PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the NANNY reunion special last night?

DivineMsDi
12-07-2004, 05:53 AM
If so, what did you think? I thought it was a bit of a snore-fest myself. The 2 oldest kids do not look very well. Is the young man who played Brighton ill? He has aged very badly, so I was wondering if he is sick of something? He and "Maggie" cannot be older than their late 20s.

Fran looked very good, especially considering what she had been through (cancer). Charles O'Shaunessy (sp?) who I think looked a bit drawn in the last season, seems to be aging very well. Anyhow, I always thought he was handsome...:)

I missed "Niles." He made the show.

Anyone else???

YankeeMary
12-07-2004, 06:01 AM
I watched a bit of it. Thought it was rather boring, I waited all week to see it and was disappointed. I didn't know that "Fran" had cancer and I thought CC looked bad.

DivineMsDi
12-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Yes, CC looked terrible, too. Boy, am I running everyone down today.. :rolleyes:

Well, if you lived in Hollywood, would dress THAT badly? What WAS she wearing? It was disappointingly boring and I felt it was very "forced."

"Fran" had ovarian cancer or uterine cancer several years ago and had a total hyterectemy. She wrote 2 books, one post cancer called CANCER SHMANCER. (spelling). It was all about her life after the Nanny show and how she had cancer a long time but could not get doctors to listen to her (they were all dazzled by her stardom and she wound up seeing about 10 gynos until someone FINALLY found out she had cancer.) :eek:

I'm glad she is doing well now...still can't STAND the voice...but there are lots of people in NY who "tawk" like her.... ;)

kelly12569
12-07-2004, 07:44 AM
ohhhh man, I missed it! :( Ive been looking forward to it for weeks now and then totally forgot about it.

Why wasnt Niles there?

maybe I didnt miss to much by the sounds of it. I wonder if anyone I know taped it.

sahmsfreeb
12-07-2004, 09:14 AM
"loouuuwsy show"
insert nasal sound here...

lassss
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM
"loouuuwsy show"
insert nasal sound here...

hehehhee she has the right name Nanny as in nannnny goat with that voice ughhhhhhh :D

laughsalot
12-07-2004, 11:00 AM
I waited allll week to see it and I was disappointed. I loved the Nanny show but this little show was awful! Where the heck was Niles?

DivineMsDi
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
My dh read somewhere "NILES" was working and couldn't get away.

That Danny Bonaducci bit was STUPID.

Kelly--you didn't miss much but a few cheesey bits with Fran "throwing" a party for her fellow Nanny cast members in her house and clips from the show. I kept thinking Fran was over the top with her "Isn't this lovely? Isn't the food great?" She had at least one or two catering staff members in her house so what was she going on about?

ROSEYGIRL
12-07-2004, 05:54 PM
It Was So-so. I Also Missed Niles Being There. Certainly Not The Best Reunion Show I've Ever Seen!

Hollie1974
12-18-2004, 07:14 PM
It was horrible. And I was very unhappy that they did Daniel Davis (Niles) that way. He was doing a show ON Broadway when they were taping. I think they could have atleast said that, ya know?

I thought that Fran looked great as well and Ann Guilbert (Yetta) looked wonderful, looked like she hasn't aged a bit.

All in all it was cool to see them all (and Lauren Lane (C.C.) looked really aged!! Geeze!) but man, they really needed to spice it up some. I was pretty well bored to tears.

If you like the Nanny then here is a link to the mother of all Nanny fansites. It's pretty cool (and how I knew that Daniel Davis wasn't going to be there. :( )
http://home.frognet.net/~ritchie/nanny.htm