PDA

View Full Version : Nana needs help with a recipe

nanajoanie
12-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Anybody know the proportions for the Bisquick - sausage - cheddar cheese balls? I also add a few dashes of Texas Pete. But seems to me a liquid goes in also but I don't remember.

Tracy'sMom
12-09-2004, 04:32 PM
The one I have is
3 cups bisquick
1 pound sausage
10 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt

gonna look and see if there is another one.

nanajoanie
12-09-2004, 05:02 PM
The one I have is
3 cups bisquick
1 pound sausage
10 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt

gonna look and see if there is another one.

Thanks Tracy, that's the one but I thought there was liquid in it - water/milk. I appreciate it. :) I always add a few shakes of the hot sauce, family likes it better that way. But for me I buy Neese's reg. sausage, not the hot kind.

fatesfaery
12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
The recipe I use is the same as Tracy posted, but calls for 3/4 cup of water.

nanajoanie
12-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Also do I brown the sausage down first or mix it uncooked right into the Bisquick :confused: My mind is racing in so many directions. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when she was in the tornado.

nanajoanie
12-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Just went to allrecipes.com. I know have that site bookmarked!! Several variations but basically:
3 C. Bisquick
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1# sausage
Mix all together and roll into small balls.
Bake at 350-400 for about 10 minutes depending on your oven.
But I will add a few shakes of hot sauce.

Tracy'sMom
12-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Glad You found what You needed Nana.

rikl1
12-10-2004, 11:31 AM
nana u want to brown the sausage first that way the cheese ball or what ever it is u r trying to make r not to greasy this is coming from a cook

nanajoanie
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
nana u want to brown the sausage first that way the cheese ball or what ever it is u r trying to make r not to greasy this is coming from a cook

Thanks. Wondered about that. I think I'll brown it down slightly, not all the way. And yeppers, the grease has got to go. The cheese has grease too but not as bad. On my way to the kitchen shortly. So much to do before tomorrow when Mur arrives :)