PDA

View Full Version : Since alot of people are short on money

kaysee
12-12-2004, 10:17 PM
for the holidays, my son and i did some really cheap gifts this year to give to family from him and i thought i would share it with you. I know it probably belongs in arts and crafts but im not sure how many people look in there for gift ideas, since its so close to the holidays.

We went and bought dark blue t-shirts at dollar general for 2.50 a piece then purchased a clorox bleach pen(1.99).
I put a piece of cardboard inbetween the front and back of the shirt. I let him design the shirt however he wanted with the gel side of the pen. I let the front dry, couple hours, and we continued on the back making it look like a baseball shirt with a name and a number.At the bottom we wrote his name and the year. Awesome presents for family!!Less than 3.00 per gift!!! P.S. when u r done with the shirts,wash them in cold and let them hang dry.

Gotta love the free priority boxes, hehe all the cardboard in the projects used them.

I cut a 5 by 7 frame out of the box, then let him paint it and put designs on it. Once it dried, we put a recnt pic of my son in it with the year on the back

Took another box and cut a cross out of it. Took colored tissue paper and let him glue it how he wanted on the cross and over lapped the pieces. I then took elmers glue and aded 1/2 water to it, stirred it and brushed the glue over the entire cross so it gave a gloss to it. I took fishing line and attached it to the back so it can be hung up.

Just wanted to give u all a coupke ideas incase anyone needed a last minute homemade gift for under 5.00

Hope i helped someone

ahippiechic
12-12-2004, 10:26 PM
My DD and I made ornaments this year, like you made the crosses. They were easy for her do and they're pretty too. :)

thedragonlady
12-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Someone also posted in the freebie forum although they aren't free, that Dollar Tree has 20 minute AT&T phone cards for just $1.00. I'm definitely going to check tomorrow.

buglebe
12-13-2004, 05:41 AM
These shirts sound like a good fun project to make with my granddaughter this summer. Do the bleach sticks hurt the fabric? Probably wouldn't matter. She is 3. Thanks.

kaysee
12-13-2004, 06:59 AM
These shirts sound like a good fun project to make with my granddaughter this summer. Do the bleach sticks hurt the fabric? Probably wouldn't matter. She is 3. Thanks.

not that i am aware of, mine turn out fine and last

flute
12-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Isabel loves to have her picture taken, and this year we have *even more* people to buy for, so I'm going to take her picture holding up a sign that says "I love you to pieces" and, put it in a picture frame, with puzzle pieces glued around the edge. :)

YankeeMary
12-13-2004, 08:16 AM
Fantastic ideas, thanks for sharing.