PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys - need some ideas please ...

JazzMama
12-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Needing gift ideas ... I have DD's teacher's present already. But, then I started thinking (wrong thing to do) about the other teachers that don't necessarily teach her class, but are always there to look after her in the gym in the mornings and the part-time college kids that look after her in the afternoons.

She's in the 3-yr old class at preschool, so it needs to be something that the other teachers could get without twenty 3-yr olds wanting one too (that threw out my idea of baking a big basket of cookies). Anyone know of something inexpensive (think no more than a few dollars each for about
10 teachers)?

DivineMsDi
12-06-2004, 11:18 AM
I was a preschool teachers for a few years. It's nice that you are thinking about the other ones who interact with your child.

I appreciated anything I got from a Christmas ornament to a small box of candy or gift card. I advise NOT getting "to a special teacher" type ornaments though. Generic ones with snowmen or Santa or whatever are fine. (as a teacher you get kind of tired of a ton of "teacher" stuff gracing your tree or house.).(JMO) :D

I also have given out my share of presents to teachers and other support staff. One year I volunteered in a playgroup where my son went. I gave all the other staff/teachers a holiday dishtowel and oven mitt set (from the dollar store).

You can always give small boxes of candy out. I bought some of those Ferreo Rocher 8 packs to give my son's speech and OT teachers. For his class teacher, I am giving $ to the class mothers who are collecting.

One year I was teaching in a nice school and some parents got together and brought us all in bagels and cream cheese and other items for a brunch during school time. :)

Teachers don't usually open their gifts during class time. I used to take mine home. So I wouldnt' worry about the kids "wanting" it. Cookies in a nice tin (homemade!) sound great... :p

I urge you, though, don't

JazzMama
12-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I advise NOT getting "to a special teacher" type ornaments though. Generic ones with snowmen or Santa or whatever are fine.

Ornaments are a good idea ... I didn't think of that! Keep 'em coming!!

**Side note - luckily I had a mom who was a school nurse and was always so tired of looking a nurse snowwoman and nurse bears that I don't think I could do that. Her actual teacher will be getting a gift set with a devotional book, jar candle, and satin eye mask that has dried lavender and other stressbeater herbs inside**