PDA

View Full Version : Oh ow oh help!!

Hollie1974
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey folks,
So I was suppose to have a root canal and a filling done today. Well, I had those done plus three (yeah baby 3!) extractions. Um, where the novacaine go!! Hey come back numbing effect! I am starting to hurt! Anyone have any advice on how to dull this pain a bit. I have to study for a test and I really need to have all my wits about me to do it, ya know? And the dentist gave me no pain killers! I didn't think that was a big deal till now! lol :eek:

And I am a SMOKER! This is killing me! Need a smoke! Somebody please smoke one for me! Send me some smoke in an e-mail, ok? lol :rolleyes:

Ok, that's all folks!
Hollie

mcdoogle
12-02-2004, 09:09 PM
no painkillers? that's unheard of. i would call him up and tell him that you are in terrible pain and that you need him to write out a script.

buttrfli
12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Ice and tylenol! Other than something topical, which you can't put on the extractions, those should work pretty well, but you have to keep the ice pack on for as long as you can stand it

hope you feel better soon :)

Denise1972
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
YIKES! I feel for ya! Have you tried to call your dentists emergency number to have him write a script for you? Also, if you dont have tylenol, ibuprophen (SP?) works too. It helps with the swelling

Hollie1974
12-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Thank you all for the tips. I have ben taking fake wannabe advil which is helping with the swelling. My dentist is gonna get a call in the morning, that is for sure.

Now to add to my whine just a bit.
It's now after 1:00am. I have to be at school by 8:30 am. My class lasts from 8:30 am to 4:20 pm (massage class, 4 hours of lecture ack! and 4 hours of lab). Now I have a test in the morning that I am studying for now. I still have to make my son's lunch for tomorrow, write a note to my hubby about leaving me lunch money and stuff, write down the phone number of the place I want my stuff called into from the dentist and make a list of questions to ask when I call in the morning that I forgot to ask at my appointment.

I am so in trouble. I would really appericate some good grade vibes at this point! ;) I really want an A in this class and to get that I need to get an A on this test and the final next week.
Anyhoo I suppose I should get my backside off the computer and get my list done so I can try and fall asleep.

Thanks again!
Big hugs!
Hollie

twinkiesmom
12-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Hope you have a good day. Good luck! Keep popping the Advil wannabes if ya hafta.

callsheb
12-03-2004, 06:44 AM
just wanted to say good luck i know about the pain i had all my teeth pulled on tuesday and dentures put right in i am in so much pain that i been taking pain pills every 3 hours my face is all swollen and bruised so i feel for you. They told me to use hot wash rags to help with the pain besides the pain pills so try that and rinising your mouth with warm salt water. I dont understand why they did not give you any pain pills though.

Trishntx
12-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Ice (frozen bag of veggies works great) and LIQUID Tylenol. Take 3, it works much faster. I just got over an infection in a back molar. The dentist couldn't even do anything till the infection was gone, TALK about pain. GEEZ! He gave me Vicodin, and I am not much on pain killers, but to be honest, I took only one and it didn't work as well as the Tylenol.
Good luck , I feel for ya!!

Hollie1974
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, I got a D on the test. :( :( But so did most of the class so I don't feel to bad, but that just blew my chance at an A this semester. But hey I will still pass the class with a B and I can always try for the Dean's List again next semester.

This morning I called my dentist. He called in a script of antibotics for me. No pain meds, which is fine. Though I would have been really happy if he would have called in some heavy duty ibuprofen. Oh well. And my head is just killing me, which I assume is from the pressure of the extraction. Can't wait till this pressure hit's it on out of here.

Thanks guys,
Hugs,
Hollie

dangerousfem
12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry but I think your dentist is a quack!!! I have never heard of someone getting a root canal or teeth pulled without getting some pain meds... I hope your feeling better soon

jen-ron
12-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Wow! Thats strange! I had a wisdom tooth taken out about 2 weeks ago and my Dr gave me a prescrip for Loratab! lol I took 1/2 of one and was feelin quite good! ;) LOL But thats all I took, I didnt like feelin giddy and light headed. lol

Hollie1974
12-04-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry but I think your dentist is a quack!!! I have never heard of someone getting a root canal or teeth pulled without getting some pain meds... I hope your feeling better soon

At this point in time I have to agree with you. It's 2:30 am and the pain just woke me up. And now it's Saturday, so I can't even call him about it. And if I were to go to like Statcare about it, they would want to know why my dentist didn't give me anything, which I have no clue why. Except maybe because I told him that I have to study for finals and maybe he feels I need my wits about me. But guess what! I can't study if I am in pain, ya know?
I have been taking 1600 miligrams of ibuprofen every 2-3 hours and its not doing all that much. These antibotics (sp?) better kick in soon or I may just have to look up his home number and give him a call.

Hollie

Hollie1974
12-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Wow! Thats strange! I had a wisdom tooth taken out about 2 weeks ago and my Dr gave me a prescrip for Loratab! lol I took 1/2 of one and was feelin quite good! ;) LOL But thats all I took, I didnt like feelin giddy and light headed. lol

That's what everyone was telling me today at school. Quite a few people in my class have ahd wisdom teeth removed and ALL of them were provided some kind of pain relief.

I will tell you one thing right now. There are two more that have to come out (another wisdom and another molar) and I will tell him that if he is not going to give me anything for the pain, then leave them were they are! I am not a happy camper right now. :(

Hollie

Hollie1974
12-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Hope you have a good day. Good luck! Keep popping the Advil wannabes if ya hafta.

lol trust me! I am!

Thanks!
Hollie

Hollie1974
12-04-2004, 12:42 AM
just wanted to say good luck i know about the pain i had all my teeth pulled on tuesday and dentures put right in i am in so much pain that i been taking pain pills every 3 hours my face is all swollen and bruised so i feel for you. They told me to use hot wash rags to help with the pain besides the pain pills so try that and rinising your mouth with warm salt water. I dont understand why they did not give you any pain pills though.

Put right in, right away? Oh my, you have to be in some major pain! :( In between rubbing my jaw and cussing out my dentist (lol ;) ) I will be thinking about you. I hope you feel better soon!
Oh and I am over warm salt water! rof Bleck!
Hollie

Hollie1974
12-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Ice (frozen bag of veggies works great) and LIQUID Tylenol. Take 3, it works much faster. I just got over an infection in a back molar. The dentist couldn't even do anything till the infection was gone, TALK about pain. GEEZ! He gave me Vicodin, and I am not much on pain killers, but to be honest, I took only one and it didn't work as well as the Tylenol.
Good luck , I feel for ya!!

I wonder if it is alright to take both the Liquid Tylenol and ibuprfen together? I need to take the ibuprofen for the swelling, but I know that nothing beats Tylenol for oral pain.

And I will definitely do the veggie thing.
Thanks!
Hollie

queenangie
12-04-2004, 06:01 AM
(((Hugs)))