PDA

View Full Version : update about man who grabbed my daughter

mimi37
12-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Today one of the police officers called. My daughter has to go to court 9:00 Monday morning. I told him we had heard he was in the psych ward. He said he's in the psych ward in the county jail. My brother did some asking around and found out this guy is banned in 2 bars because of his behavior. Also, he has been in court before for "roughing up women." :( So I was thinking with his past record, he should probably get some jail time. Then my brother tells me that someone he knows spoke to the guy's caseworker at the mental health clinic. They are going to suggest that no charges be filed against him since he "has problems." Yeah, the man has problems alright. He doesn't know how to keep his hands off women. :mad:

buttrfli
12-10-2004, 10:51 PM
If they don't do right by your DD I (personally) would call every news station withing 50 miles of me and tell them what happened and show them this guys record.

Funny things happen when the media is involved. Mental illness or not, he should be charged and punished appropriately. There is a big difference in just having mental problems and having mental problems that cause you to get physical with someone.

Freebeemom
12-11-2004, 08:42 AM
DON"T back down! Don't let them recommend this. Mental health facilities are closing all across the nation due to lack of funds. If it wasn't your daughter, it could have been someone else's. Next time it could be worse. (NOT That this wasn't bad enough).

Good luck to you! Let us know what happens! This is an awful story.

cookiegirl
12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
I sure hope they charge him. He should not be allowed to get away with this.
How is your daughter doing. I hope she is ok. You have a brave daughter.

queenangie
12-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Next time the creep does this to another young lady,
it could be rape.

Thank your lucky stars and your daughter's guardian angel,
that it was not worse.

Hugs!

sweetstar
12-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind not filing charges because this man is mentally challenged or has "problems." That doesn't solve anything. No one cares what the reason is, it's the result. A victim is a victim is a victim. If I were attacked, I could care less if the person who attacked me was sane or insane. Geez, the guy belongs in jail, or confined to a mental hospital. I am in total agreement with the other posters...contact your local news media (phone up the city desk at your local newspaper, call the local TV news; trust me I used to work at a newspaper, someone will listen or point you to someone who will).

Good luck! Please keep us updated!

schsa
12-12-2004, 08:41 AM
This may be a bond hearing. Your daughter needs to be there. If he has a mental illness he should be in a controlled enviroment. He does not need to be out where he could do potential harm to someone else. Your daughter was lucky to get away. The next woman may not be so lucky.