PDA

View Full Version : Trading Spouses: Crazy

JustAMuse
12-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Did anyone watch trading spouses last night, the one where the family sleeps in the same room? That is insane. The yoga and meditation is good, but come on, you need your own space. And, how do the parents get busy?

belcherpi
12-07-2004, 07:19 AM
I watched it and thought "Poppa" was a nut. Those people really need to get out more and get with the times. That sleeping in the same room is ridiculous. And what's the deal with no furniture and no shoes???? :confused:

jamrsc
12-07-2004, 07:24 AM
I thought they were crazy too. I feel bad for the boys, the do seem brain washed. They should be out doing things with friends and getting ready for college or work, not following Poppa around all the time. Does Poppa even work?

Angelseyes28
12-07-2004, 08:37 AM
I thought they were crazy too. I feel bad for the boys, the do seem brain washed. They should be out doing things with friends and getting ready for college or work, not following Poppa around all the time. Does Poppa even work?
I agree about the brain washing. The poor boys can't help it but I think the parents are complete loons. And that's a good question about Poppa. It didn't mention anything about him having a job. Only that he was left property by someone.....guess he doesn't have to work? :confused:

Anthill
12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
On the outside of the door, it said something about Taoist (?) so maybe they have people come to their house and help them relax or something who knows.

LazyTimeGirl
12-07-2004, 09:42 AM
I kept wondering how these people buy their food and clothing. They can't possibly make enough money singing on the streets to buy food, clothing, electricity, heat, taxes, gas, etc. with only this income. Also, if they never wear shoes, how do they go into a store to buy stuff? They seemed a little over the edge for me.

FreeBnutt
12-07-2004, 09:28 PM
My question is: If they don't own a TV how in the heck did they apply to be on the show?

What is Taoism? and none of them could explain it? come on... sheesh

Anthill
12-07-2004, 09:35 PM
That's the question I always have too,, because I watch Wifeswap on ABC and they had people on that shop that homeschooled their children they weren't allowed to watch tv etc and I thought then how did they find out about this. BUT then again, I have a TV and never saw an advertisement that they wanted people to be on the show. I have noticed that the type of people they have on these shows are always the same type of people. One is people that are very strict, homeschool , don't own a tv or don't allow tv etc. SO I wonder if they aren't targeting that group, going to that group of people etc??? I don't know that's just my thought

MamaFairal
12-08-2004, 08:22 AM
In the beginning of the show it said Papa was left properties and can now afford to live the lifestyle they want...
They live in Santa Cruz California which if that is where his properties were left he made millions$$ and doesnt have to work.(Ex FIL's dumpy house in SF area just sold for $432K and hadnt been updated in 30 yrs)

Papa was a cooky freak......Mama wasnt much better! Those boys have no life :(
But yeah how do they be intimate with the boys in the same room...maybe they go up to Papa's "laire"?(the attic)
I cant wait to see next week when it showed Papa beaking down crying...didnt he say that was a sign of self pity???

jamrsc
12-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Look what I found....Looks like they do have computers, tv, etc. Here is Kyle's website: www.playingbyear.com

harloo
12-08-2004, 09:49 AM
OMG, Vickie was hilarious!!! I could not stop laughing at her antics on the show. I must of fell out of my chair when she said Do you know who Beyonce is? Then one of the son's said," Who's Beyonce?". I must of died from laughter when Vicki was sitting around in a circle while Papa was hitting that box. She was hilarious. And what else got me was the father's crazed notion that the Chinese will take over the world. Can we say his son's are brainwashed?

Also I did see a computer at their house, but I did not see a tv. But the whole sleeping together thing really freaked me out. What a crazy family. I liked the yoga aspect and a few other things, but Papa is setting his son's up for failure. They won't know how to connect with the real world if they are not allowed to form their own opinions about the world we live in.

I kind of felt sorry for the other mother because she was trying but Vicki's kids did not get it. They were mocking her, and I thought the least they could do was try to listen a little. I guess today's children don't have enough respect to be considerate. Even though the songs and music were crazy they could of at least tried.

Tulsa_para
12-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Did anyone else watch tonight? OMG, I think fox has a new reality series in the making... following two young boys as they experience reality ....and shoes for the first time (without papa!) lol, kinda like amish in the city w/o accent! :rolleyes:

MamaFairal
12-17-2004, 06:02 AM
I was so happy Kyl wants to experience the "outside" world.
That boy can play guitar and if he went to Nashville im sure he'd find paying work!!
He rocks!