PDA

View Full Version : We found some Secret Santas now we need some ANGELS (for Melodyjl)

shellysms
12-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Some of you may not know but one of our fellow BBS members died in November. Melodyjl was a member of BBS since June 2002. She was a good trader and a good friend to many.

Melody Jean "Molly" Lurvey, 30, of 1239 25th St., Fort Madison, died Saturday, Nov, 6, 2004 at Great River Medical Center.

Well everyone...we did really good for the Secret Santas...We have some really great BBS Family and Friends here... Now how about one more thing?
I have been talking to Richard Lurvey and thought that maybe we could do something for Melody's kids. They have 3 kids,cameron 5yrs, maggie 1yr, emma 1 month. I'm sure it is going to be really hard on them at Christmas, as you could just imagine. SO I thought that maybe we could "adopt" these kids for Christmas and try to cheer up their christmas. Any help would be appreciated. Richard didn't specify any "wants" or "needs" but if anyone has any questions I can ask him. If you would like to help that would be great! You can send things directly to them....or if you would like to send Amazon or Paypal...after I see what we have collected. I'll go shopping! :)

I know we have lots of special "angels" on here...luckily I've met quite a few...and I have to admit..I can be one at times myself. :) It's really hard to imagine these little ones without their mom....and I know it's hard on Richard as well. Let's do something together as a BBS family and try to make christmas just a little brighter for these kids! Thanks so much!!

shellysms@hotmail.com or PM here!

teenies*mom
12-03-2004, 07:06 AM
I just emailed you - thanks

JKATHERINE
12-03-2004, 07:18 AM
PM'd you, Shelly.

Let's keep this bumped...this is important!

Tracy'sMom
12-03-2004, 08:36 AM
emailed You and We might send a little something extra for Him also just to let Him know that We care.

shellysms
12-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Yep, your right!!! I ordered some extra men things from I think nicole for stocking stuffers and I have some extras so i will send some of them!

volkswagon7
12-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Sent you PayPal. Thanks for doing this for them.

kaysee
12-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Im game!!!!! I have also talked to him via emails. Are we gonna personally send them or send them to someone and they get it together as 1 big box??? please let me know and i will ogo shopping this weekend. My email is at the bottom.
P.S.
is cameron a boy?? just cause i thought she had 2 girls and 1 boy

DivineMsDi
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
This is just too sad. Those little ones should NOT have to live without a mom. :( Everyone keep this family in your prayers, even if you can't send anything.

shellysms
12-05-2004, 09:51 AM
BUMP......Anyone else want to help? I am going to try and wrap this up by friday! :)
Thanks everyone for being so great! :)

tracyb
12-05-2004, 11:12 AM
can i have there address just incase i can get them something with all the ones that i have now I got to get them first but i am sure I can do a little something for them even if it just sending them abig box of chocolates or just something.

catdance
12-05-2004, 11:43 AM
I am, in will PM you..wow, this is wonderful you are thinking like this and just so sad...as well..

DBackFan
12-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Shelly...PM me your paypal addy and I will send some money to help.

kelly12569
12-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to mention that I passed on another member's name to DBD who has had a recent death in the family. For those of you willing to help Melodys family... when they get what they need if there is anyone left still wanting to help, please buzz DBD and ask her if the three I mentioned have been filled as well. She can give you the details as to who it is, etc.

Love to see the BBS family pulling and helping together.

bumping for you Shelly ;)