PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the welfare system in IL?

NL1720
12-11-2004, 12:53 AM
My family has gotten to the point of desperation. I lost my job back in October and DH is not able to work because he hurt his back at work. He is getting a check every two weeks from WC insurance but it just don't cut it anymore. My Mom that lives with us says it's time to go to the welfare office. Even my DD's school sent her home with a KidCare application so she can seek medical attention for her constant joint pains. Would it be beneficial for us to apply?

catdance
12-11-2004, 08:47 AM
sure, go apply, it might be the very best move, I am sorry to hear this at any time in your life, I am sure the Holidays make this worse..maybe you can get medical assistance as well..go take care of this..((HUGS))..and well wishes.

KATinKY
12-11-2004, 08:54 AM
I am sorry your family is having a rough time right now. Go sign up and get the help you need, and you need a medical card for your daughter. Hope things get better for you and your family, wishing you all the very best!

teenies*mom
12-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Try and get whatever you can to help your family out.
I really hope things get better for you and your family.

mistressB
12-11-2004, 10:20 AM
well if you are low income then you should be able to get help. if you don't work and are able, have children not under the age of six they will probably require you to get a job after 6 months. but if you guys are that down and out maybe getting a second income would be a good idea.

http://www.dhs.state.il.us/ts/fss/tanf.asp

Freebeemom
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Try freecycle.org....I am the moderator for the southwest burbs.

Can't help any other way than that. Check with your local churches and food banks...United MEthodist, in worth, give loads of food away. You can go to the pads programs for dinner only, if you need it. Other than that, you should check with the social workers for the state.

NL1720
12-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks to MistressB for the link. I read up on alot and I'm going to apply tomorrow.

FreeBeeMom - nice to meet you. I founded the FreeCycle for New lenox and Frankfort. :)

Everyone else - thanks for all your well wishes.