz she thought the site was down. I got a KFC GC with NO problems, and noticed on the boards other members with higher connections were having problems connecting with the site, and a lot who said they only had dial up got the GC's. Also remeber telling her there are still a lot of GC to choose from if she can connect. Also believe it was once a month, cuz at the time they were just starting with various ways for people to win things. They want to make us happy.

Anybody else remember back then, cuz it almost looked like RTV was going to go away, not that long after their beta period, and nothing to spend our points on for about 2 or 3 months????

So don't feel bad dial-ups do get the Shopping Spree's too, and they have more of them now then they did back then.

Comparing RTV to Startsampling or any other -- RTV will win hands down. As for when to expect what you've 'won' depends on what you won. On the average, I've noticed GC take about 4 weeks, give or take a couple days, to get to you. Merchandise can take a couple days (shipping time) up to almost 5 weeks to get to you. AND if you are lucky to win money and they request personal information from you ... SEND IT without thinking twice.