PDA

View Full Version : Nana is "happy dancing"

nanajoanie
12-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Mur IM'd the family and me this afternoon, webcam and all. We all got so silly and just cut up and had fun. He told us he boards a plane in Kuwait tomorrow sometime and then arrives to our home airport around noon. Can hardly wait. Special daughter (DIL) and the grandkidlettes will go pick him up. They will come back here for a mob of family and friend wellwishers. Wish I was going to the airport to greet my son but this is a very special time for him and his wife and 2 kidlettes.

Lots of food will be here. Me Bisquick - sausage - cheddar balls, oldest son many different kinds of munchies, friend lasagna sp? and garlic bread, rasberry fudge and garlic peanuts just per Mur's request, homebaked cookies from his 12 yr. old daughter, and many other things that will even be a surprise to me.

I will now officially get less sleep than the past few nights. Yeppers!! I'm excited!! Wish y'all could peek in the windows or join us for vittles :)

buttrfli
12-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I am soooo excited for nana!!! Turn the webcam on! LOL

schsa
12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
This is absolutely wonderful. I am so happy for you.

tracyb
12-09-2004, 06:32 PM
oh PRAISE THE LORD HE IS COMING TO SAFETY FOR A LITTLE WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now nana let him breath when he gets there!!!!..................lol......save some of those hugs for another day too...........lol............no you hug him and dont let go till you are ready,remember my hug is there for you to give to him also!!!!!!!!!
MANY BLESSING THIS CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR FAMILY

sahmsfreeb
12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Mur IM'd the family and me this afternoon, webcam and all. We all got so silly and just cut up and had fun. He told us he boards a plane in Kuwait tomorrow sometime and then arrives to our home airport around noon. Can hardly wait. Special daughter (DIL) and the grandkidlettes will go pick him up. They will come back here for a mob of family and friend wellwishers. Wish I was going to the airport to greet my son but this is a very special time for him and his wife and 2 kidlettes.

Lots of food will be here. Me Bisquick - sausage - cheddar balls, oldest son many different kinds of munchies, friend lasagna sp? and garlic bread, rasberry fudge and garlic peanuts just per Mur's request, homebaked cookies from his 12 yr. old daughter, and many other things that will even be a surprise to me.

I will now officially get less sleep than the past few nights. Yeppers!! I'm excited!! Wish y'all could peek in the windows or join us for vittles :)

OMG i am so happy for you and your family!!!!!!!
you MUST bring him here to bbs for all of us to meet him!!!!!!!
i am going to have a beer right now and say CHEERS to him!!!!
i am so so so happy for you nana....
now i want you offline as soon as he gets home!!! no coming in here! lol!

queenangie
12-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Nana, so glad to hear he'll be here soon.

You are a great Mom and
holding back from going to the airport
so that DIL and kidettes can get the
first hugs & kisses
just shows what a wonderful MIL you
really are!

I'm so excited for you hearing everything,
you almost have me in tears too.

Be certain to tell your son
that we are all very thankful
of the great work he is doing.
God Bless!

Angel Lips
12-09-2004, 07:22 PM
omg nana im soo happy for you, I hope mur enjoys his time with the family and you get to hug and kiss him up. enjoy your time with him.

YankeeMary
12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Nana, I can not express how thrilled I am over Mur getting to come home. I just know this will be a wonderful CHRISTmas for you all. Hugs!!!

Hollie1974
12-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Wish I was going to the airport to greet my son but this is a very special time for him and his wife and 2 kidlettes.

Oh, I am all misty eyed! What a wonderful and thoughful person you are!
And I am soooooo happy your baby is coming home!

Big hugs,
Hollie

JKATHERINE
12-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Congrats, Nana! I'm sooo happy for you!! :)

nanajoanie
12-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Just to clarify that I can't take the credit for giving up going to the airport. It was Mur's decision. His MIL and I are in total agreement - to give this most personal time ever to the kids alone as a family of 4. It's a most personal, private time for them. It's different when the entire unit comes home - protocol and all that very impressive get it over with stuff. But you can bet I will be hanging on his back a lot while he is home. We'll just see if he still wants to give his Mom piggy back rides. I'd rather a piggy back ride than being tossed over his shoulder like in years past. After the New Year, I'll have some pics to post. Be patient with me in that department please.

Thanks for all your wonderful thoughts and wishes. Y'all come over for some vittles. Might even have a beer or two for sahmsfreeb. Me I'll have a glass of Chablis or Chardonnay. Will have 2 coffee pots going and sweet iced tea :)

Angel Lips
12-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Nana will you have some kit kats too?

nanajoanie
12-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Nana will you have some kit kats too?

Bring them over Sat. afternoon when the kids get back from the metal flying bird barn. You can even bring Jon :)

ocvachick
12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Thats awesome nana!!! Im so happy for you :)

twinkiesmom
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
What a joyous time for you! Great Xmas present! Eat lots! And be careful. Sounds like Mur likes to show who's in control. lol Throwing you over his shoulder? LOL I can only try to picture that one! Too funny! Have a good time!

janelle
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, now the fun begins. I know you will enjoy every second of it. Give him a big hug and kiss for us. Take loads of pics to show us. Huggs Joanie. :p :p

jcw
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm so glad that he's getting to come home, wish they all could come home. Have a great Christmas with your baby

DivineMsDi
12-10-2004, 05:16 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
YIPPEE!! WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!

How long is your boy home for? HAVE A GREAT TIME and thank him from all of us for a job well done! :D :D

cookiegirl
12-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Have a wonderful time with your son and family :o

nanajoanie
12-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Mur just called us on the phone for the metal flying machine. It lands in the earlyafternoon. So vittles can all be set out. And the Dr. Peppers will be cold just for him for 14 days. Mur and his brother are the family clowns. You never know what they will do next but they always manage to catch you off guard, like Candid Camera - somewhere, sometime when you least expect it :eek: So funny. Wish y'all could peek in the windows. I know you will be here in spirit :)

andreame70
12-10-2004, 09:03 AM
I hope you and your family have a great time over the next 2 weeks. This is wonderful that he is able to be home around Christmas, a real blessing.

Andrea

Countrymom
12-10-2004, 01:29 PM
I am soooo happy for you Nana!!!! :D :D :D :D

catdance
12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
WELL..."GO AHEAD"..dear NANA..have fun, get excited, don't sleep..do all the things you have been thinking, but FIRST..take a LONG at your SON..a long one..and HUG the "BEJESUS" outta him, you have waited so long, this is a very treasured time..get PICTURES!!! SHOW PICTURES..I send you ALL my LOVE..Merry Christmas...
MY LOVE to you and your's..except, I might have to have some Chablis, to get to the door when he WALKED in..I hope you are "FLAT OUT FLOORED", by his "MUR" presence....
Thank him, from all of us, though I shouldn't speak for all, I guess, we apperciate all he has done for us, here in the USA..

BIG LOVE..NANA.... :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY DANCIN' MY ASS off for you!!!
REALLY.

tsquared
12-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Nana i expect to see pictures....................:)
Enjoy this special time with your family...........the distant son

gobs101
12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
How wonderful!!! Glad your son gets to come home just in time for the holidays. Have a great time and give him a big hug from me.