PDA

View Full Version : New here, customer gripe

DebbieQ
12-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Goodbye Risa.

odielover
12-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Unfortunately while the holidays tend to make most everyone happy it does tend to bring out the grouchiest people. I figure maybe it makes them feel better about themselves to treat waitresses,cashiers,people who work with the public in general like dirt. I was working at a Shoney's one time on Christmas Eve and a couple came in and gave me a lecture on not working on the lord's day because it was a sunday. I tried my best to just smile and give good service since you know the customer is always right. After a half hour of being told every time I went to the table I was going to hell and that the food was lousy and after making every attempt to satify them I finally told them that if no one would come in to eat on holidays and sundays then places like Shoney's wouldn't see the profit of being open on those days. Then I gave them my best smile and continued to do my job. Needless to say it changed their tune a little bit. So next time someone is fussy or snotty just keep smiling and wishing them a nice day on the outside but maybe wish them an itchy butt or something to make yourself laugh a little on the inside.