PDA

View Full Version : Prostitutes at our motel in NC

buglebe
12-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Well this was an adventure. We went to see dd in NC. She lives in a very small town. There are 4 hotels or motels. One is a bed and breakfast, over a hundred dollars a night, too expensive for us, 2 are little mom and pop places and one is a Days Inn. We have stayed at the Days Inn, it is too expensive, comes to $61 a night and isn't clean and is located right next to a store open all night so not quiet. We have stayed at both of the mom and pop ones. We chose the mom and pop one closest to our daughter's house and one of the cleanest motels we have ever stayed in. We were there 7 nights and got a nice cheap weekly rate. Well, every night when we would get to the room we would be so tired from playing with the grandkids we would just fall into bed and go to sleep. Two nights we stayed up, tv on and lights on. I was nearly asleep, about 9:30 when someone gave two loud raps on the door. I said to dh , don't open the door, but being a man, he looked out the window and opened the door. This young girl about 20 said "Do you need service?" DH said "Huh?" And she repeated it. I am thinking, why does the motel think we need service at 9:30 at night. Then I realized what it was about. DH was acting so funny when he shut the door and looked at me and said "I didn't have anything to do with that!" I got so tickled I started laughing. Then he said, I never had it brought to the door and offered to me like that. So I thought ok someone has called a girl and she got the wrong door. That was on Sat night when DH was watching the ballgame. Well guess what, Wed came,10:30, and same rap on door, DH looks out the window and there are 2 of them. He opens the door and same thing.
Now I am wondering, does the management know what is going on? Do we stay there again? I actually felt sorry for the girls after they left. So young and in so much danger, it just made me feel lucky about my own daughters. I have always felt safe at this place before but now I don't know. No my dh wasn't guilty. He was as shocked as I was. It was a funny thing but oh so sad too. It was a new experience though, just wanted to share I guess. I keep having the thoughts of those girls and wondering why they are doing this?

mistressB
12-11-2004, 12:57 AM
who knows why they do it, good money perhaps? it's legal in navada.

INDYE911
12-11-2004, 01:21 AM
I feel so GUILTY!!! This happened almost EXACTLY to my MOTHER!!!

I told her a "Dollar Inn" was cheap and a good place to stay.....

Now, get this-I am a 911 dispatcher. After recommending this to
my mother I see a news report advising the "Dollar Inn' is a Haven
for prostitutes, drug addicts, and suicidal people....Someone stayed
there, according to the news- and complained of the smell due to someone
shooting theirselves, the aftermath spread into the heating unit-which was NOT cleaned and well, let's just say my mother will not take my advice again on a place to stay! Who could blame her- The room was cleaned, according to them-however-the person that commited suicide (I'm being
VERY tactful here) He didn't feel the need to clean the room up on his own (obviously) , shot himself in the hotel room, they cleaned up everything except the heating vents......Uh-I hate to be Graphic but...well.........every type of matter was found on the heating vents! They brushed off my mother, even after she complained of the smell!!! Geez! What else could they want?

fatesfaery
12-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Since this was a mom & pop place, I'd call and let them know what happened. They may not be aware that this is going on. I'd also call the sheriff's dept in NC and tell them about it.

mizzy62
12-11-2004, 05:20 AM
mehhhh... :D

andreame70
12-11-2004, 06:12 AM
buglebe, I am sorry you had to encounter such things while visiting our state. This does happen at a lot of hotels and truck stops in our area. In the future, please tell your husband that it really is not a good idea to open the door to them. Some of these "ladies of the evening" do not take too kindly on being turned down, especially twice. Honestly, it was very possible that he and/or you could have been hurt or injured. My parents next door neighbor was a police officer for many years and he told us of several cases where these women would be turned down, get mad about it, then go on to rob the person or family. Some of them would be high on crack or other things and it would escalate into a serious problem.

I am glad that you both are okay, just please be extra careful in the future.

Andrea

Tasha405
12-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Since this was a mom & pop place, I'd call and let them know what happened. They may not be aware that this is going on. I'd also call the sheriff's dept in NC and tell them about it.
ITA! Call and let them know whats going on there. Maybe they don't know but even if they do they will know you didn't like it. lol

The sheriff's department call would be a must on my end. Maybe they could set up there and catch a few of those women to help put a stop to it. ;)

buglebe
12-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Regarding my husband opening the door, I told him that if they didn't kill him , I would , (of course, I didn't mean it) if it ever ever happened again that someone knocked on our door in a motel and he opened it. We have been through this so many times. But my husband is childlike in some ways, having had meningitis and a shunt in his head. I am very aware of the dangers out there and am constantly telling him the need to be careful and aware of the surroundings. There were so many things that did go through my mind at the time and for the following days we were there. These people who own the motel are nice people. We have stayed with them a number of times. I did notice this time there business had picked up, mostly men but not the loud kind. They don't have night guards, they live at the motel and lights go off in their apartment about 10:00. I am sure they get up for someone to check in late but they do appear to go to bed. I considered calling the cops but I didn't want to make trouble for the motel owners or actually the girls. Personally I definitely didn't like the knock on the door and I think many of these women do this because they are on drugs and need drug money. This motel is so well lit you could see someone from 2 blocks away. Also it is right across the street from a well lit restaurant. These were just very brazen women. Yes I do plan to tell the owner so he can deal with it if he chooses.
I do think it might drive away some of their business. This town does not have enough business to support the rooms it has. It probably did great until the Days Inn came in. The other mom and pop motel was very noisy and roudy with loud men staying there. This one is quiet except for the knocking.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
12-11-2004, 04:34 PM
This is going to sound very naive on my part but hear me out... not all prostitutes are "bad" people. In fact one of my co-workers, and a VERY VERY dear friend of mine is a former prostitute and a recovering addict... she is the only woman I know who has seen death and laughed in it's face, she's the only one I know who has been to Hell and back. She used to do this in California, and was addicted to Crack among other things. She still has issues, but wouldn't you? The girl has lived what you and I see on an episode of Law and Order or CSI. She came back here in 1997 after it was discovered that she had multiple illnesses and was on the verge of death. She is 37 years old now and has a 3 year old boy. Yeah, she *could* do better things for herself, but she tries so hard to do right and at least she has her friends and family here now. And I know deep down that she's still addicted, and truth be known she probably falls back on her other career too once in a while, after all she was a "professional" as she says :eek: :D :rolleyes: for 9 months...then she hit her personal bottom and came home.
Anyways, I'm rambling but I just wanted to let you know not all of them are raving loons stoned out of their minds. :D

buglebe
12-11-2004, 06:03 PM
I didn't go into all the reasons I didn't call the cops. Part of it was because I didn't want to cause problems for the motel owner but also because I think prostitution should be legalized. I just didn't want to be flamed here by stating my unpopular opinion. It is here to stay and if a woman wants to make her living that way so be it. There is a lot of arguement as to what we are doing when we bargain for cars, etc for love with our husbands or boyfriends as some wives do. I did feel sorry for the girls just because I myself can't imagine just knocking on a door and offering to sleep with a man or do what ever he wants. I wasn't terrible upset, it was an experience to talk about but I wouldn't be too happy if my husband was 20 years younger and alone. There's no need to rub temptation in their faces. There is enough of it there already. And maybe he wouldn't have had to be 20 years younger. I am just glad I was there. :eek: